3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  306 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Do you dare open the door and enter a place like no other?

In these three historical tales of sensual awakening, nothing that stimulates and titillates is taboo, ecstasy comes in many sizes, and pleasure is its own reward . . . a world of seduction and sensation, where inhibitions are unlaced and desires long corseted are gloriously freed. . . .

Fallen Angel Jess Michaels

Lon...more
Published May 23rd 2006 by Avon Red

Eastofoz
Jul 26, 2009 Eastofoz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who want some added spice to their romance but don't mind rushed endings
It’s too bad this anthology wasn’t longer because the stories have the makings of some good stuff had the endings not been rushed. There are three distinct stories set in different periods with some spicy sex. Short stories (at least what I’ve read) often tend to suffer from the low word count and with these three you have a perfect example of needless “suffering” (!)

Jess Michaels’ story was the one I liked the least despite the fact that that’s why I bought the book (her full length novels are...more
Mey Buentipo
steamy....funny and adventurous. The first short story is from Jess Michaels titled Fallen Angel. The story about a former bow street runner and a mistress. I loved her books. So no telling that I enjoyed the story. The second is from Leda Swann titled Parlor Games. First book I read from this author. For me it did not go well from. I am confused of the story. It is different from other I read. It is between a woman who became a milliner and a writer. Well, the story not from the ordinary becaus...more
Holly
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels

Someone is out to get Arabella Nichols, the notorious London madam known as the Fallen Angel and so Arabella hires a disgraced Bow Street Runner named John Valentine to protect her. She wants Valentine's protection and she wouldn't say no to his services in bed either, but she's only willing to play by her terms. Valentine is willing to take another chance at love but if he is to protect her, he needs her to trust him so he can find her stalker.

I'm sorry. Does Arabe...more
m.allen
This is a collection of three short erotic stories. I didn't really have a favorite out of the three, I thought they were all just okay. It was hard to believe that the characters in any of them actually fell in love. The idea of love was thrown in at the end real quick and the reader is supposed to believe that somewhere along the way the characters fell in love. It's more like they fell in lust and decide that that is better than being alone. It would probably have been better if they had been...more
Marianne
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels
Arabella Nichols – a stunning beauty and a notorious madam
John Valentine – handsome, sexy and a disgraced Bow Street Runner.
Someone is stalking her: she hires him for protection. But they both have something to hide and will need to trust each other with the truth before the would-be killer can be unmasked.
Jess Michaels brings us a romantic tale of intrigue with some highly erotic love scenes.

Parlor Games by Leda Swan
Sarah Chesham - a curate’s daughter, an innocent...more
Megan
Overall I had to give this anthology 4 stars because of the last story- "Border Lord." At a quick glance I needed to be reminded that this anthology is worth its spot on my keeper shelf.

“Fallen Angel” by Jess Michaels. 3 stars. This is the first anthology erotic romance I’ve read, so I’m not sure I’m a good judge on the short stories or not. However, this story was okay. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. This story is 90 pages in length. John Valentine is a disgraced Bow Street Runner...more
Library
3 lackluster romance novellas.
SarLy
I'm not one for bashing short stories, I think if they are written well and have some decent sex they can be wonderful. ...this wasn't one of those short stories. There were three short stories here and none of them peaked my interest. I ended up flipping thru the virtual pages just to get done. Oh, and don't get me started on the sex scenes. Talking about wild, taboo sex in the summary? Hahahaha, WHERE? The sex wasn't wild and certainly not even mildly "taboo."
Tressa
This is a collection of three stories and I'm not sure what to make of it. All of the stories felt perfunctory. The strongest story was "Parlor Games" by Leda Swann. Unfortunately, due to the brevity of the stories, the characters and plots were broadly sketched. It was difficult to like any of the characters or understand the depths of their motivations.
Splage
Very very bad, especially the 2nd story "Parlor Games", it wasn't sexy or erotic- the couple didn't even like each other - then they loved each other -huh? The other 2 stories were okay, the 3rd being the best because I like highlanders, but it was rushed because it was a short story. This wasn't worth my time.
Adriana Bookologist

FALLEN ANGEL by Jess Michaels
2 Stars-Okay

PARLOR GAMES by Leda Swann
2 Stars-Okay

BORDER LORD by Julia Templeton
3 Stars-Good

It's always a hit or miss with Antholgies. Fallen Angel and Parlor Games were just okay. I enjoyed Border Lord the most.
Shyloh
Three stories of erotic romance in a historical setting.

The first story by Jess Michaels was good, but found something to be lacking.

Leda Swann's story was very good and very steamy

Julia Templeton's story was good, but not great.
Mayra
NO, I did not read this one- Can you give a book a negative 5? I bought the audiobook for a long business trip- do they pay the narrator by minute? I have never heard a more rushed narration, the woman even sounded out of breath!
Katie
This was different. It has three mini stories in one. I truly loved the last in the book. The other two were ok in my opinion, but the last I thought was really good and cute.
Jean
This book was ok. I found the first story to be the slowest of the 3 in the book, but then the pace picked up with the 2nd and 3rd stories. Overall, a decent read.
April
Holy hell this is a real down and dirty anthology!! It was more erotica that happened to be set in Regency times. I also felt it was missing real emotional connections.
MJ
Jesse Michael's story is the best story. It is filled with a sensuality and passion. By the time, I finished reading it, it felt like I read a lengthy novel.
Jen
I listened to the audiobook which probably contributes to this poor rating. That said, none of these stories particularly engaged me.
Rctgale
Apparently this is biographical historical fiction based on a real individual. It kept my attention but was too repetitive to be great.
penelopewanders
Anthology... I liked the second one best - couldn't relate to the first at all which I found basically irritating.
Maria
I read Jess Michaels' "Fallen Angel" in this collection of novellas. I didn't care for the other two.
Maggie
Wow. Not exactly what I was expecting. I'll just say it was interesting and leave it at that.
Libraryangel
I really really liked the last story in this collection. It made the whole book for me.
Netanella
For three short stories, I felt like I ran a marathon trying to finish this book.
Sara
All are shorter works and have their own merit but fallen angel was the best
Brooke Springer
I really enjoyed the third story in this book by Julia Templeton.
Colette
I really enjoyed the first story, but couldn't finish the other two.
Lindsey
Like the 1st and 3rd stories in this book.
Gordana
Whoa, this was a kicked up romance!
Gee
This one was just boring to me. DNF
  • Dangerous Desires
  • Lawless (Untamed #2)
  • The Price of Desire (Avon Red)
  • Secrets: Volume 2
  • Fascinated
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Forbidden Fantasy
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Gabriel's Woman (The Lover, #2)
  • A Taste of Honey
  • Wild Borders (Wild, #4)
  • The Hard Stuff
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Love's Strategy (Brothers in Arms #3)
Jess Michaels always likes the "good parts" when she reads romance, so it makes sense that she writes erotic books. She is a nationally bestselling and award-winning author of nearly 50 novels and novellas. When not writing, she enjoys being a geek, designing jewelry and trying to keep the cats from scratching the furniture. She lives in Tucson with her husband.

Find her online at www.authorjessmic...more
More about Jess Michaels...
Everything Forbidden (Albright Sisters, #1) An Introduction to Pleasure (Mistress Matchmaker, #1) Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2) Nothing Denied (Albright sisters #3) Taboo (Albright Sisters, #2.5)