Start by marking “Parlor Games” as Want to Read:

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  430 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Do you dare open the door and enter a place like no other?

In these three historical tales of sensual awakening, nothing that stimulates and titillates is taboo, ecstasy comes in many sizes, and pleasure is its own reward . . . a world of seduction and sensation, where inhibitions are unlaced and desires long corseted are gloriously freed. . . .

Fallen Angel Jess Michaels

Lon
Published May 23rd 2006 by Avon Red

To ask other readers questions about Parlor Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parlor Games

Eastofoz
Jul 26, 2009 Eastofoz rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers who want some added spice to their romance but don't mind rushed endings
It’s too bad this anthology wasn’t longer because the stories have the makings of some good stuff had the endings not been rushed. There are three distinct stories set in different periods with some spicy sex. Short stories (at least what I’ve read) often tend to suffer from the low word count and with these three you have a perfect example of needless “suffering” (!)

Jess Michaels’ story was the one I liked the least despite the fact that that’s why I bought the book (her full length novels are
Holly
Dec 19, 2008 Holly rated it it was ok
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels

Someone is out to get Arabella Nichols, the notorious London madam known as the Fallen Angel and so Arabella hires a disgraced Bow Street Runner named John Valentine to protect her. She wants Valentine's protection and she wouldn't say no to his services in bed either, but she's only willing to play by her terms. Valentine is willing to take another chance at love but if he is to protect her, he needs her to trust him so he can find her stalker.

I'm sorry. Does Arabe
Mey Buentipo
steamy....funny and adventurous. The first short story is from Jess Michaels titled Fallen Angel. The story about a former bow street runner and a mistress. I loved her books. So no telling that I enjoyed the story. The second is from Leda Swann titled Parlor Games. First book I read from this author. For me it did not go well from. I am confused of the story. It is different from other I read. It is between a woman who became a milliner and a writer. Well, the story not from the ordinary becaus ...more
Claire Mojieski
Apr 06, 2010 Claire Mojieski rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, erotica
This is a collection of three short erotic stories. I didn't really have a favorite out of the three, I thought they were all just okay. It was hard to believe that the characters in any of them actually fell in love. The idea of love was thrown in at the end real quick and the reader is supposed to believe that somewhere along the way the characters fell in love. It's more like they fell in lust and decide that that is better than being alone. It would probably have been better if they had been ...more
Maura
Marianne
Mar 11, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it
Fallen Angel by Jess Michaels
Arabella Nichols – a stunning beauty and a notorious madam
John Valentine – handsome, sexy and a disgraced Bow Street Runner.
Someone is stalking her: she hires him for protection. But they both have something to hide and will need to trust each other with the truth before the would-be killer can be unmasked.
Jess Michaels brings us a romantic tale of intrigue with some highly erotic love scenes.

Parlor Games by Leda Swan
Sarah Chesham - a curate’s daughter, an innocent
Megan
Overall I had to give this anthology 4 stars because of the last story- "Border Lord." At a quick glance I needed to be reminded that this anthology is worth its spot on my keeper shelf.

“Fallen Angel” by Jess Michaels. 3 stars. This is the first anthology erotic romance I’ve read, so I’m not sure I’m a good judge on the short stories or not. However, this story was okay. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. This story is 90 pages in length. John Valentine is a disgraced Bow Street Runner
Lynde Shaw
Aug 26, 2014 Lynde Shaw rated it liked it
A good, but not great read by Jess Michaels. The love scenes were steamy but I felt both characters were one dimensional. I didn't connect emotionally to either one. A disgraced Bow Street Runner is hired by a Madame to protect her and investigate who is trying to kill her. The storyline was kind of blah. It skimmed some of it and had difficulty keeping my attention on the book. I've read much better from Ms. Michaels.
Library
Feb 11, 2014 Library rated it it was ok
3 lackluster romance novellas.
Jan 30, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: scrapped
I enjoy Jess Michaels, her male characters are often strong and sexy and her sex scenes are usually decently hot. I was looking forward to the three short stories here, but none of the stories peaked my interest and I ended up flipping thru the virtual pages just to get done. Oh, and don't get me started on the sex scenes. Talking about wild, taboo sex in the summary? Hahahaha, WHERE? The sex wasn't at all wild and certainly not even mildly "taboo."
Tressa
Jan 17, 2011 Tressa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a collection of three stories and I'm not sure what to make of it. All of the stories felt perfunctory. The strongest story was "Parlor Games" by Leda Swann. Unfortunately, due to the brevity of the stories, the characters and plots were broadly sketched. It was difficult to like any of the characters or understand the depths of their motivations.
Splage
Very very bad, especially the 2nd story "Parlor Games", it wasn't sexy or erotic- the couple didn't even like each other - then they loved each other -huh? The other 2 stories were okay, the 3rd being the best because I like highlanders, but it was rushed because it was a short story. This wasn't worth my time.
Adriana

FALLEN ANGEL by Jess Michaels
2 Stars-Okay

PARLOR GAMES by Leda Swann
2 Stars-Okay

BORDER LORD by Julia Templeton
3 Stars-Good

It's always a hit or miss with Antholgies. Fallen Angel and Parlor Games were just okay. I enjoyed Border Lord the most.
Amber Gray
Apr 26, 2008 Amber Gray rated it it was ok
Three stories of erotic romance in a historical setting.

The first story by Jess Michaels was good, but found something to be lacking.

Leda Swann's story was very good and very steamy

Julia Templeton's story was good, but not great.
Mayra
Sep 10, 2013 Mayra rated it liked it
NO, I did not read this one- Can you give a book a negative 5? I bought the audiobook for a long business trip- do they pay the narrator by minute? I have never heard a more rushed narration, the woman even sounded out of breath!
Katie
Apr 22, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: own, adult-content
This was different. It has three mini stories in one. I truly loved the last in the book. The other two were ok in my opinion, but the last I thought was really good and cute.
Jean
Jan 20, 2009 Jean rated it liked it
This book was ok. I found the first story to be the slowest of the 3 in the book, but then the pace picked up with the 2nd and 3rd stories. Overall, a decent read.
April
Dec 19, 2012 April rated it liked it
Holy hell this is a real down and dirty anthology!! It was more erotica that happened to be set in Regency times. I also felt it was missing real emotional connections.
MJ
Nov 02, 2009 MJ rated it really liked it
Jesse Michael's story is the best story. It is filled with a sensuality and passion. By the time, I finished reading it, it felt like I read a lengthy novel.
Jen
Aug 28, 2010 Jen rated it it was ok
I listened to the audiobook which probably contributes to this poor rating. That said, none of these stories particularly engaged me.
Rctgale
Mar 03, 2013 Rctgale rated it liked it
Apparently this is biographical historical fiction based on a real individual. It kept my attention but was too repetitive to be great.
penelopewanders
Jan 29, 2011 penelopewanders rated it liked it
Anthology... I liked the second one best - couldn't relate to the first at all which I found basically irritating.
Maria
Dec 23, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
I read Jess Michaels' "Fallen Angel" in this collection of novellas. I didn't care for the other two.
Libraryangel
May 03, 2012 Libraryangel rated it it was ok
I really really liked the last story in this collection. It made the whole book for me.
Netanella
For three short stories, I felt like I ran a marathon trying to finish this book.
Sara
Aug 19, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
All are shorter works and have their own merit but fallen angel was the best
Brooke Springer
Jun 13, 2009 Brooke Springer rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the third story in this book by Julia Templeton.
Colette
I really enjoyed the first story, but couldn't finish the other two.
Lindsey
May 04, 2012 Lindsey rated it liked it
Like the 1st and 3rd stories in this book.
Gordana
Feb 16, 2010 Gordana rated it liked it
Whoa, this was a kicked up romance!
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Warrior
  • Dangerous Desires
  • Lawless (Untamed, #2)
  • Secrets: Volume 2
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • Fascinated
  • Private Places (The Men and Women's Club, #2, The Courtesan Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Three
  • If This Bed Could Talk
  • The Art of Desire
  • Rogue for a Night (Stoneworth, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
Jess Michaels always likes the "good parts" when she reads romance, so it makes sense that she writes erotic books. She is a USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author of over 50 novels and novellas. When not writing, she enjoys being a geek and trying to keep the cat from scratching the furniture. She lives in Tucson with her husband.

Find her online at www.authorjessmichaels.com, on twitter (
More about Jess Michaels...