Start by marking “Return to Me” as Want to Read:
Return to Me

Return to Me

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  219 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Fate will take them to dangerously seductive places . . .

Betrayed by her uncle, the magically inclined Gabrielle Wentworth has been sold into a betrothal with a man who will surely be her ruin. To survive—and to avoid being labeled as a witch—she must accept the help of a five-hundred-year-old vampire who's as dangerous to her chaste body as he is to her fragile heart.

Haun
Published August 7th 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Return to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Me

L8blmr
Okay - this book had potential: hero is a hot vampire and heroine is a witch. However, it seemed the the heroine only used her powers when there was something the author wanted to do that she couldn't explain any other way. There was quite a bit of mind-reading, but it wasn't at all consistent. The hero's Scottish dialect was limited to the word "ye". And, honestly? There wasn't much original here, and the writing pales in comparison to Ward and Cole. So, was I entertained? Yes, mildly, during t ...more
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jun 20, 2010 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Vampire Lovers
Shelves: favorites
I am not sure how else to describe this book other than amazing. Vampires in the in the highlands of Scotland in the 17th century is sure to be a good read for fans of historically erotic paranormal romances. Julia definitely does not disappoint with this somewhat tragic story of a Scottish warrior turned vampire and his reincarnated wife two centuries after her death.
After Darius' wife finds out he has been turned into a vampire she is shocked so horribly it leads to her death and to the death
Kit
Julie
Darius MacLeod, a soldier of loyalty, bravery and valor, fought his foes until the very end. A man not afraid of death who braved its terrors daily, and in the end, accepted his own calm surrender to this heartless beast. To MacLeod's great surprise when the moment was upon him, the heartless beast carried the face of masculine beauty and agelessness, and he felt nothing like a cold nothingness. This was the start of an entirely new life for Darius, and one in which he shared with very few.

A
Lisa Kay
The secondary love story was more compelling than the primary and it was m/m (though not too explicit). Am I going to have to make a bookshelf entitled 'almost erotic'?
Natasja
Gabrielle Fairmont has a miserable life since her uncle arranges an unwanted betrothal to a man with a violent past. She has to find a way to escape her betrothal and marriage in order to save her own life. Gabrielle knows she has to rely on her gifts of mind reading and her second sight, and what she sees in her betrothal’s mind isn’t something she wants to experience first handed. Then one night during a ball she meets gorgeous Darius MacLeod and feels the huge attraction between them.

Darius M
Honistie
I had high expectations for this book. Sadly I was let down. The writing style we good but the story was more of a romance than a vampire/witch story. That was disappointing because I expected more imagination in this book after reading the book description. I was under the impression that Gabrielle and Darius were the main characters but as I read the book it seemed to me that Remont took the spot light from them. Witchery was used very little, there was no real vampire attacks, All the love sc ...more
Katie(babs)
With so many paranormal romances being published, it's hard to find plots and characters that are original and fresh. Julia Templeton’s Return to Me is fresh, due mainly to the secondary romance of the hero’s homosexual brother. Templeton has taken a chance here - and it works.

Darius MacLeod, a 14th century Scot, would have died fighting in the Battle of Bannockburn if not for his vampire creator Remont. Remont changes him at the urging of his lover, Darius’s brother Demetri. Darius eventually
La La
I got to page 55 and just started to feel annoyed by the story. A vampire whose pregnant wife dies tragically and he feels he will never meet anyone like her again. Great premise, right? No. The wife died because she was running from him with fear and loathing after he confessed that he was turned into a vampire when he was mortally wounded at war. Why would I love someone like that. Then 5 centuries later he meets his dead wife's doppelganger who is marrying a terrible man and it's like love at ...more
Ashley
I just could not get into this. I gave it 120 pages. Not enough depth to the characters.
Caitie
First off, I would simply like to say that "Possessioness" is not a word and has no business in a published book.
Having said that, this book has a good story line but terrible writing. This book had so much potential, I thought. I feel like sometimes the author goes out of her way to be raunchy. And would someone, please, get her a thesaurus. There are more than 3 words for the male genitalia.
Have to finish reading it for my own satisfaction of knowing the end, but will never read it again.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Not bad for me, was not expecting certain things in this book (sexually) but i did enjoy the read....getting into the vampire books so this is getting my feet wet. But i still found it an interesting read. Both characters were interesting to read and i thought it was good story telling. Love Julia Templeton story telling of Historical romance.
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
This book had lots of potential but the storyline was overshadowed by all of the sexual encounters between the two main characters. I feel the author could have given the reader more of a back-story on the characters. I love a good paranormal romance with steamy scenes but this one didn't make it to my favorites list.
Oriana
This is one of my worst reads this year. Cardbord characters, weak(and silly!) plot and frankly, the huge among of sex scenes don't help to give any deep to both portrayed relationships. To think I was convinced to read this because of the cover... I learned my lesson.
Kristen
Read this one in two days. It's very... erotic. It's written really well and has a decent story line, involving vampires. I liked that there were two "bi/gay" vampire men who were in love with each other. I enjoyed it thoroughly and it was a fast read.
Kayla
Read this books a few year ago. It was an entertaining read. I started it on the plane flying back to Florida and was 90% done with it when my plane landed. I was so into the story I had to finish it that day.
Amber
I did like this book. So, not what I was expecting when I got the book. :) If you like murder and some sexy action, this is a good book. The ending was pretty much my only let down. But still enjoyed it.
Robin
Cheesy, steamy and predicable. The story of Remont was much more interesting - at least it had depth. I'm going to go back reading Outlander now as I regret having put it down to read this.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Not sure why I keep reading this author. She seems to have a decent fan base and the synopsizes always sound really interesting but the books lack the plot I desire when I read.
Sara
Even the hot sex scenes and my unreasonable obsession with bad vampire books couldn't' save this one.
Big fat waste of my time.
Lisa
The story was so inticeing I couldn't put it down. A second chance to be with the one you love is the life can offer.
Tasula
Typical historical romance with vampires and quite a bit of sex. Not my usual preferences, but still a pleasant read.
Hilda
I read this book in two days. It was a bit racy in parts but had a good storyline and was a quick and easy read :)
Erin
This was more erotic than most books I've read but I did enjoy the setting and find vampire tales exciting.
Jackie
Darius and Demitri (twin vampires), Remont (maker), Gabrielle
Djenii
I lots all sense of time and space reading this one.

Nstob
Hot, hot, hot! Vampires and everything.
Sherry
Sappy!Couldn't finish this book.
Rachel
Dec 08, 2010 Rachel added it
It was very detailed :3
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Immortal Outlaw (Immortal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Dragon's Fire (Shadow of the Dragon, #2)
  • Knight Stalker
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Bound by Desire
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Blood Deep (Blood, #3)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • Crave: The Seduction of Snow White
  • Secret Thirst
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)
  • Secrets (Volume, #15) (Satisfy Your Desire for More)
  • Master of Desire (Brides of Caralon, #2)
  • Descent into Dust (Emma Andrews #1)
  • Parlor Games
I was born in Crescent City , California , a small logging town on the Pacific coast, home of enormous redwood trees and clear rivers. I have great memories of playing on stumps the size of small houses on my grandmother's acreage in a little town just north of Crescent City called Fort Dick . My sister and I would take daily walks to the main street store—an old, tiny white building that included ...more
More about Julia Templeton...
Little Miss Independent The Bargain (The Bargain, #1) Sinjin (Rakehells of Rochester, #1) Kieran the Black Dangerous Desires