Start by marking “Return to Me” as Want to Read:
Return to Me

Return to Me

Fate will take them to dangerously seductive places . . .

Betrayed by her uncle, the magically inclined Gabrielle Wentworth has been sold into a betrothal with a man who will surely be her ruin. To survive—and to avoid being labeled as a witch—she must accept the help of a five-hundred-year-old vampire who's as dangerous to her chaste body as he is to her fragile heart.

Haun
Published August 7th 2007 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Return to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Me

L8blmr
Nov 10, 2008 L8blmr rated it liked it
Okay - this book had potential: hero is a hot vampire and heroine is a witch. However, it seemed the the heroine only used her powers when there was something the author wanted to do that she couldn't explain any other way. There was quite a bit of mind-reading, but it wasn't at all consistent. The hero's Scottish dialect was limited to the word "ye". And, honestly? There wasn't much original here, and the writing pales in comparison to Ward and Cole. So, was I entertained? Yes, mildly, during t ...more
Kit
Feb 20, 2008 Kit rated it did not like it
Dahlia (yadkny)
May 20, 2010 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Vampire Lovers
Shelves: favorites
I am not sure how else to describe this book other than amazing. Vampires in the in the highlands of Scotland in the 17th century is sure to be a good read for fans of historically erotic paranormal romances. Julia definitely does not disappoint with this somewhat tragic story of a Scottish warrior turned vampire and his reincarnated wife two centuries after her death.
After Darius' wife finds out he has been turned into a vampire she is shocked so horribly it leads to her death and to the death
Julie
Darius MacLeod, a soldier of loyalty, bravery and valor, fought his foes until the very end. A man not afraid of death who braved its terrors daily, and in the end, accepted his own calm surrender to this heartless beast. To MacLeod's great surprise when the moment was upon him, the heartless beast carried the face of masculine beauty and agelessness, and he felt nothing like a cold nothingness. This was the start of an entirely new life for Darius, and one in which he shared with very few.

A
Astraycat
This book was better than I expected esp after I read some negative Goodreads reviews. I liked the simple story line and spark between H and h. Not to mention all those hot scenes. Very suitable to read in a raining night.
Lisa Kay
The secondary love story was more compelling than the primary and it was m/m (though not too explicit). Am I going to have to make a bookshelf entitled 'almost erotic'?
Katie(babs)
May 15, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
With so many paranormal romances being published, it's hard to find plots and characters that are original and fresh. Julia Templeton’s Return to Me is fresh, due mainly to the secondary romance of the hero’s homosexual brother. Templeton has taken a chance here - and it works.

Darius MacLeod, a 14th century Scot, would have died fighting in the Battle of Bannockburn if not for his vampire creator Remont. Remont changes him at the urging of his lover, Darius’s brother Demetri. Darius eventually
Natasja
Aug 16, 2011 Natasja rated it liked it
Gabrielle Fairmont has a miserable life since her uncle arranges an unwanted betrothal to a man with a violent past. She has to find a way to escape her betrothal and marriage in order to save her own life. Gabrielle knows she has to rely on her gifts of mind reading and her second sight, and what she sees in her betrothal’s mind isn’t something she wants to experience first handed. Then one night during a ball she meets gorgeous Darius MacLeod and feels the huge attraction between them.

Darius M
Honistie
May 19, 2010 Honistie rated it it was ok
I had high expectations for this book. Sadly I was let down. The writing style we good but the story was more of a romance than a vampire/witch story. That was disappointing because I expected more imagination in this book after reading the book description. I was under the impression that Gabrielle and Darius were the main characters but as I read the book it seemed to me that Remont took the spot light from them. Witchery was used very little, there was no real vampire attacks, All the love sc ...more
La La
Dec 21, 2010 La La rated it did not like it
Shelves: on-hold
I got to page 55 and just started to feel annoyed by the story. A vampire whose pregnant wife dies tragically and he feels he will never meet anyone like her again. Great premise, right? No. The wife died because she was running from him with fear and loathing after he confessed that he was turned into a vampire when he was mortally wounded at war. Why would I love someone like that. Then 5 centuries later he meets his dead wife's doppelganger who is marrying a terrible man and it's like love at ...more
Caitie
Jul 18, 2010 Caitie rated it did not like it
First off, I would simply like to say that "Possessioness" is not a word and has no business in a published book.
Having said that, this book has a good story line but terrible writing. This book had so much potential, I thought. I feel like sometimes the author goes out of her way to be raunchy. And would someone, please, get her a thesaurus. There are more than 3 words for the male genitalia.
Have to finish reading it for my own satisfaction of knowing the end, but will never read it again.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Not bad for me, was not expecting certain things in this book (sexually) but i did enjoy the read....getting into the vampire books so this is getting my feet wet. But i still found it an interesting read. Both characters were interesting to read and i thought it was good story telling. Love Julia Templeton story telling of Historical romance.
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
This book had lots of potential but the storyline was overshadowed by all of the sexual encounters between the two main characters. I feel the author could have given the reader more of a back-story on the characters. I love a good paranormal romance with steamy scenes but this one didn't make it to my favorites list.
Kristen
Sep 04, 2007 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-y
Read this one in two days. It's very... erotic. It's written really well and has a decent story line, involving vampires. I liked that there were two "bi/gay" vampire men who were in love with each other. I enjoyed it thoroughly and it was a fast read.
Oriana
Sep 29, 2008 Oriana rated it did not like it
This is one of my worst reads this year. Cardbord characters, weak(and silly!) plot and frankly, the huge among of sex scenes don't help to give any deep to both portrayed relationships. To think I was convinced to read this because of the cover... I learned my lesson.
Amber
Apr 20, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
I did like this book. So, not what I was expecting when I got the book. :) If you like murder and some sexy action, this is a good book. The ending was pretty much my only let down. But still enjoyed it.
Kayla
Jul 29, 2013 Kayla rated it really liked it
Read this books a few year ago. It was an entertaining read. I started it on the plane flying back to Florida and was 90% done with it when my plane landed. I was so into the story I had to finish it that day.
Tasula
Jun 02, 2012 Tasula rated it liked it
Typical historical romance with vampires and quite a bit of sex. Not my usual preferences, but still a pleasant read.
Sara
May 19, 2010 Sara rated it did not like it
Even the hot sex scenes and my unreasonable obsession with bad vampire books couldn't' save this one.
Big fat waste of my time.
Erin
Dec 03, 2007 Erin rated it it was ok
This was more erotic than most books I've read but I did enjoy the setting and find vampire tales exciting.
Djenii
Sep 16, 2011 Djenii rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I lots all sense of time and space reading this one.

Nstob
May 01, 2009 Nstob rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Hot, hot, hot! Vampires and everything.
Sherry
Apr 21, 2010 Sherry rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sappy!Couldn't finish this book.
Robin
Apr 27, 2012 Robin rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
Cheesy, steamy and predicable. The story of Remont was much more interesting - at least it had depth. I'm going to go back reading Outlander now as I regret having put it down to read this.
Hilda
Sep 25, 2008 Hilda rated it it was amazing
I read this book in two days. It was a bit racy in parts but had a good storyline and was a quick and easy read :)
Ashley
Jul 12, 2014 Ashley rated it did not like it
I just could not get into this. I gave it 120 pages. Not enough depth to the characters.
Serafina
Mar 24, 2016 Serafina rated it it was ok
The plot is just not that interesting! the story is too simple but it's well written
Pamela(AllHoney)
Not sure why I keep reading this author. She seems to have a decent fan base and the synopsizes always sound really interesting but the books lack the plot I desire when I read.
Diana's (Books And Coffee Cups)
I hate when I go in with such high expectations. Note to self: Stop doing that Diana!....

Full Review: http://booksandcoffeecups77.blogspot....
Jackie
Jun 02, 2010 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Darius and Demitri (twin vampires), Remont (maker), Gabrielle
  • Warrior
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Knight Stalker
  • Immortal Outlaw (Immortal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • Blood Deep (Blood, #3)
  • Secret Thirst
  • Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1)
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Crave: The Seduction of Snow White (Avon Red)
  • Secrets (Volume, #15) (Satisfy Your Desire for More)
  • Kiss of the Rose (Tudor Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Seductress of Caralon (Brides of Caralon, prequel)
  • Demon Seed
  • Pleasure Exchange (Pleasure Games, #3)
  • Parlor Games
I was born in Crescent City , California , a small logging town on the Pacific coast, home of enormous redwood trees and clear rivers. I have great memories of playing on stumps the size of small houses on my grandmother's acreage in a little town just north of Crescent City called Fort Dick . My sister and I would take daily walks to the main street store—an old, tiny white building that included ...more
More about Julia Templeton...