Start by marking “The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)” as Want to Read:
The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)

The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)

When half-American Princess Sabra (aka Sabrina Johnson) is kidnapped by Prince Kardal Khan while searching for the legendary City of Thieves, she soon realizes that his heated touch makes her body betray her recklessly.

Mass Market Paperback
Published November 2001 by Silhouette Special Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Sheik and the Runaway Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik and the Runaway Princess

Dina
May 12, 2010 Dina rated it really liked it
I really loved Kardal, Sabrina and their romance, but the nonsense regarding his parents bugged me big time and prevented me from giving this book a higher rating.
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 26, 2016 Chitra *CJ* rated it liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
Mostly an average book.
Sabrina the princess is brought up in the west. She studies and alternates her life between divorced parents in two parts of world.
When her father, the king decides for an arranged marriage, she gets angry and leaves the palace in a huff, alone to find the City of thieves. Then gets trapped in the storm and meets Kardal, the prince of the city. Sparks fly..and mysteries are solved.
I was mostly bored with this one. Though I enjoyed the other books of the series, these two s
Jenny
Mar 22, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it
Princess Sabra is kidnapped by Prince Kardal Khan while searching for the legendary City of Thieves, but she doesn't know that the man who kidnapped her is her fiance. Romantic emotional love story with two loving characters! I love this author!

Riverina Romantics
Aug 07, 2011 Riverina Romantics rated it really liked it
Shelves: sheikh
Ok, I will say it again. I LOVE SHEIK’S.

God damn I wish I knew why they appeal to me so much, but they just do. The desert locations, dominant, passionate and aggressive men are all so completely different from my sad little life in Wagga Wagga.

I think there must be some romantic, time warp thingy that I fall into whenever I start a Sheik book – because realistically most of the stories are about arrogant, head strong men that think love is something a woman feels to pass the time and all they
Barb
Dec 18, 2012 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
She doesn't want to feel cared for in her captor's tender embrace. After living a lonely life, rejected by her father--King Hassan--and treated dismissively by her mother, all she's ever wanted was someone to love her. But falling for the sexy Sheik, otherwise known as the Prince
Rene
Jul 15, 2011 Rene rated it it was amazing
This was my second book that I have read by Susan Mallery. I would have to say that she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I couldn't put this book down.

Princess Sabra aka Sabrina has four brothers and divorced parents. One parent being the King of a country in the middle east and her mother who lives a lively lifestyle in California. Sabrina is ignored by both of her parents and is sent to private schools and then is pushed from one parent to another as they both believe she is a problem.
Virginia
Jun 25, 2012 Virginia rated it it was amazing
Mariana Bezerra
Dec 31, 2012 Mariana Bezerra rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I had a few problems with this book and was a little lost at first. It’s strange that Kardal has the same last name as the other sheikh’s mentioned on the previous books, but his ife is completely different and his also a prince of the desert. It took me some time to actually understand the reasons, but I don’t believe it was necessary for him to use his father name.

Other point I did not like was the way Kardal treated Sabrina. Yes, she was raised on the States but that does not mean she’s a bad
Skeleton Writer
Feb 11, 2017 Skeleton Writer rated it it was amazing
Fun!
Cs
Aug 13, 2016 Cs rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I'll start with the good: the ending of this novel is very strong, and I appreciated the efforts to introduce a side love story as well as a side plot re historical artifacts.

Now for the bad:
- Kardal is rather horrible to Sabrina in the beginning. Why is he stripping in front of her if the culture they come from is so conservative?
- Kardal ends up liking Sabrina more after it turns out she's a virgin, but he himself is not. Hypocritical much?
- Givan, a character from previous books in the seri
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Princess "Sabra" Sabrina of Bahania never thought that she would die because of her impulsive desisions. But then, why was she alone in middle of the dessert, during a sandstorm, having lost her horse and food? The fact that her father decided to arrane her marriage.
In her way to discover the City of Thieves, she is facing death but Kardal saves her but now she has to become his slave.
Princesses and Princes have to face love and restore the relationships with their families
Mary Dulaney
It was OK, but not anything special.

Princess Sabrina has run away to find the fabled City of Thieves, but instead finds herself taken captive by a desert sheik. Kardal recognizes her and, believing the tabloid articles about her, forces her to become his slave.

I really didn't like Kardal at all- any time! There were twists & turns that added to the story, but there really was no redemption in my mind.
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Mar 03, 2016 Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Sabrina and Kardal were amazing characters. Susan Mallery has obviously been writing wonderful books long before I knew of her. So happy that I found her books. I'm even happier that I have the pleasure of owning this book instead of borrowing it from the library. Now I can read when ever I want.
Teresa
Sep 04, 2012 Teresa rated it liked it
One of the better books in this series. Nothing fantastic, but entertaining enough. It kind of bugs me just how similarly arrogant and sexist all the princes are at the beginning of these novels. Of course, they turn round by the end, but they certainly aren't my idea of an ideal hero.
Miss Echa
Nov 16, 2012 Miss Echa rated it really liked it
Diantara semua buku di seri ini... Aq suka yg ini... Aku suka cerita awalnya... cerita perjodohan yg sangat menarik... rekomend banget utk dibaca
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
Only okay for me. I have to wonder why some of these are rated so high. Susan Mallery is a decent writer but not all her novels are equal. Just sayin'.
Erin
Jun 03, 2011 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This was my favorite so far! Not sure why. I just really enjoyed the story, and I liked the prince a lot. Ok, I may not have liked him in real life, but on paper he sizzled!
Francis
Jan 21, 2016 Debbie Dodd rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading.
Elizabet Luna
Jan 01, 2017 Elizabet Luna rated it it was amazing
Awesome ending. Can't wait to read the next story.
Tanya
Apr 30, 2010 Tanya rated it it was amazing

want more!!!!!!
Celestial
Celestial rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2010
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Di
Di rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2017
Barbara J. Shade
Barbara J. Shade rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
L. JoAndrea
L. JoAndrea rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #1)
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Duty, Desire and the Desert King (Desert Kings, #3)
  • Cinderella and the Sheikh
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Mirage
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)
  • The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1453)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1473)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)