Start by marking “Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice” as Want to Read:
Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice

Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice

"An inspiring an powerful success guide."
ESSENCE
Author and entrepreneur Dennis Kimbro combines bestseeling author Napolean Hilll's law of success with his own vast knowledge of business, contemporary affairs, and the vibrant culture of Black America to teach you the secrets to success used by scores of black Americans, including: Spike Lee, Jesse Jackson, Dr. Selma Burke,
Published June 29th 2011 by Fawcett (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Think and Grow Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think and Grow Rich

Brandon Clay
Jan 30, 2014 Brandon Clay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
I will start this review by stating that I am a 49-year-old African-American male. I will also preface this review by outlining that I am highly successful and believe that excellence will always transcend. At the same time, I will acknowledge that my path has been filled with trials that are unique to African-Americans.

I was raised by a mother and father that told me never to view my race as a disadvantage, but that it would make me unique…A trailblazer. I was fortunate that my college-educate
Deborah Parker
Feb 15, 2012 Deborah Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book propelled me on the path of entrepeneurship. After reading it years ago, I took a few bold steps to get my leadership and personal development training company started. It made me think! And grow! I'm still working on the rich part!
Wanda Mcdowell
Jan 09, 2011 Wanda Mcdowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...this book is a must read. I have grown spiritually and mentally after reading this book. I have changed my outlook on life and no longer have a victim mentality. I have come to realize that in order to achieve the success I desire, I must work hard. The only way I can achieve exponential growth is by having faith and being persistent.
Andrea
Jan 16, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life changing-a must read, follow your dreams and believe in yourself book. Your mind is the most powerful thing that you own.
Michael Moore
Nov 03, 2015 Michael Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always heard great things about the original Think and Grow Rich. But as a Black American, this version caught my eye. It was inspiring to hear about successful black business entrepreneurs. It was refreshing to see folks that look like me achieve so much success despite their obstacles.

Dennis Kimbro does an excellent job of keeping up with the spirit of the original Think and Grow Rich. All individuals will find this an excellent read. This is not just a "black readers only" book.
Shekeyse
Jul 26, 2012 Shekeyse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great guide to success, you will want to read it over and over again! Great African-American people that I didn't know about are in this book. Great Read!!! This comes recommended.
Owen Carver
Aug 27, 2007 Owen Carver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was an extremely formative book in my life. you need to ignore the cultural ignorances of the 1940's writing of it as your read it though.
Quannta
Mar 31, 2013 Quannta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Great, fast read and amazing advice! One to revisit from time to time.
Nakia Blake
Apr 24, 2013 Nakia Blake rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually read a book more than once, but this book is definitely worth reading again. This book changed my outlook on success. The stories were very inspiring.
Erika Mccall
Jul 09, 2013 Erika Mccall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing!! This is must read for anyone who is success driven.
Daryl Moore
Jun 14, 2012 Daryl Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a reread. More like a study guide for inspiration and motivation.
Lynecia
Jul 22, 2010 Lynecia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: empowerment
One of the best books on success and personal empowerment I have ever read.
MN Mohamed
Nov 23, 2016 MN Mohamed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I d think this would be interesting.
Adam Coelho
Aug 04, 2008 Adam Coelho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Recommended to Adam by: My father
This book has a lot of great wisdom. It makes you believe in yourself by proving that you truly can do anything you set your mind to. The only drawback I found was the sex part of the book. It talks about controlling your sexual urges and focusing that energy in a productive way. Not a bad idea but just seemed to go on for too long. Overall it is a great book and I recommend it highly.
Tet Roberts
Aug 19, 2012 Tet Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-guru-s
80 years after Napoleon Hill wrote this book, it is still relevant and applicable to your personal growth. Current business and happiness guru's still tap into his ideas. I already master the THINKING - though still behind in GROWING RICH. Should I think harder, or what?
Joan
Jun 05, 2008 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this quite some time ago, but I remember really agreeing with the author that living a "rich" life doesn't necessarily depend on how much you have in monetary assets so much as how much you have in kindness and generosity "assets." :)
Ray
Oct 23, 2015 Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very powerful. I would suggest that every African American read this book at least once. The author really brought to light how negative of a mindset that many of us have. Once again; very, very powerful.
Patricia
This book is awesome,very motivating. I've read it twice.
Motivates you to the highest level of success.
Roma
Oct 29, 2016 Roma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book - Napoleon Hill's eternal wisdom speaks with Dennis Kimbro!
Lashanda
Dennis Kimbro is a motivational speaker and I saw him speak at a conference. Very inspiring. Good food for thought..although I've always had problems with the title of the book.
Nigel Barker
Feb 02, 2016 Nigel Barker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great principles.
Bryan
Jan 27, 2008 Bryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly life changing words if you're ready for them.
Gregory
This book is a true classic.
I have read it several times and have always gotten something new from it with each read.
Jay Holls
A thought provoking self help book.Simple and basic!
Ariel Adams
Dec 17, 2016 Ariel Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book with numerous examples of what can and will be done by the powers of the mind.
Quinn Curtis
Sep 02, 2007 Quinn Curtis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
this book is a great read. I highly recommend it.
Abdul J.
Jan 22, 2013 Abdul J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to read and capture the power of healthy thinking.
Stacey
Jul 25, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Great inspiration for success!
Nisha
awesome, awesome read! Can become your life's mantra.
  • How to Hustle and Win
  • Do You!: 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success
  • Cut to the Chase: and 99 Other Rules to Liberate Yourself and Gain Back the Gift of Time
  • 50 Prosperity Classics: Attract It, Create It, Manage It, Share It
  • The Value in the Valley: A Black Woman's Guide Through Life's Dilemmas
  • From Poverty to Power
  • The Science of Being Great: The Practical Guide to a Life of Power
  • Message to the Blackman in America
  • Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun?: How Reginald Lewis Created a Billion-Dollar Business Empire
  • Melanin: What Makes Black People Black
  • Girl, Make Your Money Grow!: A Sister's Guide to Protecting Your Future and Enriching Your Life
  • Nasty People
  • 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education
  • Anyone Can Do It: Building Coffee Republic From Our Kitchen Table: 57 Real-life laws on entrepreneurship
  • The Word: Black Writers Talk About the Transformative Power of Reading and Writing
  • Can You Stand to Be Blessed?
  • The Debt: What America Owes to Blacks

“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” 1006 likes
“Tidak ada seorang pun yang bisa dikalahkan, sampai dia menyerah--DI DALAM PIKIRANNYA SENDIRI!” 5 likes