Start by marking “Virtual Virgin: Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator” as Want to Read:
Virtual Virgin: Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator

Virtual Virgin: Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator #5)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  29 reviews
She’s Like a Virgin . . . Simulated for the Very First Time

For a red-blooded male, Las Vegas offers a virtual smorgasbord of temptation: sexy showgirls, vampy vampires, zombie starlets, you name it. But paranormal investigator Delilah Street isn’t worried about losing her man to these vixens. Especially when the one woman with a soft spot for the guy a
Published November 29th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Virtual Virgin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virtual Virgin

3.5 stars . Well, it was a lot better than the last book, that's for sure. But it was totally schizophrenic. I was happy that Delilah was back in Vegas, at least at the beginning of the story, I didn't really enjoy the road trip during the last book. But the author seemed to try to cram a mention of every character that Delilah ever met into this book and to continue every plot line. She had so many adventures and encounters that it got really frantic and just wild. Delilah got trapped in the mi ...more
William Bentrim
Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas

Paranormal investigator Delilah Street deals with a variety of paranormal critters such as demons, doppelgangers, vampires and zombies in a Las Vegas liberated by a paranormal revolution.

A wealth of paranormal or urban fantasy books has inundated the book market. I suppose the whole vampire craze may have triggered it but regardless of the trigger, the books are popping up everywhere.

This book suffers somewhat as Delilah has a back story that never gets a
This is the book that the I have been waiting for from this series!

Unfortunately it is too little too late as it seems like there will not be a book 6:(

This series is about Delilah Street and how she comes to terms with powers she has in Las Vegas. In her world there are vampires and werewolves and other as yet unknown supernaturals. There are also silver screen legends walking around Vegas venues; the personalities transferred to zombie bodies.

In this book Delilah finally tries to figure out w
Virtual Virgin is the fifth book in the Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator series by Carole Nelson Douglas and an Urban Fantasy from Pocket Books.

Book Blurb:

She's Like a Virgin . . . Simulated for the Very First Time

For a red-blooded male, Las Vegas offers a virtual smorgasbord of temptation: sexy showgirls, vampy vampires, zombie starlets, you name it. But paranormal investigator Delilah Street isn't worried about losing her man to these vixens. Especially when the one woman with a soft s

“Virtual Virgin” by Carole Nelson Douglas is the fifth in her popular ‘Delilah Street: Paranormal Investigator’ series. Ricardo (Ric) Montoya, aka The Cadaver Kid, and Delilah Street are trying to find a way to deal with the CinSim who was drawn from the movie ‘Metropolis’. Unfortunately the robot-like being is fixated on the man who resurrected her, Ric, a fact which is of concern to both Delilah and Ric himself. The murky world of Vegas makes it difficult to determine who are allies and who ha
Kathy Davie
Fifth in the Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator urban fantasy series set in Las Vegas and revolving around the excessively dramatic Delilah Street.

My Take
I had a hard time plowing through this. I think I even got up to do dishes… I really do like the premise of this story. If we could just get a different primary character. I really can't stand Delilah. She is such a major drama queen and a prick tease. Practically every sentence out of her mouth is melodramatic...I can almost see her raisi

Situated in Las Vegas, the reader can tell that this novel will have plenty of action and excitement. Delilah is the main character and a tough woman. Female readers will appreciate Delilah's strength and confidence throughout the book. She can be a little abrasive at times, but she can also be clever and brave.

The first words of this novel will have the reader hooked, " Everyone has family issues, but my issues are that I don't have any family." Delilah portrays herself as self-sufficient and
Rena McGee
I was not sure that I wanted to read Virtual Virgin. I had some fairly severe problems with the previous book, Silver Zombie related to questionable therapy practices, horrifically stupid racial stereotypes and fairly grotesque plot twists though I still managed to find the book entertaining. (Your mileage may vary as to how severe the problems are. I am fairly sensitive when it comes to racial stereotypes.) I think it would be safe to say that I probably should have listened to my misgivings b ...more
Um...not happy with all the innuendos in the ending. This makes cliffhangers gasp. I love Delilah and can see how she would grasp onto any help to discover WHO she is by tracking the identical girl featured in a live autopsy. She has the answer to that question, so now she seeks the mother that gave her and her sister/mirror self up at birth. And that leads to more questions...WHO'S "Daddy"? Now she finds that her love/boyfriend is no longer human because of a "kiss" she gave him that brought hi ...more
This series started out strong, but started flagging around the middle. I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either. I don't think I'd read any more though.
Darn. More mysteries - we learn who Delilah's mother is, but now who is her father? When will the next book come out? Will we ever learn what Snow is?
Yet again, another great read, gripping plot with ramped up sexual tension between the three main alphas.I'm desperately hoping Del will have to be involved with Snow , Sansouci and Ric to bind the sups together, so they can face down the evil ones.I feel this path should not be simple and be set with the unusual challenges as previous plots( keeping you on the edge of your seat).
Maybe Grizelle ( love the play on words with her being a tiger shifter and all )could do some moon lighting at Chez S
Being the 5th book in the Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator series, I had high hopes for the "Virtual Virgin."

I would love to be able to say that this was a 5 star book, but in all honesty, I can't.

Although it had some moments of brillance (snappy language, sexual angst, etc), it just wasn't spectacular.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fairly decent read, but I wanted just a little bit more that what was delivered.

For me, the one bright spot was learning the identity of Delilah and Lilith'
Scooper Speaks
Wish there was more Snow and Santoochi (yeah, I butchered his name). Like the many answers given to different issues too. She finds out who her mom is so if you've been reading you'll need this book. Lots remains unanswered and new problems arise. Didn't care for the way the problems listed on the back of the book were left unresolved. Made the book feel like filler (useful), but filler. I plan to continue the series.
Heather Henkel
I like the story and the characters, but I really get lost sometimes with all the mirror travel. And I am trying to figure out all the retro outfits.... LOL, I'm not a girly girl by any means so the clothing, shoes and accessories are kind of out there for me. I like the fact that we are still guessing with Snow and his motives. Overall a fun read!
Yet another good book in the Delilah Street series. More is being revealed about the characters, yet there are still plenty of areas to be explored, and many, many loose threads. I know it will all come together at some point, but sometimes the loose threads make me crazy!

And no, I haven't tried any of the drink recipes yet.
Delilah has no family, is self-reliant and happy, but when a robot tries to take away her boyfriend, things get serious. With plenty of action throughout the book, Delilah and Ric are on a mission to stop the immortal mob and drug lords before they take over Las Vegas. And keep the CinSim from getting her man...
Roxanne Rhoads
Finally I read this entire series in order- in less than a week. Talk about being completely immersed in this world. I hated it when this book ended because right now there's no more books in the series, this was the newest one.

Now I have to wait....and wait....and hope another book comes out.
I picked this up thinking I recognized the series, and after I read pages, I realized, "oh,'s a series I didn't like."

I really want to find more in this genre to like, but lately it seems like there's a glut on the market of so-so reads, and the gems are harder to find.
i loved the first 3 books in this series. book 4 was "eh"....

this book is annoying enough that i'm not going to force myself to finish reading it.
a bit on the rambling side, she had a lot of story lines going, still, I enjoyed it. Will definitely be waiting for the next book to come out. :-)
This series was interesting at first, but has quickly gotten very strange and hasn't advanced much in the last two titles.
I loved this series until this book. It went in so many weird directions that I couldn't finish it.
my question is this the end of this series.. needed to close some stories up if it is.

Robin Hall
This series keeps me on my toes. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for anymore.
Another fun romp with Quicksilver, Delilah, and Ric.
Found the end a bit confusing and unsatisfying.
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Under Attack (Underworld Detection Agency, #2)
  • The Golem Hunt (Jaz Parks, #3.5)
  • Bleeding Out (OSI, #5)
  • Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #3)
  • Christian (Vampires in America, #10)
  • In Blood We Trust (Bloodlands, #3)
  • Blonde & Blue (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #4)
  • Blood of Eden (Sloane Skye, #1)
  • Dying Echo (Grim Reaper Mystery, #4)
  • Devil's Punch (Corine Solomon, #4)
  • Bloodstone (Deadtown, #3)
  • Blood Bath & Beyond (Immortality Bites Mystery #1; Immortality Bites #6)
  • Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)
  • Devil's Business (Black London, #4)
  • Crossed (Void City, #3)
  • The Mortal Bone (Hunter Kiss, #4)
  • Undead to the World (The Bloodhound Files, #6)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 25-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole's noir ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator (6 books)
  • Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1)
  • Brimstone Kiss (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #2)
  • Bogieman
  • Vampire Sunrise (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Silver Zombie (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #4)
Good Night, Mr. Holmes (Irene Adler, #1) Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1) Dancing With Werewolves (Delilah Street, Paranormal Investigator, #1) Six of Swords Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)