Students Who Drive You Crazy: Succeeding with Resistant, Unmotivated, and Otherwise Difficult Young People

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Acomprehensive how-to survival guide thatoffers the tools necessary to identify, manage, avoid, and rise above conflicted relationships in and outside the classroom."
Published January 30th 2002 by Corwin Publishers (first published January 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Students Who Drive You Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Students Who Drive You Crazy

Jamie Forrest
I have done a lot of reading about working with students who are difficult. More and more in our business, our students are coming to us with challenges that we were just not trained to handle and our support systems within schools are becoming less and less available. Almost all of the reading I have done is about the strategies available to me to use with the students either in prevention or reaction to students' behaviour. They have been valuable reading and have added to my bag of tricks.

Thi...more
Katie
Most of the book covered theory I already knew about, and there reaches a point in time when being reminded you can only change yourself isn't helpful. But the last chapter has some practical applications and there is an extensive resource list. Maybe I will be able to get more good ideas from one of them.
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
William R. Laird, Jr.
William R. Laird, Jr. marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Jacquelyn Mccrary
Jacquelyn Mccrary marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Julie
Julie added it
Dec 26, 2010
Kasandra
Kasandra marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2010
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2010
Ebone
Ebone marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2008
Jeffrey A. Kottler is a professor, psychologist, author, consultant, workshop leader, keynote speaker, and social justice advocate who has spent the past 40 years working throughout the world to promote personal and professional development among professionals and marginalized groups. Jeffrey has worked as a teacher, counselor, therapist, and consultant in a variety of settings including a prescho...more
More about Jeffrey A. Kottler...
On Being a Therapist (Jossey Bass Social and Behavioral Science Series) The Mummy at the Dining Room Table: Eminent Therapists Reveal Their Most Unusual Cases and What They Teach Us about Human Behavior Bad Therapy: Master Therapists Share Their Worst Failures The Client Who Changed Me Divine Madness: Ten Stories of Creative Struggle