Start by marking “After Goya” as Want to Read:
Read eBook* *Different edition

After Goya

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Paperback, First Edition, 304 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by FeedARead.com (first published March 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about After Goya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Goya

Andrew Smith
I received this book as a freebie via Goodreads and was really looking forward to what looked like a different type of mystery novel. In many ways it didn't disappoint. The story evolves around a German girl who inherits two paintings from her grandfather with one catch – she has to travel to Spain to collect them; or as it turns out, to track them down. The trip turns out to be hugely more onerous than she could have possibly anticipated. All of the lead players are developed well (I particular ...more
I Read
I enjoyed this book. The plot is intricate so there are always new, unexpected surprises which keep you on the ball and reading on. The characters seemed well formed and distinct, although there was one which I felt seemed to have a rather Jekyll and Hyde personality...good guy...bad guy...good guy at heart?!

Something I did find a challenge was the amount of organisations. I'm sure if I was more up on my history I would have been able to cope with this with more ease, but I did at times get conf
Dave Baird
As a literary thriller, the plot doesn't disappoint. A simple tale of baddies trying to steal a couple of paintings adds layer upon layer of intrigue as Cotelo follows the trail of subtle clues and curious characters, while simultaneously negotiating the murky waters of Spanish back room politics. The literary and artistic pretensions of the novel are laid on with a light touch, adding depth and richness to a good old rip-roaring tale of detective work.

Cotelo himself is a thinking person's Colum
Patriciagoodwin
didn't mean to give it one star - got muddled with books. I'm really enjoying this book!
Very good up to about 3/4 of the way through I thought. Then so many different characters/organizations chasing Sabine difficult to keep up! I felt the end was clumsy & had lost its interest for me. A shame because a good start with informative facts abouts parts of Spain & absorbing plot but then all was lost!
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Tana
Tana marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Justin Pauls
Justin Pauls marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Paul Read
Paul Read marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Iroulito91
Iroulito91 marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Louise Staley
Louise Staley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Sharon Galleitch
Sharon Galleitch marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Sinead
Sinead marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Lucy McElroy
Lucy McElroy marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Telans
Telans marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2012
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2012
The Modelling Man The TV Dinner The Best of Barcelona INK The Best of Barcelona INK