Start by marking “Coming Home for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Coming Home for Christmas

Coming Home for Christmas

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Three Christmas stories of unlikely trips and unlikely loves when a Hollywood starlet, an Olympic skier, and ski shop manager decided to take chances that could lead to a lifetime of loving.
Published October 16th 2012 by Zebra (first published September 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home for Christmas

Mitch
Dang...a second Christmas book in a row that I consider a dud. First it was "Snowbound in the Earl's Castle" by Fiona Harper, and now this one, "Coming Home For Christmas" a collection of 3 Fern Michaels novellas. I had such high hopes for it. The cover is soooo cozy and Christmasy and the descriptions made me hope it would be like Hallmark holiday movies in book form. Alas, although these stories were corny, it wasn't in the good way.

The first story, "Silver Bells" started fine. Amy Lee is a mo
Ayami
Don't even know where to start. The writing was good and each of the three novellas was very promising in the beginning. But the characters' actions were completely unbelievable. There was just no logic in their behavior and the choices they've made. Not to mention that they all had a strange tendency to fall in love with each other within 12 h or so of the first meeting. It was just all very odd and difficult to believe in.
Wendy
Typical Christmas romance. Will never remember a thing about it, but it got me in the Christmas spirit!
Marran
eh..nah...didn't like the storys very much..got a bit bored to be honest...
Gabriela Milanes
Yeah, this was pretty awful. Filing this under Never Again.
Darlene
After reading some of the reviews below I had decided not to even read this book as I was very disappointed with Christmas At Timberwoods. At Christmas I like to read cheesey warmhearted stories of Christmas to put me in the spirit and keep me there with tales of snow, decorating, baking, shopping and of course loving, but all centered around the Christmas spirit like Debbie Macomber does. Late one night I couldn't sleep and I didn't have anything else downloaded to my reader except Coming Home ...more
Suas
I had to abandon this 18% of the way through. The storylines seemed quite promising but the style of writing was too rushed and didn't have sufficient character development to make it enjoyable.
Meredith
Three sweet, quick and endearing Christmas stories. The fiction equivalent of Hallmark movies.
Michelle
This is actually 3 novellas. I enjoyed the first one and on its own would have given it a 3.5 - 4 stars. However, the second one felt rushed and the denouement was completely unbelievable because of the rush. It seemed like 3/4 of the story was missing. The 3rd one I did not like at all. The male lead was a complete jerk and the entire time I wanted to get in the woman's face and say "Wake up! This guy is a jerk and you are way too good for him." The overall 2 stars is only because of the first ...more
Lauren
I've never been a great fan of Fern Michaels, and these three novellas didn't do anything to change that. While, yes, there were some parts that I enjoyed and kept me going for a few pages, it mostly seemed quite cheesy and unrealistic. I love a good romance as much as the next person - maybe more- but I just couldn't get into these.
Alison
I wasn't expecting three short stories- not after ready a half dozen of Fern Michael's other books, but enjoyed them. Love lost and found, confidence lost and found, new friendships formed, trust, loyalty and the holidays. A wonderful diversion from the mysteries I've been reading.
Lynne Droog
This book was good
BM
I enjoy reading Christmas stories. I have done it for years. I pretty much know what I am getting into while reading one. In this case, there are three stories in one book. They weren't bad stories. Sort of enjoyable. Tad too predictable.
Kristen
I really wanted to like the compilation of three Christmas stories, but just because stories are Christmas themed does not mean that they are allowed to get away with poor dialogue, unbelievable plot lines and one dimensional characters. Eek!
Dotsydoodle
cute short stories
Marie Godley
A set of 3 short stories - although the second and third ones are linked. The first one - Silver Bells was def my favourite.
Shelley Salter
This was my 1st Fern Michaels book and I loved it!
Donna
Three individual story lines...quick reads!
Kresti Lyddon
Cute - good seasonal romance!
Kathy Warren
Pretty good Xmas read.
Dee K.
Dee K. marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Dawn Peterson
Dawn Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Katie Davies-gregory
Katie Davies-gregory marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
  • A Proposal for Christmas: State Secrets / The Five Days of Christmas
  • The Gift of Christmas: In the Spirit of...Christmas
  • The Christmas Visitor: An Amish Romance
  • Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Once Upon a Holiday: Holiday Heat\Candy Christmas\Chocolate Truffles
  • A Lone Star Christmas (Christmas, #1)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • His First Noelle (Men Out of Uniform #13)
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • A Present for Christmas
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • The Christmas Light
  • Merry Christmas, Cowboy
  • Secret Santa Baby
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)