Start by marking “Coming Home for Christmas” as Want to Read:
Coming Home for Christmas

Coming Home for Christmas

No one captures the delights of the hoilday Season like #1 New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels. . .

Silver Bells

For years, movie star Amy Lee wondered what it would be like to leave her shallow Hollywood life and go back home to Apple Valley, Pennsylvania. This Christmas, she plans to find out. And Hank Anders, her high school boyfriend, is now ready to give he
Published October 16th 2012 by Zebra (first published September 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home for Christmas

Mitch
Nov 25, 2012 Mitch rated it did not like it
Dang...a second Christmas book in a row that I consider a dud. First it was "Snowbound in the Earl's Castle" by Fiona Harper, and now this one, "Coming Home For Christmas" a collection of 3 Fern Michaels novellas. I had such high hopes for it. The cover is soooo cozy and Christmasy and the descriptions made me hope it would be like Hallmark holiday movies in book form. Alas, although these stories were corny, it wasn't in the good way.

The first story, "Silver Bells" started fine. Amy Lee is a mo
Ayami
Dec 30, 2013 Ayami rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas-reads
Don't even know where to start. The writing was good and each of the three novellas was very promising in the beginning. But the characters' actions were completely unbelievable. There was just no logic in their behavior and the choices they've made. Not to mention that they all had a strange tendency to fall in love with each other within 12 h or so of the first meeting. It was just all very odd and difficult to believe in.
Desiree Watson
Jan 03, 2016 Desiree Watson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Silver Bells: Amy and Hank reunite after Amy is whisked away to California to live with her aunt when her parents die in a car accident. Amy is tired of the movie star life and comes back home for a while. She is reunited with Hank when he's left to care for his nephews when his sister in law decides she's had enough, needs a break and leaves. Will Amy and Hank find love at Christmas? Read: December 2015

Snow Angels: When Grace takes Amanda and Ashley out to see a Christmas play, they get stuck i
Wendy
Dec 03, 2012 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Typical Christmas romance. Will never remember a thing about it, but it got me in the Christmas spirit!
Marran
Nov 03, 2012 Marran rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
eh..nah...didn't like the storys very much..got a bit bored to be honest...
Gabriela Milanes
Yeah, this was pretty awful. Filing this under Never Again.
Darlene
After reading some of the reviews below I had decided not to even read this book as I was very disappointed with Christmas At Timberwoods. At Christmas I like to read cheesey warmhearted stories of Christmas to put me in the spirit and keep me there with tales of snow, decorating, baking, shopping and of course loving, but all centered around the Christmas spirit like Debbie Macomber does. Late one night I couldn't sleep and I didn't have anything else downloaded to my reader except Coming Home ...more
Michelle
Feb 12, 2013 Michelle rated it it was ok
This is actually 3 novellas. I enjoyed the first one and on its own would have given it a 3.5 - 4 stars. However, the second one felt rushed and the denouement was completely unbelievable because of the rush. It seemed like 3/4 of the story was missing. The 3rd one I did not like at all. The male lead was a complete jerk and the entire time I wanted to get in the woman's face and say "Wake up! This guy is a jerk and you are way too good for him." The overall 2 stars is only because of the first ...more
Lauren
Apr 30, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok
I've never been a great fan of Fern Michaels, and these three novellas didn't do anything to change that. While, yes, there were some parts that I enjoyed and kept me going for a few pages, it mostly seemed quite cheesy and unrealistic. I love a good romance as much as the next person - maybe more- but I just couldn't get into these.
Sue Lauzon
Jan 07, 2016 Sue Lauzon rated it liked it
I liked it. Three short stories in one book based on the theme of coming home for Christmas. Main character in third story was introduced in the second story. Very quick (although it took me awhile due to being busy with the holidays and fighting a cold) and light hearted read. Great for those that like romance and Christmas all rolled into one.
Alison
Jan 16, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
I wasn't expecting three short stories- not after ready a half dozen of Fern Michael's other books, but enjoyed them. Love lost and found, confidence lost and found, new friendships formed, trust, loyalty and the holidays. A wonderful diversion from the mysteries I've been reading.
Kristen
Dec 21, 2012 Kristen rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance
I really wanted to like the compilation of three Christmas stories, but just because stories are Christmas themed does not mean that they are allowed to get away with poor dialogue, unbelievable plot lines and one dimensional characters. Eek!
Barbara M.
Nov 20, 2012 Barbara M. rated it liked it
I enjoy reading Christmas stories. I have done it for years. I pretty much know what I am getting into while reading one. In this case, there are three stories in one book. They weren't bad stories. Sort of enjoyable. Tad too predictable.
Dotsydoodle
Jan 07, 2014 Dotsydoodle rated it really liked it
cute short stories
April
Aug 31, 2016 April rated it liked it
I enjoyed all the Christmas stories
Kathy Warren
Dec 09, 2012 Kathy Warren rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc-beaton
Pretty good Xmas read.
Donna
Jan 18, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Three individual story lines...quick reads!
Meredith
Dec 17, 2014 Meredith rated it liked it
Three sweet, quick and endearing Christmas stories. The fiction equivalent of Hallmark movies.
Ashley
Dec 28, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, holiday
A light, quick read with nice Christmas cheer. A good book if you don't want to think about anything but want something cheery and, yes, cheesy.
Kresti Lyddon
Dec 24, 2012 Kresti Lyddon rated it liked it
Cute - good seasonal romance!
Suas
Dec 22, 2014 Suas rated it it was ok
I had to abandon this 18% of the way through. The storylines seemed quite promising but the style of writing was too rushed and didn't have sufficient character development to make it enjoyable.
Lynne Droog
May 26, 2016 Gwynn rated it really liked it
Heartwarming Christmas stories.
Whittney
Nov 28, 2016 Whittney rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Plot for first story was too fast, so predictable. I didn't finish the book.
Lauren
Apr 20, 2015 Lauren rated it it was ok
Definitely not something I would want to read again. These are far from the greatest books I've read.
Vaishnavi Aravind
Jun 13, 2014 Vaishnavi Aravind rated it it was ok
boring!!!!
Lisa Carruthers maccallum
My first Fern Michaels book. Does not make me want to rush out and get another one. It's made up of three novellas. The first one wasn't bad. The other two were terrible.
Marie Godley
A set of 3 short stories - although the second and third ones are linked. The first one - Silver Bells was def my favourite.
DEBBIE
DEBBIE rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Coming Home for Christmas - 5th Feb Book 1 2 Feb 12, 2013 06:18AM
  • A Proposal for Christmas: State Secrets / The Five Days of Christmas
  • The Gift of Christmas: In the Spirit of...Christmas
  • Yule Be Mine (Harlequin Blaze, #436)
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • Don't Open Till Christmas (Santori Stories #3)
  • His First Noelle (Men Out of Uniform #13)
  • A Pioneer Christmas Collection
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • Naughty & Nice: Three Holiday Treats
  • A Present for Christmas
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • Once Upon a Holiday: Holiday Heat / Candy Christmas / Chocolate Truffles
  • Christmas Visitor: An Amish Romance
  • Kiss Me, Katie! / Hug Me, Holly! (Harlequin Duets, #42)
  • The Christmas Light (Christmas Hope #7)
  • Secret Santa Baby
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...