Start by marking “Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)

Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  3,072 ratings  ·  297 reviews
WANTED

Single human female to join charming, wealthy, single male were-cougar for a night of romantic fun—and maybe more.

Me: The tall, sensuous, open-minded leader of my clan.

You: A deliciously curvy virgin who’s intimately familiar with what goes bump in the night. Must not be afraid of a little tail. Prefer a woman who’s open to exploring her animal nature. Interest in

Published October 25th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Dates the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty Dates the Beast

Kat Kennedy
Author blurb for Jill Myles from the author profile for Jessica Clare:
After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a few books of her own - stories with a wild adventure, sharp banter, and lots of super-sexy situations. She prefers her heroes alpha and half-dressed, her heroines witty, and she loves nothing more than watching them overcome adversity to fall into bed together.

If you are wondering why I'm quoting Myles' author blur
Yelena
Allow me to start out by saying that I was prepared to like this book. I was looking forward to a fun, supernatural romance with a spunky heroine and a sexy hero. I was even prepared to overlook the fact that the heroine is named Bathsheba (although admittedly, I cringed with increasing intensity every time he calls her “Sweet Bathsheba” – actually, I might have thrown up in my mouth a little just then).

But I might have managed to enjoy the book, if the heroine was not so excruciatingly idiotic.
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Bathsheba and her sister, Sara, both work at a dating service for supernatural beings called Midnight Liaisons. Beau calls looking for another date since his canceled and decides he wants Bathsheba. Only problem is that humans can't date supes....or can they?

Being a fan of Jill Myles and her Succubus Diaries series along with having already read the first chapter or so, I had a pretty good feeling that I would like this book and I did.

I loved Bathsheba...she was just sooo funny. I loved how sh
MelissaB
Okay story but the heroine did some dumb stuff, like running straight into danger and not trusting the hero at all. She was frustrating. I wish we would have had the hero's point of view, I didn't get a good read of his feelings for her.
Jessie Mihalik
More like 3.5 stars. I rounded up, because I really did enjoy this book, even with the issues I discuss below.

This was a fun, light, fast read. The funny back cover copy and a recommendation from an author I trust were enough incentive for me to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did.

The story was interesting and fast-paced, and I have to admit that I stayed up well past my normal bedtime to finish the book in one sitting. It's been a while since a book captured me that well.

I did have a couple is
 ~V~
This was a really cute, funny and sexy paranormal romance! A very quick and light read. This was my first book by Jessica Sims aka Jill Myles and it won't be my last...the ending set things up for the next book which i'm definitely looking forward to!
Leigh
This was a great first book in a series, and I really look forward to continuing it!

Bathsheba and her sister work at a dating agency especially for paranormal creatures. Enter Beau...were-cougar, sexy as hell bachelor, and head of the Alliance, an organization created for shifters who don't belong in "packs" like the wolves. He will be headed into heat in a week's time, and he needs a date to help him get through it. Although he is looking for a shifter, after speaking with Bath, he becomes enam
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"I picked the laciest, sexiest bra and underwear and put them on under my jeans and sweater. Lingerie was ammunition in the war of the sexes, and I planned on loading my guns."

This was a quick, fun read. Sometimes silly, often sexy, it's just what you'd expect from Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles, author of the Succubus Diaries).

The synopsis (which is hilarious) shows that this book is on the lighter side and suggests that it will be filled with sexual situations. So as long as you keep your expect
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

BEAUTY DATES THE BEAST, the first book in the Midnight Liaisons series by Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles) is exactly what I hoped it would be based on the cover and description: super sexy, super fun, and full of super hot shifters.

Bathsheba is a human pencil pusher working at a paranormal dating service. She is fiercely protective of her younger sister Sara and has gladly sacrificed her own personal happiness in order to keep Sara safe from a werewolf p
Mandi Schreiner
Bathsheba and her sister, Sara, work for Midnight Liaisons, a high-class dating service for paranormals. Bathsheba is the office manager, while Sara follows up with clients and makes sure all dates go according to plan. While Bathsheba is a human, Sara was attacked six years ago by a werewolf, which infected her. After Bathsheba killed the man who changed her sister, Sara has no desire whatsoever to go live with the werewolf pack, which is violent. So, she has been hiding who she is for the past ...more
Ren
More like 2 and half star actually. Things get interesting nearing the end, that's why I added 1/2 stars rather than a weak 2 stars.

My first read by this author, and I'm not impressed!

My review might be bias, since I read this when I'm so tired. But I'm got more tired with a "familiar" paranormal trope and virginity things in this book. Add it with "hero-complex" and "TSTL moment" that the heroine has, make me irritated a lot. Even I know she got her name from Bible, "Bathsheba" is a kind of wei
Melanie
For some reason, the concept of this story reminded me of Gena Showalter's work, especially her earlier stuff. It was definitely lighthearted, and meant to be fun, with a curvy, virginal and supposedly quick-witted heroine - but the whole thing really came across as just plain cheesy IMO. I'm sorry to say it Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles), but Showalter could have done this a whole lot better (and by that I mean in a way that at least made sense).

Pretty much right from the get go, this book had m
Karen
I wasn't really expecting to like this one... werecats tend to be a little too precious and full of themselves for my taste in 'shifter romances (gee, sort of like cats), and the werewolves are kinda cast as the enemy in this book (not too surprising, but I LIKE werewolves, dammit... ah well, maybe they'll get a better rap in the next book). However, Beau is INCREDIBLY sexy and charming (although, yes, annoyingly high-handed), and both he and Bathsheba are fun and likeable characters. The book h ...more
Bry
Now when I finished this book I thought it was a 4 star book but in retrospect I am thinking 3 stars. But still I am going to give it 4 stars!

Confused?

Me too.

This book is what it is and I think in hindsight I am trying to turn it into something else. This book IS a PARANORMAL ROMANCE. Yes it is also a little bit urban fantasy but it is paranormal romance first and foremost. So as a PNR it is a 4 star book but as a UF book it is 3 stars.

The world the characters live in is your normal were, va
Emily
Human Bathsheba knows all about shifters, as the office manager to a shifter internet dating site, she is well aware of the habits and threats of shifters. Choosing this job was purposeful, Bathsheba is protecting her sister who was unwillingly changed and now a target for fellow wolf shifters because she is a rarity.

When another date is canceled, Bathsheba finds herself playing the role of date to Beau Russell, who is a clan leader. He does not seem phased that she is human, in fact shifters do
Mel
I love the Succubus Diaries series by Jill Myles so I had to pick up her first book written as Jessica Sims. Beauty Dates the Beast is the first in the Midnight Liasons series and cracked me up from page one. It was funny, sexy and though predictable at times, I really enjoyed the concept. A dating service for those of the supernatural persuasion? It's genius really and I'm surprised I haven't seen more books like this.

I liked the characters. Beau is a super hunky alpha werecougar who has a lit
Shannon
2.5 rating. Stupidest girl ever...takes pills without knowing what it does...goes running when she thinks her sister is taken when she could just ask the guy protecting her...idiot. The only interesting part happened at the very end. Luckily it was a fast read.
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
Cute easy read would recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a quick easy read. Love Beau and his possessive behavior with Bath!! Can't wait to read about Ramsey!!!
April
This is the first book in the Midnight Liaisons series. Shifter/supernatural dating agency, I am totally sold! It has a terrific concept and flows very well. This fits in very well with all my other lovely shifter crack!!

So, the book is all coming from Bathsheba's POV, she is mostly sassy and funny, with occasional TSTL moments. While I liked her, the story is very one sided, you never get to know what the smexy fella thinks until he says it aloud. I prefer books with a mixed narrative, but I ca
Roxanne
He brushed my hair off my shoulders, playing with it. For some reason, he loved my hair. I thought of Arabella’s short curls and felt rather smug—she might have had a kick-ass body but I had prettier hair. Stupid, I knew, but I’d take whatever victories I could get.

3.5 Stars

When I heard Jill Myles aka Jessica Sims was writing a new series I was beyond excited. I adore her Succubus Diaries series and knew any book written by her would be fantastic and Beauty Dates the Beast did not disappoint.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

If you are looking for a hot and funny paranormal to spark up your summer, then let me sell this book to you. In a nutshell, Bathsheba is a human female working for a paranormal dating agency. She takes the calls, meets with clients, sets up dating profiles and tries to arrange dates. Her job description might have to extend to dating them when Beau calls in and his arranged date fell through and he needs someone stat. After a few minutes on the phone wi
MB
Nov 04, 2011 MB rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken fans
A nice shifter romance debut with great interactions between the main characters. The hero is caring, and protective, fairly normal in spite of being a were-cougar, and I like the way he interacted with the heroine. He was alpha--but a gentleman--if that makes any sense. (It wasn't rapey. A big plus to me. Nor were they fated together. Another overused trope.) I'm getting pretty burned out w/Urban Fantasy, so went into this doubting if I'd like/finish this. I did, with qualifications...see below ...more
Jen
Beau and Bathsheba

Still on my Sims/Myles/Clare kick. This was going to be 4 stars right up until the point Bathsheba pulled her TSTL moment at the end. Ugh.
Suz
Well, I was hoping for whimsical and light and it was certainly that.

It was a nice premise for a paranormal romance, but it suffered from several irritating tropes. The heroine is too stupid to live, the primary protagonists fell in love virtually at first sight, the villain was easy to spot although it surprised everyone in the story, and predictably the heroine had to run away from safety to move the story toward the climax.

It ends on a really insulting cliff hanger. A HEINOUS, unnecessary, gr
harlequin {Stephanie}
If I had known Jill myles wrote this I would have burned it & run screaming the other way. Again, the story line was great! Unlike the succubus series this has no redeeming characters at all. Not one. They are all flatter that a discus. Book had very little character development and no relationship development. I refuse to believe that a woman would fall for a man five seconds after meeting him because he's beautiful and flirts with her. Give me a break!
Lorena
Oh Bathsheba, how I do so hate..hate..hate your name!

Beauty Dates The Beast was a fast reading and cute book. I liked the heroine for the most part. (I see a trend where I don't really like the females..beginning to think I just want to be her soo I hate her just cause. *cough) Beau was a sexy alpha! The entire story was pretty cookie cutter for a paranormal romance but at least it was well written!

Funny and Sexy are always a good combo!
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Very enjoyable paranormal romance story between a human (Bathsheba) and a were-cougar (Beauregard). The story has a lot to offer romance readers and there is some action thrown in to make the story even more intriguing, turning it into a story you can't put down. I am looking forward to reading the next book about Bathsheba's sister, Sara.
Bookie | The BookChick
It was an interesting story overall. I liked the plot and the characters. Something seemed to be a little off for me personally but I can't put my finger on what the "something." It just seemed if the story could have had more punch if the "something" was present. A fairly enjoyable read. Gotta love a purrfect man :).
Lizzielvr
3 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed the characters and story. I became a bit annoyed at some of the choices that Bathsheba makes towards the end of the story, it made her seem like a flighty heroine, but doesn’t take away from the overall entertainment of the story.
Blodeuedd Finland
I do like her Myles books, but why she did not keep that name who knows. it would have made it easier for me.

There was a softness and lightness to the book, it's how I like my PNR. We have Bathsheba who works for a dating agency, and Beau who is a shifter and wants to date her. The human! *gasps*

The drama is that her sister is a wolf shifter but is in hiding cos all wolves I saw her were asses. But they want her. Asses. Oh and something is after them, something else.

I understood Batsheeba and he
  • Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1)
  • Deuces Wild (Ridgeville, #5)
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Fire & Frost (Iron Seas, #3.4; Code of Shadows, #0.5; Midnight Liaisons #2.3)
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • Lion and the Falcon (Furry United Coalition, #4)
  • Omega Mine (Alpha and Omega, #1)
4720629
Jessica Sims lives in Texas. She hates writing a bio, so something cool will undoubtedly go here later when she actually thinks of something interesting to write. She has some cats, but what writer doesn’t? She plays video games and confesses to reading comic books. And she likes writing, but that one was pretty obvious.

More about Jessica Sims...

Midnight Liaisons (5 books)
  • Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)
  • Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3)
  • Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4)
  • Between a Vamp and a Hard Place (Midnight Liaisons, #5)
Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2) Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3) Single Wolf Female (Midnight Liaisons, #2.6) Bear Naked (Midnight Liaisons, #3.5) Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4)