Start by marking “Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)” as Want to Read:
Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)

Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado #6)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  673 ratings  ·  16 reviews
She's a hard-boiled Sacramento P.I. with a soft spot for the unlucky, the unloved, and one special cop named Hank.Her name is Kat Colorado, and in her business curiosity can be more than an occupational hazard--it can be murder.

Kat Colorado knows the dangers of letting a case get too big a piece of your soul.But some cases don't give you a choice, like the death of twenty-
Published April 1st 1996 by Crimeline (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Alley Kat Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alley Kat Blues

aPriL eVoLvEs (ex-Groot)
There are criminal cases which don't let private investigators or police detectives sleep in peace at night.

Hank Parker, Las Vegas detective and Kat Colorado's boyfriend, is tracking a serial killer of young women who look similar to his murdered wife. He cannot sleep, he cannot eat, he cannot go home after his shift. Worst of all, he doesn't seem to care about Kat anymore.

Kat has a nightmare of her own in Sacramento. A real one she can't stop dreaming about. She and Lindy were driving on I-80
Eliana
Apr 06, 2014 Eliana added it
The principle character in this series is Kat Colorado, a private detective in Sacramento, California.
Kat Colorado is a wise-cracking, thirty-something California bartender-turned-P.I., a curious cat with nine lives.
Melva
It was a good read, not a great read. I liked the characters for the most part, but I felt the writer didn't know which story to focus on, the love life of the main character or the death she was investigating. And the way she tied them all together in the end I found far-fetched. Would try another in the series but am glad I can find them free at the library.
LJ
ALLEY KAT BLUES - VG
Kijewski, Karen - 6th in series

A hard-boiled Sacramento P.I. with a soft spot for the unlucky, the unloved and one special cop named Hank, Kat Colorado finds herself a little too involved in the suspicious hit-and-run death of Courtney Dillard. Digging into the investigation, Kat discovers that Courtney had no shortage of enemies--and they make no secret of their belief in blood vengeance.

Mormans - very good read.
Donna
This PI series, set in northern California, is a light read that will keep me happy on an evening when I don't have anything else to read. I don't place her in the ranks of Grafton, Paretsky, McBain, Jan Burke, Earl Emerson or GM Ford; she's on my second string.

The good news is that you will always get a happy ending, and go away feeling a little bit better. That's worth the price of a paperback, if this is a genre you enjoy.
Ann
A female PI that provides some easy and fun reading. This is one of a series of Kat Colorado, PI. I couldn't have found a better book to help relieve the heavy mind set that always accompanies the revelations of non-fiction; what I have been reading lately. It passed my two day reading time for success and has me now looking for the other books in the series. It's in my keepers.
A.
I tried to explain the plot of this one to keri, and it sounded so ridiculous I couldn't believe I'd read it, but the fact of the matter remains that I really, really love Kat Colorado -- of all the "female P.I./bounty hunter/detective/cop/etc" mysteries I've read, Kat Colorado remains my second favorite, behind only Sara Paretsky's V.I. Warshawski.
M
Sep 07, 2014 M added it
Angela
Feb 19, 2010 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fellow who-dun-it readers.
Recommended to Angela by: Nobody
A good read by Kijewski. Part of the Kat Colorado series. The main character Kat is a P.I. The books was entertaining & a fast read. Memorable characters with a good plot. I would recommend this book to fellow who-dun-it readers.
Ann
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and the story line equally and I will definitely look for the other books in the series. This was my first read of the author and I read it for an alphabet challenge.
Chris Leuchtenburg
I didn't get very far into this, my second Kijewski. The combination of yet another serial killer, romance subplot and slow development (despite the brief chapters) left me cold.
Joe O'c
Very Good; Continuing character: Kat Colorado; Kat tries to find out whether traffic accident was really murder, while her Vegas cop boyfriend struggles with a serial killer case.
Melody
Mar 26, 2010 Melody added it
Shelves: karen-kijewski
I loved all of the Kat Colorado books. I only wish that the author would start writting again. Wonderful stories and very easy to read. Would read more if there were more!!
Suzanne
Brilliant, but not because of the story line. The author's writing style is what makes this novel. Kat's inner commentary is refreshing and amusing and realistic.
Helen
a shade too violent
Brett
Apr 14, 2008 Brett added it
Mystery
Cws
M Kij
  • Leave a Message for Willie (Sharon McCone, #5)
  • The Big Dig (A Carlotta Carlyle Mystery #9)
  • Judging Time (April Woo, #4)
  • Jazz Funeral (Skip Langdon, #3)
Karen J. Kijewski was born in Berkeley, California. Her father taught at the University of California, and she later attended the school, earning a BA and a Masters degree. Karen is a past president of the northern California chapter of the Mystery Writers of America. She has two daughters, and is currently living in Sacramento, California with her husband.
More about Karen Kijewski...
Kat Scratch Fever (Kat Colorado, #8) Katwalk (Kat Colorado, #1) Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado, #3) Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2) Wild Kat (Kat Colorado, #5)