Start by marking “Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)” as Want to Read:
Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)

Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado #6)

She's a hard-boiled Sacramento P.I. with a soft spot for the unlucky, the unloved, and one special cop named Hank.Her name is Kat Colorado, and in her business curiosity can be more than an occupational hazard--it can be murder.

Kat Colorado knows the dangers of letting a case get too big a piece of your soul.But some cases don't give you a choice, like the death of twenty-
Published April 1st 1996 by Crimeline (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Alley Kat Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alley Kat Blues

aPriL does feral sometimes
There are criminal cases which don't let private investigators or police detectives sleep in peace at night.

Hank Parker, Las Vegas detective and Kat Colorado's boyfriend, is tracking a serial killer of young women who look similar to his murdered wife. He cannot sleep, he cannot eat, he cannot go home after his shift. Worst of all, he doesn't seem to care about Kat anymore.

Kat has a nightmare of her own in Sacramento. A real one she can't stop dreaming about. She and Lindy were driving on I-80
Ed
Aug 30, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it
#6 in the Kat Colorado series.

Kat Colorado series - Kat Colorado, no-nonsense Sacramento PI, is flatly unromantic about her profession even as she's tickled pink by it. She's often on the road between Sacramento, where she's investigating a suspicious hit-and-run, and Las Vegas, where she's investigating why Hank, her policeman beau, isn't returning her calls. Courtney Dillard, the young woman killed in the apparent hit-and-run, had left her Mormon family and her church because she felt stifled
Tobie
Apr 10, 2015 Tobie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was gritty and bloody. I love the treatment of the fundamentalist religion. This is my initial reading of this author and character, Cat Colorado. I enjoyed it very much. The supporting characters were engaging.
Eliana
Apr 06, 2014 Eliana added it
The principle character in this series is Kat Colorado, a private detective in Sacramento, California.
Kat Colorado is a wise-cracking, thirty-something California bartender-turned-P.I., a curious cat with nine lives.
Pat
Apr 09, 2015 Pat rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good. Sacramento case involving ex-Mormon in car accident.
Las Vegas case involving serial killer.
Interesting between she and her boyfriend.
Melva
Jul 14, 2014 Melva rated it liked it
It was a good read, not a great read. I liked the characters for the most part, but I felt the writer didn't know which story to focus on, the love life of the main character or the death she was investigating. And the way she tied them all together in the end I found far-fetched. Would try another in the series but am glad I can find them free at the library.
Marcia Bergeron
Sep 23, 2016 Marcia Bergeron rated it liked it
This one's plot wasn't very believable. I didn't enjoy it as much as some of her others.
Lkowalczyk
May 27, 2015 Lkowalczyk rated it liked it
I loved this series and then she spoiled it. I won't say how. But i really liked Kat.
LJ
ALLEY KAT BLUES - VG
Kijewski, Karen - 6th in series

A hard-boiled Sacramento P.I. with a soft spot for the unlucky, the unloved and one special cop named Hank, Kat Colorado finds herself a little too involved in the suspicious hit-and-run death of Courtney Dillard. Digging into the investigation, Kat discovers that Courtney had no shortage of enemies--and they make no secret of their belief in blood vengeance.

Mormans - very good read.
Donna Davis
Sep 24, 2012 Donna Davis rated it really liked it
This PI series, set in northern California, is a light read that will keep me happy on an evening when I don't have anything else to read. I don't place her in the ranks of Grafton, Paretsky, McBain, Jan Burke, Earl Emerson or GM Ford; she's on my second string.

The good news is that you will always get a happy ending, and go away feeling a little bit better. That's worth the price of a paperback, if this is a genre you enjoy.
A.
Aug 10, 2007 A. rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery, 2007
I tried to explain the plot of this one to keri, and it sounded so ridiculous I couldn't believe I'd read it, but the fact of the matter remains that I really, really love Kat Colorado -- of all the "female P.I./bounty hunter/detective/cop/etc" mysteries I've read, Kat Colorado remains my second favorite, behind only Sara Paretsky's V.I. Warshawski.
Royce Ratterman
Aug 26, 2016 Royce Ratterman rated it really liked it
A nice read and easy to follow story line.
Overall, a good book for the researcher and enthusiast.
Read for personal research
- found this book's contents helpful and inspiring - number rating relates to the book's contribution to my needs.
Angela
Feb 19, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow who-dun-it readers.
Recommended to Angela by: Nobody
A good read by Kijewski. Part of the Kat Colorado series. The main character Kat is a P.I. The books was entertaining & a fast read. Memorable characters with a good plot. I would recommend this book to fellow who-dun-it readers.
Ann
Jun 16, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and the story line equally and I will definitely look for the other books in the series. This was my first read of the author and I read it for an alphabet challenge.
Meia
Jun 14, 2015 Meia added it
Chris Leuchtenburg
Oct 14, 2014 Chris Leuchtenburg rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
I didn't get very far into this, my second Kijewski. The combination of yet another serial killer, romance subplot and slow development (despite the brief chapters) left me cold.
Joe O'c
Aug 24, 2009 Joe O'c rated it liked it
Very Good; Continuing character: Kat Colorado; Kat tries to find out whether traffic accident was really murder, while her Vegas cop boyfriend struggles with a serial killer case.
Melody
Mar 26, 2010 Melody added it
Shelves: karen-kijewski
I loved all of the Kat Colorado books. I only wish that the author would start writting again. Wonderful stories and very easy to read. Would read more if there were more!!
Suzanne
Jul 13, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, but not because of the story line. The author's writing style is what makes this novel. Kat's inner commentary is refreshing and amusing and realistic.
Helen
Mystery
Cws
M Kij
Michele Melton
Michele Melton rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Kc Conti
Kc Conti marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Catharine White
Catharine White rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
  • Judging Time (April Woo, #4)
  • Snapshot (A Carlotta Carlyle Mystery #5)
  • Both Ends of the Night
  • Bloody Waters (Lupe Solano, #1)
  • Paying the Piper (Elizabeth MacPherson, #4)
Karen J. Kijewski was born in Berkeley, California. Her father taught at the University of California, and she later attended the school, earning a BA and a Masters degree. Karen is a past president of the northern California chapter of the Mystery Writers of America. She has two daughters, and is currently living in Sacramento, California with her husband.
More about Karen Kijewski...

Kat Colorado (9 books)
  • Katwalk (Kat Colorado, #1)
  • Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)
  • Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado, #3)
  • Copy Kat (Kat Colorado, #4)
  • Wild Kat (Kat Colorado, #5)
  • Honky Tonk Kat (Kat Colorado, #7)
  • Kat Scratch Fever (Kat Colorado, #8)
  • Stray Kat Waltz (Kat Colorado, #9)