Start by marking “Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)” as Want to Read:
Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)

Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  940 ratings  ·  35 reviews

His last eight seconds could lead to the longest, most satisfying ride of his life.

Studs in Spurs, Book 4

Annie Grant is at the top of her game as an on-air interviewer for the pro bull-riders tour. In all those years standing within microphone range of thousands of sexy cowboys, she’s never been tempted…until now. Now that respected veteran Luke Carpenter is no longer w

Published (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hooked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
60th out of 585 books — 639 voters
Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellTexas Destiny by Lorraine HeathSomewhere, TX, Vol 2 by Jodi VaughnThe Texan's Wager by Jodi ThomasDancing on Coals by Ellen O'Connell
Favorite Western/Cowboy Romance Novels
203rd out of 535 books — 577 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn Scranton
I had a really hard time connecting to this one. Particularly because Annie was a PSYCHO-CRAZY-INSANE-NUT JOB!

I lo0o0o0o0o0oved Luke but her insecurities and such were just a bit too much for me...

Read at Http://

Annie has reported on the pro-rider tours for years. Her familiarity with the riders has directly led to her lofty status as one of the best tour reporters around. She prides herself on her professionalism with the riders, vowing never to get involved with them on a personal level. No one has tempted her to break those Golden Rules like Luke Carpenter. Luke is a rider in the Twilight years of his career. His easy smile and tight butt have tempted h
Heather in FL
Awww... I think I love Luke. I liked that he was a little bit older and that the maturity gave him some perspective on his life and what he wanted. I was so sad for him when his father died. And while I understood on the one hand why he didn't call Annie, I wanted to smack him for it. Lilly should have ended up in muck somewhere, and maybe Chelsea, too. Then again, maybe Joe (the network guy who hired Chelsea) should have gotten some kind of karmic payback. I loved how the other guys were playin ...more
This book really does have the most adorable hero. He has to be one of my favourites.

The storyline could have been better. We don't see a lot of the couple together, or even in the same region. The romance still works based on the feelings the hero and heroine have for each other when they're dating, but it would have been nice to see more of the two of them.

I also found the heroine's lack of self confidence a but clumsy. Usually I love the idea of anyone without complete confidence, because who
Ok, this is gonna sound super, duper shallow, so take this review at face value. I liked the story but only gave it 2 stars because it didn't have enough sex in it. I don't normally read hetero, so when I do I tend to prefer the sex to be mind melting and insanely good.
Sue Parker
Holy Hot Cowboy! Excellent read and very steamy.
Jenn Shanks Pray
You've heard it all week - we've got cowboys - young ones, old ones, all of them make a gal weak in the knees! As much as readers will come to love Slade, Mustang, and Chase but I have to tell you, you're gonna fall for Luke. Excluding myself, the only girl who is perfect for him is Annie.

Annie embodies all that you want in a heroine: she's strong, she professional and sassy. I love that she is surrounded by all that fine manflesh and just feels like one of the boys - until she wants to be Luke'
Guilty Pleasures
3.75 is what I actually give Hooked. This book has so much potential to be a 5 star..but idk if I'm getting to critical or losing it, because, I LOVE Luke and Annie, but I felt like I didn't get to see them together enough or enough how they actually fall in love.

Luke has to be one of the cutest, "awww shucks ma'am" blushing, type cowboys I've read. I didn't feel I got to see an alpha side to him, just a sexy as hell know how to please his woman cowboy. TBH I felt like the first 25% was great, I
Haley Whitehall
This is a more somber cowboy romance. Luke, a professional bull rider, is nearing the end of his career, but has a few good years left. After breaking up with his high school sweet heart he is free to pursue Annie the sports announcer who has been covering the tour for years. Their romance just starts to heat up when everything changes... Luke's father dies and Luke returns to the family ranch.

Again, Cat Johnson did a good job of bringing the pro rodeo circuit to life, and every aspect of the co
Gina Gingrich
Great writing

It was another great storyline for bull riders. It deals with an older bull rider and 30 something reporter. Both not young in there careers with not much time. When there relationship begins the next day his father dies. After a few month away with no words to each other, can he come back and win the girl? Yep
Other books in the series are better. Annie let him off the hook way too easily.
Wicked Nyx
Another great entry into the Studs in Spurs series. Luke is older than the previous group of Heroes by a few years and bring a welcome maturity to the story. Annie is great, both in fighting for her job and her man. I probably would have taken the cast-iron-therapy approach to some of the issues she had with Luke. -note-Cast-Iron-Therapy is the liberal application of a cast iron skillet to the man's head until he see's things from your point of view.
Kellie Maddox-Ward

Hot little steamy number.... Well there's actually only 2 sex scenes but they are enough. A bit if an emotional journey in it. But I really like Luke and Annie and their story.
I accidentally read this book first (then found it was number 4 in the series).

The thing I found weird is that Luke or Annie aren't mentioned in the other books. Everyone else is, Mustang, Jenna, Slade, Chase etc.
Luke and Annie....after being with the wrong woman for years he's finally single and now that he is it's time to let a certain lady know it....she notices that his girlfriend hasn't been in the stands lately and she's just wondering if her time to be with this bull rider has come...wonderful read about making it work no matter what curveballs life throughs your way
3.75 stars . It started off great but for most of the book the two main characters are apart and I wanted to know more about how Annie felt during the 3 or 4 months Luke just ignored her.

It is still a good read and would buy from this series again, I just didn't like how rushed in spots it was and how Luke acted like a huge idiot about the whole thing.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
I really liked this story. Luke and Anne were so sweet together and I loved how nervous they were on their first date. I also liked how it was not so much about the sex but rather all the problems that real bull riders have to go through in life. The only thing I didn't care for was how insecure Anne was all the time. It kinda got on my nerves.
I think this might be one of my favourites of this series. Luke is a bit more mature than the other riders featured, and the plotline was a bit different. Not quite as much sex, but what there was was definitely hot! I was also really happy to see that the ending was much more developed than most of Cat Johnson's books.
4 stars for this one!
I love this series. This book was a lot less erotic but much more based on the uncertainty of what life can bring. PBR reporter and a pro bullriderr?erct combintation of a not allowed "office" romance and the one thing that brought them together. I really hope she keeps writing at least one more. I would love to hear Skeeters story!
I love this series and this last book did not disappoint. Annie & Luke were great together and I loved seeing each of them go through their own battles all while thinking of the other.

It was great to see Slade & Mustang from books 1 and 2 and even a little scene with Chase from book 3.

Overall a pretty good read.
4.0 This was one of my favorites in the series. Characters are fun and believable. Setting is interesting. Easy to relax, read and enjoy. I wanted the resolution of the plot to be more complicated. All these books flow well in the beginning and middle, but then they resolve too quickly.
T.J. Michaels
I'm just getting into cowboy books. I've read some awesome one and some that were just 'bleh'. This falls into the awesome category. I liked that the heroine is vulnerable...but so is the hero. They figure things out together and it was very nicely wrapped up.
Luke and Annie are proof shyness knows no age limit, nor does experience change things when that one has you tongue tied!! Whereas Chase was sweet, Luke is so darn cute when he is with Annie, the two of them together gives you hope for all the good guys out there!
4.5 Stars. 4.5 Stars. Hooked is a compelling read with a unique plot. It is a poignant novel with a great deal of substance and emotional depth. To read this review in its entirety, please visit

If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
By far I loved this story. Talk about emotionally attached. Little was known about Luke before this story. And Annie is a breath of fresh air. I cried and laughed out loud with the sweet trip into romance with these two.
I loved this book. I was already a big fan of the Studs in Spurs books but this was I was even more in love with! I love Luke and Annie. I also liked that the characters from the other books did not change.
April C
I wanted so much more from this book. It seemed so rushed and clearly there could have been more of a story. The characters were strong and could easily have lead this book in a different direction.
Cathy Rooney jones
love the story was a fast read looking forward to reading more about Anne, Luke, Mustange, Sage, Chase, Leesa, Garette,Silver, like to see if Aaron ever finds love like Slade and Jenna
Good book... little bit less romance than you might expect from Cat JOhnson but a really good story about finding love.
Sweet rodeo love story with two strong admirable MCs. Enjoyable, but not a bell ringer.
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Kissin' Tell (Rough Riders, #13)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3)
  • Impact (Buckin' Bull Riders, #1)
  • Half Hearts
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release ...more
More about Cat Johnson...

Studs in Spurs (9 books)
  • UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)
  • Flanked (Studs in Spurs #5)
  • Thrown
  • Champion
  • Spurred (Studs in Spurs, #8)
  • Wrecked: Studs in Spurs