Start by marking “The Girl In The Coffee Shop” as Want to Read:
The Girl In The Coffee Shop

The Girl In The Coffee Shop

Car chases, romantic interludes and breathtaking moments are not the norm for Gertrude, a single, chubby college student. But as she snacks on strawberry muffins, scones, and three Frappaccinos she watches a couple locking lips in a coffee shop. As she studies them, her journalistic mind goes into overdrive. A circle of untanned skin where a wedding ring should be? They ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published June 5th 2011 by Caedem Marquez (first published June 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl In The Coffee Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl In The Coffee Shop

Rachel
Aug 15, 2011 Rachel rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Rachel by: idiotic reviews
Shelves: fiction, shorts, worst, e-book, free
As copy and pasted from my amazon review (http://www.amazon.com/review/R19VLSLY...)

Fluffy boring and ultimately silly ridiculous ending of incredulous nonsense, August 12, 2011
By
R. Maslow

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: The Girl In The Coffee Shop (Kindle Edition)

Why does this girl care about the 2 people in the coffee shop? Why does absolutely everything in this book have to make her think of or remark about food, even if she is chubby? Why does being Christian in thi
Nenette
Nov 25, 2011 Nenette rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine a five-part long exam, carefully and thoughtfully answered until part 4; then the examinee, realizing it's seconds to the end of the period, just shrugged, stood up and walked out of the room. That about sums up my feeling toward this 20-minute read. It would have had potential, but the last part ruined that. Good that I got it for free.
Leticia
Aug 20, 2011 Leticia rated it did not like it
I downloaded this forever ago, forgot what it was about and just now got around to reading it, so I wasn't at all expecting it to be this short - and definitely not this awful. Don't waste your time.
Penny
Aug 06, 2011 Penny rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindlebooks
what a disappointment... a complete waste of the 10 min it took to read this short story (if you can call it that). don't bother downloading this one from Amazon!
Carrie
Oct 06, 2011 Carrie rated it did not like it
This has to be the dumbest book I have ever read
Crystal Caldwell
May 28, 2015 Crystal Caldwell rated it it was ok
Shelves: pop-sugar-2015
Read this because it fulfilled a category in my reading challenge "read a book with bad reviews". I didn't think it was the worst thing I've ever read, it was alright. I guess. I might have to find another book to fill up this category though, because it took all of 5 minutes to read and it feels a little like cheating.

About the actual book, it was a little silly. I was put off a bit by why she would follow 2 people having an affair to write a story about, why she would think anyone else would
Karen Fowler
Jun 16, 2011 Karen Fowler rated it it was amazing
This short story was an interesting quick read, and the author has a distinctive voice. I found myself irritated at the main character Gertrude (mainly with her religious assumptions) but then the next I just felt sorry for her. There are comedic overtones, bracketed by down-to-the-bone clarity and insight. Marques is bound to be someone you will hear more of in the future.

Marquez certainly has a way with words and even if I hadn't enjoyed The Girl in the Coffee Shop, I would have still given t
Leonie Byrne
Feb 07, 2014 Leonie Byrne rated it did not like it
Shelves: chic-lit
It's not very often I will openly slate a book. In fact I would go as far as to say never. I always try and find at least one good point. But this. This monstrosity was just that. A monstrosity. I'm not actually sure why it was on my kindle as I don't recall downloading but I wish I hadn't wasted 5 minutes of my life reading it. The storyline was atrocious. The main character pathetic and disgusting. And really I'm not a fat hater but come on it's expected to be believed that some woman whose ...more
Nicole
Aug 13, 2015 Nicole rated it did not like it
Shelves: humour, chick-lit
I think this book took me 15 mins to read. It's a pretty quick read so I managed to finish it while on a break at work.
I chose this book as part of a challenge. I had to read a book with bad reviews. I'm not even sure this can be classed as a book - I've read short stories longer than this. It reminds me of a story that can be found in a newspaper - written by a very young girl.
Why is the main character concerning herself with the lives of 2 complete strangers. She follows them in an attempt to
Crimson
Aug 04, 2011 Crimson rated it liked it
This story had a way of pulling me in. I found the main charcter endearing and pathetic at the same time. I found that the ending came a bit quickly and jarred the story out of the up to that point fun , comedic pace.
Lynette
Sep 05, 2011 Lynette rated it it was ok
A quick read. I don't actually find this boring. I'm quite amused on how the author did the dialogue and the inner thought of the heroine.
In my opinion, it is what people usually think if they see something like that.
Cathy
Feb 13, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
A chubby college student decides to follow illicit lovers. She's hoping to get info for her college paper. Slightly amusing but has a nice ending.
Toni
Mar 17, 2012 Toni rated it did not like it
It was a short and I HATE shorts , i started to read it and didn't even finish it was pretty boaring (and only a couple pages , on the 3rd page i was already at 16%)
Charlene
Jun 13, 2012 Charlene rated it did not like it
My mother used to tell me that if I didn't have anything nice to say that I shouldn't say anything at all ...

{crickets}
Allison
Dec 27, 2011 Allison rated it it was ok
It was a very short story. There was a slight sense of adventure with the story, but not enough to captivate me.
Brenda
Jul 10, 2011 Brenda rated it it was ok
I agree with the reviewer that said the writing style seemed immature. I felt bad for the girl because she seemed very sheltered and naive. Very short read.
sara haidon
sara haidon rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Nicoleallen
Nicoleallen rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Trish Arrowsmith
Trish Arrowsmith rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Debbie Grasley
Debbie Grasley rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2016
christine mangalino
christine mangalino rated it it was ok
May 18, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2011
Shannon Moeck
Shannon Moeck rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Cristy
Cristy rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2015
Jessica
Aug 19, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
A fun little read. It was much shorter than I expected.
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2012
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was ok
May 07, 2012
Kristin M.
Kristin M. rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Hilde
Dec 01, 2011 Hilde rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
Disappointing. Fortunately it was a free download for Kindle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Fall Girl
  • What the Dead Fear
  • The Fey
  • Beyond the Quiet: Second Chances: The Awakening
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Road Markers
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • Cage Life
  • Message for Minerva (Garland of Druids, #9)
  • Second-Hand Princess