Start by marking “Beachcombing: Exploring the Seashore” as Want to Read:
Beachcombing: Exploring the Seashore

Beachcombing: Exploring the Seashore

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Young sunbathers can learn all about the wonders at the water's edge with Jim Arnosky's fascinating guide. With friendly notes and detailed illustrations of everything from ghost crabs to shark teeth, this award-winning author and wildlife expert outfits kids with the knowledge they need to become avid beachcombers. Take it along on a family vacation or school trip, or mak ...more
Published May 11th 2004 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Beachcombing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beachcombing

Ashley Whiteley
I learned something new on every page. There are so many wonderful creatures at the beach. The pictures are colorful, bright, and happy. It makes you feel like you are actually at the beach!
Crysta Xue
Very good facts about sea creatures, but it was hard to follow text. I could easily use in classroom or home.
Dolly
Apr 10, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Fun and colorful book about beachcombing and the fascinating things you can find. Although it has an East/Gulf Coast slant (since those are the beaches the author visited while researching this book), most of the creatures are fairly ubiquitous. I noticed that he didn't mention the copious amounts of trash you can find washed up as well. We often bring two containers when we go beachcombing - one for trash and the other for treasures. Our girls really enjoyed looking at the pictures in this book ...more
Drew Paige
Great picture book about life on the beach. Discusses the types of animals, seashells, etc. The beach is so exploratory because of the tide coming in there is always something new to find. It makes me want to go to the beach so bad and relax and build sandcastles!
Jacqui Robbins
This is a great book to take to the beach with young children; it's a readable guide to what you might find. Plus, who doesn't dream of "research" that involves studying and painting beaches in Florida for months?
Pam
Just the book for anyone planning a summer vacation at the seashore! Jim Arnosky does an excellent job explaining the joys of beachcombing and explaining the different items that might be found.
Tara Choate
I really liked the "journal" pages, but was a little disappointed on the emphasis on East Coast. But obviously can't do whole world.
Eagle
This was a good story. All the shells were on the sand and all the birds came to get the shells. Emilio
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Malissa
Malissa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Disha Sankhla
Disha Sankhla marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Arhan Sankhla
Arhan Sankhla marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Jim Arnosky was born in New York City, NY Sept 1, 1946. He was raised in Pennsylvania. Jim graduated from high school in Philadelphia and joined the US Naval Reserves. His active duty took him to Maryland and Bremerhaven, Germany.
In 1976 Jim and his wife Deanna moved to Vermont with their two daughters where they have lived in an old farmhouse for the past 28 years. 17 of those years were spent ra
More about Jim Arnosky...
Thunder Birds: Nature's Flying Predators I'm A Turkey! Every Autumn Comes the Bear Grandfather Buffalo Babies in the Bayou