Start by marking “Семейство Тъпашки” as Want to Read:
Семейство Тъпашки

Семейство Тъпашки

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  82,535 Ratings  ·  2,437 Reviews
Запознайте се с:
Господин и Госпожа Тъпашки, жаби в леглото, очни ябълки в чашите, червеи в спагетите...
Роалд Дал мразел брадите. Никога не си е пускал брада и не можел да разбере защо на някого ще му се прииска да скрие лицето си по този начин. Стигнал до заключението, че хората си пускат бради, за да прикрият някоя неприятна страна на личността си. Роалд Дал намирал бра
Published 2010 by Ентусиаст (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Семейство Тъпашки, please sign up.

Christine Edgar She has a glass eye. She took it out and put it in his beer. He couldn't tell until she drank the whole thing.

Greg
Jul 16, 2009 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-kids
Twits are ugly people who do horrible things to each other and others. They are not nice, and they are negative people who have been negative so long that the negativity has made them ugly.

On Monday I was going to write a review that just said that I'm a twit. Which isn't really true, I'm generally a only a slightly negative person, bordering on neutral and I don't do things intentionally to try to cause other people harm. Sometimes I do turn incredibly negative though and then I come out swing
Sara Kamjou
یکی از فانترین و بامزهترین داستانایی بود که تا حالا خوندم :)) خلاقیتش عالی بود، عالی! کلی باهاش خندیدم و حس خوب پیدا کردم.
----------------------------------------
بخشهای ماندگار کتاب:
اگر کسی فکرهای پلیدی در سر داشته باشد، آن فکر پلید کمکم در صورتش معلوم میشود.
...
شخصی که فکرهای خوب در سر دارد، هیچوقت زشت نمیشود. شاید شما دماغ بیریخت دهانی کج یا چانهای دو تکه داشته باشید یا دندانتان از دهان بیرون زده باشد ولی اگر فکرهای خوبی در سر داشته باشید، آنها مثل پرتوهایی از نور خورشید در چهرهتان خواهد درخشید
MJ Nicholls
An allegory on post-Communist Götterdämmerung qua Joseph Stalin or an attack on hairy-faced men?

description

or

description

We can only speculate.
Anthony Vacca
Aug 28, 2014 Anthony Vacca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dahl's The Twits is at its finest during the first half of the book which relates various highlights in the comedy of cruelty that is the marriage between the two eponymous grotesques, Mr and Mrs Twit. When Mrs Twit isn't serving Mr Twit a bowl of worms or hiding her glass eye in his after-supper beer, and when Mr Twit isn't playing a fucked-up mind game on Mrs Twit - such as carving away an inch of his wife's cane, day by day, so that he can trick her into thinking she is slowly but surely shri ...more
Salymar
Oct 10, 2013 Salymar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

-The Twits, Roald Dahl
Mariel
Dec 03, 2010 Mariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ratatouille
Recommended to Mariel by: Lester
My birds and I got into a big literary debate this morning. The book was Dahl's The Twits. Lester the Molestor maintains that I would be more delicious in a pie. My vote is for a hearty bird pie. You are what you eat. Who would want to be me? There is a big hungry gator waiting for us to decide. She said we might settle it over a scrabble game... We lost. It was Lester's fault! He doesn't know enough Q words....
I'm scared.
I swear to myself (and on a stack of bibles) that I had already reviewed T
Brendon Schrodinger
Nov 27, 2015 Brendon Schrodinger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
"What a lot of hairy-faced men there are around these days. When a man grows hair all over his face it is impossible to tell what he really looks like. Perhaps that's why he does it.He'd rather you didn't know.

Then there's the problem with washing."

What an opportune time to read 'The Twits' with so many Mr Twit clones around. Roald had the right idea. They're dirty shifty buggers who paint trees in glue to catch birds and torture monkeys

Yes, hipsters torture monkeys. But they did it before it w
Sara Alaee
Funny childish story of a couple who do nasty things to each other and the birds and the monkeys. Finally the monkeys and birds take revenge by turning the Twits’ house upside down.

So creative! I loved it and yet I think there’s more to this story than just meets the eyes (the bearded face descriptions, cruelty and its relation to ugliness, standing on head instead of feet and then shrinking looks like social or even political(?) criticism to me!).

“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be
FeReSHte
Mar 10, 2015 FeReSHte rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to FeReSHte by: Sara Alaee
Shelves: young-adult, humour
ظاهرت زشت نخواهد بود مگر این که اعمال و افکارت زشت باشند
و ظاهرت دوست داشتنی و زیبا نخواهد شد مگر این که قلب زیبایی داشته باشی
شاید همه ی پیام نویسنده لابلای ماجراهای آقا و خانم توییت همین بود

واقعن درآوردن همچین داستان مفرح و جالبی واسه ژانر کودک و نوجوان با دو تا شخصیت اصلی بدجنس و زشت و چندش آور کلی مهارت و نبوغ میخواد
Farah
Sep 06, 2010 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Judul bukunya membuat gue tertarik sekali.
Eh.. Apa ini? The Twits? Roald Dahl? Hah? Roald Dahl nulis buku tentang Twitter? *ditampar pake kandang burung warna biru*.
Sampe-sampe gue buka kamus untuk tahu apa sih arti twit itu sebenernya?

Twit (Noun. Informal)
A silly or foolish person.

Yeah okay. I got the idea. Maksudnya, buku ini bercerita tentang orang-orang yang jadi konyol karena kebanyakan update status Twitter dong? *dipatok burung pemakan bangkai* *matek*.

Abaikan bagian tadi :D
Anyways, kada
Rosie
Jan 22, 2016 Rosie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this for a project I am doing, doing drama workshops in a primary school based on the work of Roald Dahl and this is the first we are studying.

I love it and the memory it brings, the illustrations are lovely and I love Dahl's serious undetones.

4 stars because, in my opinion, the audiobook enhances the reading experience more and I prefer it to the book.
Ferdy
Quite funny and entertaining, not as good as The BFG or Matilda though.

I kind of loved Mr and Mrs Twit, despite them being horrible to everyone. I thought the nasty tricks they played on each other and names they called each other were actually kind of cute, they both were just so well suited each other (unlike most fictional couples). They might just be my OTP.
Shelle Klein Houser
Archer and I love this book! It's funny and evil and typical Dahl, it's fun to read out loud (or to yourself if you're not reading to a child) and there's an unrealized circus act full of upside-down monkeys.

Cabezabajo
Jul 07, 2016 Cabezabajo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A pesar de que tanto Matilda como Charlie me acompañaron en la niñez, ya de adulta he sido consciente de la ausencia del resto de títulos de Dahl en mi estantería. Claro está, eso había que remediarlo, así que he decidido empezar por 'Los Cretinos' (leído en un viaje de ida y vuelta en el metro). ¿Conclusión? Muy recomendable, independientemente de la edad. No se me ha borrado la sonrisa de la cara ni un segundo. Divertido, satírico y crítico como sólo Dahl sabe serlo.
Astrid Langeveld
Sep 22, 2016 Astrid Langeveld rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik heb het voorgelezen aan mijn zoon van 7 jaar. Tijdens het lezen werd hij een x huilend wakker, omdat hij de griezels zo gemeen vond dat ze beesten sloegen en hij houdt zo van beesten. Dat ze aan het einde teruggepakt werden maakte het dan wel weer goed! Heerlijk boek om voor te lezen of zelf te lezen!
Sara Williams
Roald Dahl had the best imagination ever.
Not only is The Twits awfully original, it is also very clever despite being a children's book.
I absolutely adore Roald Dahl for creating the most bizarre characters and putting them into wacky situations. The book was funny alright, not mindblowing but I can see myself as a kid loving this to bits.
Craig "NEEDS MORE DAMN TIME TO READ !!!!"
Quick buddy read with my eldest daughter haha. Great book and I think I laughed more than my daughter did, I'm such a big kid :)
Jo
Sep 23, 2012 Jo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bbc-100-books
I don't know why I only gave this one two stars to begin with. I read it over and over again when I was little and thought it was great.

When I read it again, though, with my own children, they didn't seem as keen on it. It's definitely not as complex and interesting as Matilda, or James and the Giant Peach, or really any of his more famous books. It's a simple tale of two really horrible people who do horrible things and come to a horrible end. My son found it a bit boring in comparison to the
Saoirse Sterling
Read as part of the #InfiniteVariety2016 Reading Challenge based on the BBC's Big Read poll.

The Twits is one of the more well-known Roald Dahl books that I didn't know anything about and I can't say that's a bad thing. It's a fairly decent yarn about some horrible couple who are horrible to themselves, each other and anything within a five-thousand-mile-radius but it completely lacks a solid plot and the adventurous whimsy of his other works.

Dahl didn't like beards at all, which I think tells yo
Nấm Hương
Jul 12, 2015 Nấm Hương rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-memory
quậy tưng bánh
vui quá không kịp thấy vợ chồng lão twit đáng ghét luôn
haha
Kathy Worrell  ツ
One of the best authors of children's literature.
PurplyCookie
One of Dahl's gleefully naughty children's books, complete with the most disgusting description of a person's beard ever. I believe that Mr. and Mrs. Twit are two of the most nastiest and horrid characters in children's literature, from their repulsive looks to the mean and horrible tricks they play on one another (Mrs. Twit enjoys hiding her glass eyeball in unexpected places and lacing the spaghetti with worms; Mr. Twit works for weeks to convince his wife that she has "The Shrinks") to being ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Only Dahl could make such a delightful children's story out of two such miserable, horrid, nasty characters! Of course, he knew how to write an ending that would satisfy our (childish?) sense of justice. It's been years since I read this book, but it was just as I remembered it: delightfully wicked, uproariously funny, and a little sad.

Mr and Mrs Twit are two very ugly people, whose ugliness reflects the ugliness of their hearts. They live in a windowless brick house, play mean and spiteful tric
Elly (imagineworkshop)
I read this book for the 2015 BookTubeAThon. I have fond memories of reading this book as a kid, but I didn't remember why until I reread it. It is a wonderful childrens book that subconsciously teaches kids simple things like kindness and keeping clean or else they would turn into the nasty humans that are the Twits.
Rubi
Great job, Roald Dahl! I have been laughing all the time. It is a very short story but I've enjoyed it a lot.

Tuyet Truong
Aug 05, 2011 Tuyet Truong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last time I read this book was when I was a junior at primary school. I reread this up to remind me why Roald Dahl was one of my favourite childhood authors.

The Twits are two horrid individuals who seem to hate each other as much as they hate everyone else. They spend their days playing nasty tricks on each other, which include making worm spaghetti and putting frogs in the other's bed. When Mr Twit is not playing tricks on Mrs Twit, he spends his time torturing a family of monkeys by making
Anton
Jun 25, 2013 Anton rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Roald Dahl was my first literary love, but I never dared to read this book. Those two people on the cover were so scary. They looked at me like they wanted to abuse me, or something. Having finally read it almost twenty years later, I was a bit disappointed. The first half of the book was pretty good. Watching the Twits being simply gross, mean and secretive was great fun. I think a core part of children’s literature is simply making fun of adults. After this initial characterisation and sequenc ...more
Megan
Jul 22, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
this book is hilarious I love it
Alice Spades
Apr 10, 2016 Alice Spades rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
well this was a funny one, loved the end
Jess Shelley
Mar 06, 2016 Jess Shelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Read this for my 'children's lit' course. Not my favourite of Roald Dahl's work but was still good.
The Neverlanders: The Twits Discussion 1 7 Feb 16, 2016 10:04AM
about the book 1 3 Jan 07, 2016 09:02PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Twits by Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake - Starting April 29th 2015 10 10 Apr 29, 2015 04:27PM
what are your feelings about Charles Dickens literature? 5 22 Apr 18, 2015 05:29AM
who is meaner, mr or mrs.twit? 29 97 Apr 08, 2015 04:40AM
UEL Primary PGCE ...: Book Review 8 - The Twits 1 2 Jan 26, 2015 01:59PM
What's your favourite part of 'The Twits'? 13 30 Oct 16, 2014 10:16AM
  • The Story of Tracy Beaker
  • The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • Jip en Janneke
  • Unreal! (Uncollected)
  • Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1)
  • Fungus the Bogeyman
  • Clarice Bean Spells Trouble
  • The Worst Witch Strikes Again (Worst Witch, #2)
  • The Sweetest Fig
  • The Awesome Egyptians

More about Roald Dahl...

17 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
1263 likes
“Mr. Twit was a twit. He was born a twit. And, now at the age of sixty, he was a bigger twit than ever.” 170 likes