House Beautiful Style 101: 400 Designer Secrets to a Beautiful Home

House Beautiful Style 101: 400 Designer Secrets to a Beautiful Home

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Want to change your home? Baffled by all the available design choices? House Beautiful helps you define your style--and get the look you love in every room.

With advice and insider tips from dozens of designers, this entry in the magazine's popular pocket guide series (which includes Colors for Your Home and Fabrics for Your Home) simplifies all your decorating decisions. A...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Hearst

Brisbride13
I liked the pictures but the test to see what style I was, was very disappointing. Each question gives you 5 pictures and you choose which style you prefer. The answers you give help to categorize you as glam, new ruralistz traditional with a twist, modernist, or accessorator. The trouble I ran into is I had a very equal point value for all 4 categories!
Abby
I just really loved this little book; fun and easy to read with lots of perfect, unfussy eye candy. It also nailed my personal aesthetic; I'm calling myself a New Ruralist now.
Trish
This book has a lot of good ideas. You could use this book as a guide to find things in your price point.
Tressa
House Beautiful Style 101 had lovely pictures, but only four styles were listed.
Robin Klaene
This is a great book to get inspired and refer back to for ideas.
Martha
read again in Aug 2013
Asma Abdulaziz
Asma Abdulaziz marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Andi Z
Andi Z marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Bridie
Bridie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Goldee
Goldee marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Pattiey
Pattiey marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Tacbephot
Tacbephot marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
House Beautiful Kitchens: Creating a Beautiful Kitchen of Your Own House Beautiful Color: The Perfect Shade for Every Room House Beautiful Blue: 350 Inspiring Ways to Decorate with Blue House Beautiful Living by Water