Start by marking “What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?” as Want to Read:
What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?

What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Fascinated with dinosaurs, Patrick imagines that at one time dinosaurs were great friends of people.
Published September 19th 1988 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happened to Patrick's Dinosaurs?

Cheryl
Loved the big brother. Loved the homely background story, as told by the illustrations that were between the ones involving the dinosaurs. Loved what happened to people after the dinosaurs left. Just a quiet, but funny and imaginative, little story. You won't mind sharing this with your children every time they ask for it - and soon they'll be telling it to you.
Peggy
One of the few sequels to picture books that I think may be even better than the first. Patrick explains HIS version of what really happened to the dinosaurs to his older brother. Great story, great illustrations. Again, a favorite of my oldest son.
Mickey
This book devastated me emotionally as a kid (though in a good way...). There's something so poignant about the idea that we humans lost a paradise of sorts in an earlier time, isn't there? This is a sort of Garden of Eden myth for secular children.
Heidi
A cute sequel of the imaginative boy who adores dragons.

Will put on display for dino theme, but I think it would work in storytime. Definitely a good lap-read.
Mrs. Downs
GR Level: P

Elementary: E CAR

Patrick wonders what happened to the Dinosaurs and has a few ideas of his own. Read it to see if you have thought the same thing.
Julian
oooooh! My son is a dinosaur lover and can I just say this is a very cute book. It's funny and children can really let their imagination go wild when reading it. I love, "Dinosaurs got tired of doing all the work, so they built a big spaceship and left." This could be a fun read aloud for grades k-2.
Erica
Laura Carby
This story is about a young boy named Patrick who has quite the imagination. In the story Patrick comes up with some crazy and wild ideas on where dinosaurs went. The students love this story!
Candace Carr
I would read this book to a third or fourth grade classroom about a unit on fossils and dinosaurs. It's a fun book to read to students about different types of dinosaurs that existed before.
Sharon
This book came into rotation when Danny was doing dinosaurs at preschool. Patrick thinks the dinosaurs used to rule the world and that they flew away in a space ship.
Theresa
a great book for showing imagination
a continuation of the original story of a boys story of learning and meeting dinosaurs
Cana
A good sequel! This kid has a great imagination and sweet, generous old brother.
David Jesser

This is a nice story. It reminds me of the song "Modern Things" by Bjork.
Russ
Russ added it
Nov 20, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 06, 2014
Amyt
Amyt marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
May 13, 2014
Elizabeth Norwood
Elizabeth Norwood marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Patrick's Dinosaurs Valentine Patrick's Dinosaurs on the Internet Mothers Are Like That Big Old Bones: A Dinosaur Tale