4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  359 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Success can be yours with Brian Tracy's
The Psychology of Achievement
Develop the top achiever's mindset
The world's foremost producer of personal development and motivational audio programs offers an inside look at the thinking that leads to great achievement. Drawing on the work of leading psychologists and behavioral researchers, Brian Tracy -- America's "success ment...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Simon & Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant (first published January 1st 1984)

♥ Unaeve ♥ Olga
A fast and easy to listen audio book with a few very good advices.I liked the part about children upbringing most. Made me thinking quite a bit about some of my behavior toward my kids but also about my parents and my own childhood. I am glad i have read it and learned something new that i can apply on my self and my family to make our life better.
Paul Bard
Mr Tracy in this early work opens by noticing that new businesses tend to fail, but new franchises tend to success, because they flow from proven principles. Likewise, he says, this program is a franchise of the basics of achievement. And so it is!

CD1 discusses basic principles of human nature and needs, and establishes the scientific basis for his ideas. CD2 discusses goals and excellence. CD3 discusses responsibility. CD4 discusses managing time and relationships.

In each topic, Mr Tracy brings...more
Billcorcoran
Brian Tracey is brilliant. He discusses how to set life goals, how to overcome the fear of failure, how to use meditation to help maximize your brain power, as well as other strategies for success. I listened to it on CD and found it very easy to listen too with interesting examples and without a lot of the BS that you get from books of a similar vein.
Glenn
I'm a big Brian Tracy fan, and this is one of his best audio programs. The info is distilled down to the essentials, so the only negative is that there could be more real-world examples of the principles and procedures he details.
Jeremy Couch
This is my all time favorite personal development program! There's no fluff. Brian packs it full of valuable, tested, and useful information that can be put into practice right away.
Torki
It worth listing to I enjoyed .
Anna
My job required listening to these six CDs as a part of orientation and I appreciate it so much. Brian Tracy's practical approach to psychology feels grounded and clear. His advice makes profound ideas manageable in everyday life. I gave these to my sister and she uses them from time to time to remind herself of important points. While many approaches to improvement are so grand as to seem intimidating and impossible, this approach is calming and inspiring.
JP
I found this short motivational book very useful, apparently more than some of the others who rated it. It's an earlier work in Tracy's long series of quality works. I like that he separates the psychological aspect of his research into this summary, while leaving it out of others. I appreciate how concise this audio program is and found the ending section about finding meaning in life especially valuable.
Tawna
I am not typically a reader of self-help/improvement books, but at a friend's recommendation, I read (listened to) this book and really enjoyed it. A lot of his assertions seemed pretty broad and I would like to see the supporting research, but he made some good points made me think, which is often the mark of a good book for me.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
I first listened to these tapes about 15 years ago. They are clear, specific, and packed with information every single person can benefit from. I've listened to them a couple of times on long road trips and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for steps to take on the path to personal improvement.
Mehrnaz
Apr 08, 2009 Mehrnaz marked it as to-read
I have a doubt to listen to this audio book or not. Since I am not seeking success in anything and I see most of the processes in human life as games of survival and nothing more to sweat for. So I am just curious to see how such minds works and if there is something wrong with my mentality towards success!
Javad Khodadadi
یک کتاب کم حجم و بسیار فشرده! در شش فصل که هرکدام ممکنه دو قسمت باشه
درپایان هر فصل آزمانی با عنوان کمک به خود اومده که سوالات پرسیده شده دررابطه با مطالب آن فصل هست و کمکی به درک بهتر مطالب میکنه
بنظرم مطالب بیش از حد فشرده و خلاصه هست که باعث میشه برای درک بهتر مجبور به چندبار مطالعه صفحات بشیم
John B.
One of the best cdbooks I have ever listened to. Brian Tracy does an excellent job motivating people while providing concrete examples on how to be excellent. If you can't buy this cdbook I would recommend getting it from your local library - I have listened to it 21 times!
Mr. Z
While achieving success isn't necessarily simple, Brian Tracy has a way of breaking down success into a step-by-step process. There seems to be a law for everything when it comes to getting what you want in life.
Angela
The only issue I had with this book is that the author referred to those who did not practice the principles in his book as "losers". That is such a negative term. Of course this book was first published in 1986.
Stephen Reynolds
This is an Absolute MUST ! This is one of the first audio book I have ever listened to. I have gone back and listened to it multiple times because it's THAT GOOD!
Stephen
www.TheOneForSuccess.com
korey
brian tracy is the man...this thing is filled with all sorts of good insight...it was recommended to me by a guy i met on the airplane & i'm glad i took him up on it...
Fiona Robson
Fantastic read and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in The Law of Attraction or other motivational issues.
Waseem
Like with much of Brians work...this again is a great one and recommended for fellow fans

Waseem
Lesley
I don't think I heard anything new here, but got lots of good reminders about things like goal setting and positive thinking.
Dave Graves
Had the cassettes (audio) plus the workbooks. Must have went through it 10 times and still would like to hear/read it again.
Roland
Some good "psychobabble." Even though science disagrees with some of his assertions, it's still a nice inspiring set.
Eric
Maybe the mot important CD series that I have ever listened to. A real "Baggage Dropper" if you apply it!
Bayan

A must-read book, I recommend to everyone interested in achievement and success :))
Emmette Jacob
This was my first audio book. It was very influential on my life and in business
Michelle
Very inspirational. I've listened to this one several times!
Khalid Almoghrabi
Excellent books for those who thrive for success.
James
Awesome Audio Series
Joshua
Great motivational CD!
Rofida Suliman
Rofida Suliman marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
  • The Psychology of Winning
  • Goals: Setting And Achieving Them On Schedule
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • How to Argue & Win Every Time: At Home, At Work, In Court, Everywhere, Everyday
  • Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
  • The Magic of Believing
  • 25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a Yes! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success
  • Secrets of Power Negotiating: Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator
  • Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • 50 Success Classics: Winning Wisdom for Work & Life from 50 Landmark Books
  • Social Psychology
  • The Science of Happiness: How Our Brains Make Us Happy-and What We Can Do to Get Happier
  • Biological Psychology
22033
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2...more
More about Brian Tracy...
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible