Start by marking “Dinosaurs' Halloween” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs' Halloween

Dinosaurs' Halloween

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A horde of gigantic prehistoric dinosaurs appears in a modern city to rescue a boy and his dog on Halloween. Full color.
Published October 1st 1988 by Scholastic (first published October 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs' Halloween, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs' Halloween

Qt
Dinosaurs, Halloween, and bullies getting their comeuppance--I loved it! :-) The text is simple, but the words and illustrations combine to make a nice, humorous story.
Sarah Sammis
Dinosaurs' Halloween is one of four books we purchased at Gold Beach Books on our recent trip into Oregon. Sean and I picked it out because he had been studying dinosaurs at school. We were both drawn to the book almost simultaneously and having read it together a couple of times, we're glad we decided to grab it.

Dinosaurs live among us in Dinosaurs' Halloween and their children enjoy trick-or-treating just as much as the human children. The hunt for candy and the fun of wearing costumes brings...more
Whitney Strickland
Dinosaurs' Halloween is about a boy and his dog's experience dressing up as dinosaurs for Halloween. As they are trick or treating they run into some bullies that try and still their candy. To their surprise and to the bullies. Real dinosaurs show up to save the day. It turns out that they also like to get candy. The illustrations are detailed and give readers the opportunity to find dinosaurs in every picture. This is a fun story and children love it. I know I did!
Luann
A boy goes trick-or-treating with a dinosaur, but doesn't realize it until some bullies force them to take off their masks. When the small dinosaur calls for help, the bullies find out they have bothered the wrong trick-or-treaters.

Minimal text makes this a great one for very early readers. There is also a short glossary at the end with information about the dinosaurs pictured in the book.
jacky
Oct 18, 2010 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young dinosaur lovers; preK - primary
What I loved the most about this book was the page where the dinosaurs appear in the city. I would think this image would awe any young dino lover. The story isn't very surprising or original, but it is still simple and fun with cute illustrations. And I always love it when there is information at the back about the animals (dinosaurs in this case).
Marissa Garcia
I'm biased because I read this as a child and loved it deeply. There is something magical about a trick or treating dinosaur masquerading as a dinosaur and the bullies getting their rightful scaring. The art is delightful, with simple, clean colors and humorous character expressions. Bonus for the mask wearing puppy.
Dolly
Oct 25, 2009 Dolly rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, halloween
A boy goes trick or treating with his dog. They are both wearing dinosaur costumes and are joined by another wearing a dinosaur costume. But when bullies try to steal their candy, the truth comes out. It's an okay story, probably best for kids who are gaga about dinosaurs.
Jim
Weird!

Non sequitur.

And don't read the blurb because it's longer than the book and spoils the weird story.

I was too late, wasn't I?
Better than Dinosaurs' Thanksgiving, but still not the greatest unless your kid is really into dinosaurs.
Shannon
"Shannon 1987." Dinosaurs AND Halloween? You know it can't get any better than that!
Powers Family
Fune story by the same author of Dinosaur Beach.
Cws
Jul 02, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jedinosaurs
JEDINO-Don
Tanya Feddern-bekcan
Tanya Feddern-bekcan marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Lea
Lea is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2014
Rod Hillen
Rod Hillen marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Alice
Alice added it
Jun 07, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Beth Brown
Beth Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
When Do They Serve the Wine?: The Folly, Flexibility, and Fun of Being a Woman Cartoon Marriage: Adventures in Love and Matrimony by The New Yorker's Cartooning Couple Sex and Sensibility: Ten Women Examine the Lunacy of Modern Love...in 200 Cartoons Funny Ladies: The New Yorker's Greatest Women Cartoonists And Their Cartoons Dinosaur Valentine