Start by marking “The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Power of Three (Charmed, #1)

The Power of Three (Charmed #1)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  1,537 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews

In this night and at this hour,

I call upon the Ancient Power.

Bring yourpowers to we sisters three.

We want the power. Give us the power!

Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell didn't think reading amagical incantation would really work. But it did. Now Prue can move things with her mind, Piper can freeze time, and Phoebe can see the future. They are the Charmed Onesthe mos

Published November 1st 1999 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1999)

Kailyn Ellis
Aug 06, 2016 Kailyn Ellis rated it really liked it
I enjoyed getting to relive this world, just in book form. It was kinda strange to go from seeing it on screen to a novelization, but I will continue on. Welp, going to Mexico until the 11th! I'll see you guys later.
Chené
rating 3.5/5 stars

I was so excited when I saw this book at the library. I absolutely loved the Charmed series when it was on TV, and couldn't wait to squeeze this pocket read in somewhere. Reading this was like visiting an old friend - I wanted to run and put on my dvd's and watch my box set all over again.

Was it the best written book? No. But I still loved it and read it in 2 sittings (it could easily have been one if we didn't get visitors). I adore Prue, Phoebe and Piper. These characters are
Steffi
Sep 03, 2016 Steffi rated it liked it
Echte nostalgie :) ( exact hetzelfde als de aflevering uit de serie
Victoria Kennedy
Sep 30, 2016 Victoria Kennedy rated it really liked it
Originally published on My Books Are Me

Six months after the death of their grandmother, three sisters are reunited, and within hours of Phoebe Halliwell's return, she's read an incantation and turned her and her sisters Prue and Piper into witches!

Based off the first episode of the hit TV series Charmed, the first book in this novelization series follows Prue, Piper and Phoebe discovering they are actually descended from a long line of witches, and that they are the most powerful witches the w
Kerrie-ann
The first ever Charmed novel. This novel is all about three sisters called Phoebe, Prue and Piper who discover they are witches and become the Charmed Ones. The Charmed Ones are the most powerful witches ever. You find out in this novel about the Halliwells background history which they were never aware of, they discover their powers and find out that an evil warlock is set to kill them and steal their powers.

Prue is the oldest of the sisters, then Piper and then Phoebe is the youngest. Without
Christy
Oct 03, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans as well as All others
The Charmed ones Prue, Piper and Phoebe Halliwell. Sisters that aren't as close as they were when they were little; at least not Prue and Phoebe.

It mirrors the episode except for some extra scenes that are put into it. Andy and Phoebe both return to San Francisco one from Oregon one from New York. Both coming on for the first time in a while. Andy's Prue's ex-boyfriend from high school who is now an inspector.

Phoebe returning after six months of being away searching for her dad who she has not
Megan
This novelization of the first episode of Charmed delves deeper into the characters, letting us know exactly what they were thinking and feeling instead of having to guess based on facial expressions. There are several changes to the story, such as when certain characters first appear and meet other characters, but this isn't a big deal to me as the overall outcome is still the same. I think fans of the show will enjoy this book, I know I did.
Menna
Aug 14, 2012 Menna rated it it was amazing
I love this anything about charmed is probably the most amazing thing in the world. the book was really nice really easy to understand and i loved it
not as much as i liked the show but it is still AMAZING
Manon Ten kate
Aug 07, 2016 Manon Ten kate rated it liked it
nice to read
John Hennessy
Nov 20, 2014 John Hennessy rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A cracking start to one of my fave ever tv series! Will read more in the series.
Becky Cresswell
Sep 14, 2016 Becky Cresswell rated it it was ok
read this when I was fourteen and had no taste.
Rose Heartfilia
This book is written after the episode. So for this part I think it's very easy. It's totally the same. Maybe not all discription for Roger or Jeremy but it must have been easy.

I want to watch Charmed again. It's been the first series I've watched fully when I was a kid because my dad loved it and I've rewatched it every now and then or only a few episodes.
Now a good friend of mine start watching this and I was actually jealous. I'm studying for Finals. Have to many other series to rewatch and
Noa
Jul 22, 2014 Noa rated it really liked it
Novelization of the TV episode and series of the same name. The Power of Three, this book is just like the TV episode, it has the seem feel and everything. The only thing here is that you get more into the characters heads and what they really think of each other, and there are some extra scenes that aren't in the episode, but if given the time would have fit in quite nicely.

It was a good read, and has the quality of the show in it. Writing was okay, not a masterpiece but a quick, nice and easy
Amy
Nov 30, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
In this book we learn how Prue, Piper, and Phoebe discover their powers. Having been separated since their Grams death six months ago, the sisters become the Charmed Ones, the most powerful of witches, when they are reunited again. Prue finds their mother's old spirit board in the basement with an inscription on the back that reads, "To my three beautiful girls. May this give you the light to find the Shadows. The power of three will set you free. Love, Mom." The spirit board leads Phoebe to the ...more
Rachel Gunter
Mar 20, 2015 Rachel Gunter rated it really liked it
I've been collecting some of the Charmed books for a while now, and finally decided to start reading them. As a lover of the TV show 'Charmed' for years now, I was really excited and nervous to start the books, but The Power of Three was really good! This is the first book, and it pretty much follows the first episode of Charmed, although some things are new and some parts are in a different order. I really liked the writing, and because the book is short you can get through it really quickly. ...more
Maud
Aug 30, 2012 Maud rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Charmed TV show just wasn't enough for me, I had to read the books to and of course, you should start with the first one and just like in the first episode of Charmed, we get to meet Prue, Piper and Phoebe. Three normal sisters who by accident find out that they are witches and have to fight evil. Now if that isn't hard enough, they are also the Charmed ones, the most powerful witches and with their Power of Three need to banish demons and other evil beings. This first book shows how they ...more
لمياء  ❀
Aug 14, 2015 لمياء ❀ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite

There was a huge sale on books today, I freaked out and start looking for good books, I saw this and I really wanted to read it for so long I don't even know why. charmed was obviously one of my childhood TV series, but I was too young to understand what's going and what the story is all about. This book is the first in the series, ugh so good so entertaining, I finished it in just couple of hours. It's starts with the beautiful relationship between the three sisters, and them finding out that t
Kar Wai Ng
Jun 18, 2009 Kar Wai Ng rated it it was amazing
Julie
Dec 31, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
I read this book because I love the Charmed TV show that USED to be on TNT. It was about 3 sisters who find out they are witches, the Charmed Ones and they have to fight off all kinds of demons to protect the world. I read the book all at one (it only took a couple hours) and I would have to say, it gets 3 stars. I mean, it was really good and all, but not as exciting to me. Probably because I already knew exactly what was going to happen from watching the shows like a millions times each!

But, i
Max
Apr 18, 2012 Max rated it really liked it
I don't think I should even rate this book, because the Charmed series (along with Buffy) got me through upper primary and secondary school. And so 13-year-old self would be biased.

Anyway this was probably my first encounter of a series that deals with magic and witchcraft. I remember I loved the series very much and would lay my hands on every single book the moment they are published/on the library shelves.
Angel
Apr 26, 2010 Angel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in the day when there wasn't TV to DVD I had no idea how the Charmed ones came to be. It came to me on a whim today that I read this novel to find out. Now if only I could remember more books that I've read. :( My rating really has nothing to do with what I thought about the book as I don't remember.
Marloes
May 21, 2010 Marloes rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who watched Charmed
Recommended to Marloes by: Charmed TV series
Shelves: witches
Good story, I already watched the entire Tv series, so nothing surprising, but it us still fun to read, because the story and the overall idea are very nice. The writing style was a bit weird though, but maybe that was just because I'm used to reading the original english versions, and this one was translated to dutch.
Amanda
Aug 29, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok
I love the Charmed TV series and read this because I love the show so much. I found that while I liked the book, the show is definetly better for the magical aspects, pacing etc. This might be biased as I loved the show so much but I thought that it was a good read but I would pick the show over these spin off books any day.
Sabrina Wannet
Sep 06, 2015 Sabrina Wannet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since a saw the serie, so I thought let's start in the book serie. If you have seen the serie on tv then it is very hard to read the book because you see that a lot is different or you miss parts from the serie. But if you can see them apart it is fun to read :D, well see for yourself and enjoy
Daniel Devereux
Oct 30, 2016 Daniel Devereux rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2016
It was slow in the beginning but about thirty or forty pages in it started to take off and diverge from the first episode. It was nice to see more and to get a glimpse into the minds of the sisters. not to mention the information on Melinda starting on page fifty. All in all it just makes me want to read more. I just wish they were a bit longer.
Doris
Mar 01, 2012 Doris rated it liked it
I am a huge fan of the tv series, and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, which this is. Unfortunately, without that background, this book does not have enough writing to stand alone. It doesn't flesh out the characters, or give enough background to make them seem real. For a fan, its great. Everyone else, not worth reading.
Cindy
Sep 10, 2016 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Having watched the Charmed DVDs so many times, this book was easy to read since it was so much like the first episode, yet it contained some extra storylines that I didn't remember, which made it even more exciting to read.
Ajla
Dec 20, 2014 Ajla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
For a hardcore Charmed fan like myself this book can only be amazing and adorable! I read it one sitting and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I could read more of these because they just make me love the TV show even more.
Sharon Maatje
The first Charmed pocket, one of my guilty pleasures. This book was good, but I felt as if too much was taken from the series pilot (first episode) which was a shame. I would have loved for it to be more excited.
Angela
Jan 06, 2016 Angela rated it liked it
Recommended to Angela by: Tsjara
Shelves: witch, bc-10
I finished this little book in record time. It was as enjoyable as re-watching the pilot episode, and I really did miss Prue in the later seasons (in fact, I stopped watching it until the last episode, which did tie things up nicely).
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • Haunted by Desire (Charmed, #6)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • Garden of Evil (Charmed, #13)
  • Spirit of the Wolf (Charmed, #12)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • The Brewing Storm (Charmed, #25)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)

Charmed (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Charmed, #2)
  • The Crimson Spell (Charmed, #3)
  • Whispers from the Past (Charmed, #4)
  • Voodoo Moon (Charmed, #5)
  • Haunted by Desire (Charmed, #6)
  • The Gypsy Enchantment (Charmed, #7)
  • The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed, #8)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Beware What You Wish (Charmed, #10)
  • Charmed Again (Charmed, #11)

“Prue touched piper's shoulder. "Don't worry, no one's going to the attic. but theres no point in leaving the house. we are perfectly safe here."
"Don't say that!" Piper cried. "in horror movies, the person that says that is always the next to die.”
6 likes