Start by marking “Die erste Entdeckung von Amerika [microform]: a eine historische Skizze der Entdeckung Amerikas durch die Skandinavier” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Die erste Entdeckung v...

Rasmus Bjørn Anderson

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
This scarce antiquarian book is included in our special Legacy Reprint Series. In the interest of creating a more extensive selection of rare historical book reprints, we have chosen to reproduce this title even though it may possibly have occasional imperfections such as missing and blurred pages, missing text, poor pictures, markings, dark backgrounds and other reproduct ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published by Hamburg : J.F. Richter (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Die erste Entdeckung von Amerika [microform], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die erste Entdeckung von Amerika [microform]

Levi Crawford
If it had not been for the somewhat helter-skelter organization of the book and its very short length, I would have given it five stars. It's a quick read in the educated language of yesteryear about the Viking exploration of America.

I only wish it would have been longer and gone into more detail, but with a forty page bibliography and the insistence upon reading Icelandic and Norwegian sagas, I think I can find more than enough material to quench my thirst for knowledge on this topic.
Brian Werner
Brian Werner marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Mohammed
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Rasmus Bjørn Anderson (January 12, 1846 – March 2, 1936) was an American author, professor, and diplomat. He brought to popular attention the idea that Viking explorers discovered the New World and was the originator of Leif Erikson Day.

Anderson was born in Albion in Dane County, Wisconsin to parents who were immigrants from Stavanger in the county of Rogaland, Norway. His parents were part of a s
More about Rasmus Bjørn Anderson...
Mitología nórdica The Prose Edda Norse Mythology or the Religion of Our Forefathers: Containing All the Myths of the Eddas Viking Tales of the North: The Sagas of Thorstein, Viking's Son and Fridthjof the Bold Teutonic Mythology: Gods and Goddesses of the Northland, Volume 1