Start by marking “Ordinary Girl in a Tiara” as Want to Read:
Ordinary Girl in a Tiara

Ordinary Girl in a Tiara (The Princess Swap #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Newly single Caro Cartwright has decided that when it comes to life (and men), ordinary is good. Until her best friend, Princess Lotty, begs her to stage a diversion by masquerading as Prince Philippe of Montluce's latest squeeze....Playboy Philippe thinks their attempt is doomed. How can he pretend to be in love with someone like Caro, who's so...unglamorous? Then Caro st ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ordinary Girl in a Tiara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ordinary Girl in a Tiara

Dalia
A fun and delightful read with a delightful heroine who takes prince Philippe and his small country Montluce by storm. Caro is an ordinary girl with ordinary dreams, who loves food and ridiculous vintage clothes. She is doing her best friend princess Charlotte ( h in The Secret Princess ) a favor by pretending to be prince Philippe's girlfriend. Philippe's first impression of this plum quirky girl is not favorable. But soon enough, she gets under his skin and into his heart. She makes h
Fiona Harper
Loved this book. It made me laugh, cry and sigh. Read it in less than a day and kept meaning to put it down, but I was so caught up in the story that I kept missing the chapter headings and so kept reading!
Dorothea Müller
Coras Leben verändert sich als Sie für ihre Freundin Prinzessin Lotty, die Freundin des Prinzen Philippe von Montvivennes spielen soll. Da sie immer noch unter der Trennung ihres Ex-Freundes leidet, spielt sie mit. Es wird ihr größtes Abenteuer und auch sehr romantisch.

Wer will nicht einmal Prinzessin sein, oder ihren Prinzen treffen. In der Geschichte hat man schnell das Gefühl in einem Märchen für Erwachsene zu sein. Man hat auch die böse Königin dabei, teilweise wird es sehr romantisch und g
Catherine
Adorable, fast read!
Nas Dean
ORDINARY GIRL IN A TIARA from author Jessica Hart is from the new Harlequin M&B line, RIVA.

Caroline Cartwright, hurt by her fiancé leaving her for someone sexy and fun, felt herself to be too ordinary for the likes of an European prince.

Prince Philippe, dashing, jet-setting playboy is used to sophisticated and pampered princesses. When he hatches a plan with Caro’s friend Princess Charlotte, for Caro to masquerade as his girlfriend in order to thwart Lottie’s Grandma’s matchmaking, he know
Ruth Meriba
Bueno, a mi me gustan leer algunos libros de Harlequin (Esos libros romanticos pequeños que venden en las revisterias y que seguramente nuestras mamás leen) pero es que, después de terminar una aventura en libros fantásticos o sagas adictivas, me gusta leer un libro entretenido sin muchas páginas, ideales para leer mientras estas en bus camino a la escuela (¡Además de que son baratisimos!)

Sin embargo, este libro, sí que me gusto un montón, (ya me he leído varios de esta autora) Ademas pensé que
Kaycee Sapinoso
A lovely and sweet satisfying read and hit all the right spots. It was basically a modern version of Cinderella where our heroine met a real life Prince. I won't give further details so you really have to read it yourself. All I can say that this was such a wonderful book. I loved everything about it.

I loved Caro and Phillippe. They were perfect for each other. I was so caught up in their story that I couldn't wait to find out the ending. Loved the book from the beginning.
Lexie
Prelim review: Its been a while since I picked up a harlequin romance title by an author I wasn't previously exposed to. However I'm kind of a sucker for ordinary girls who swap with their royal friends (or royal look-a-likes or twins swapping lives or anything in that brand of romance actually) and Borders had both books in the duology for 50% so...

I was pleasantly surprised! While I still kind of grew exasperated by the sheer amount of miscommunication that occured between the leads, I enjoyed
Stephanie
im giving it 3.25 stars
it was a really sweet read! hit the right notes, emotions and pulled the right set of heartstrings. i thought it'd make me feel gooey inside and too good to be true. but the characters were very ordinary and i could relate to them, royalty or not, we're all still human. great read!
Sian
One of my favourites by Jessica Hart. Loved the whole story from beginning to the end.Highly recommended for people who love royal romances.
Li
I have been buying quite a few Jessica Harts, after reading (and loving) Juggling Briefcase & Baby.

This one unfortunately didn't quite live up to my expectations - too much head-hopping (pet peeve of mine) and also umm... less realistic than previous Harts (I know, I know - it IS an M&B, but I think I prefer something more rooted in reality).

Oh well. I did think the release was spot-on timing-wise, what with Wills & Kate's wedding at the same time.
Catie
Nothing very original here but I do like this author - very witty and warm
Melissa Maxwell
I loved Caro and Phillipe's story. Caro is trying to help out her friend Lotty by pretending to be Phillipe's girlfriend so she could escape. Caro has never felt like she belonged and she does not feel it will change when she goes to Montluce. Phillipe and Caro pretend to be in love but it's just a show or is it. Caro encourages Phillipe to ask for more responsibility in running the country and she is just herself and the people if Montluce fall in love with her. I love the ending and how it lea ...more
Jenna (JennaHack)
This was such a lovely story! I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this book! Just another sweet and fluffy love story about an ordinary girl, who happens to be best friends with a princess, and how she falls in love with her best friend's cousin, the Crown Prince. A lovely story about how, underneath the titles and glitz and glamour, a Crown Prince is just a regular guy.

Very cute story. I'd definitely recommend it.
Stephanie Frugis
I loved this!! Truly adorable!! Exactly the kind of books I hope to find.. The story was engaging and definitely original. 5 stars for sure!
Sandhya
Princess swap series...wow...name itself shows promising! I love fairy tales...and this series is just a fairy tale romance!!
A sweet romance, with a predictable story but entertaining read....with an uncomplicated, simple book. I loved caro and Philippe....enjoyed reading how they fall in love despite their entirely different characters.
A time-passing read for a lazy afternoon !!
Nell
I loved this book. I'd been put off getting it for a while by the hideous UK cover but as I own almost all Jessica's books I knew I'd end up giving in. A lovely sweet satisfying read. I could have done without the brief epilogue and had more time at the ending bit but the dialogue was so lovely and the hero and heroine so good. It's another 5 star read.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Karen Kirst
Awesome, delicious read! Each word held me spellbound...I fell in love with the quirky Caro and princely yet vulnerable Philippe. It was one of those books you couldn't wait to find out the ending but never wanted to end. Jessica Hart is one of my all-time favorite authors. I will be reading this again soon.
Figlet
I haven't read a Jessica Hart title in a long time, and I'm sorry now that I haven't.

This is a poignant, funny, and romantic tale that, unbelievably (because I don't typically do this over Harlequins unless it's written by Betty neels) made me cry.

I can't wait for Lotty's tale.
Tricia M.
I really liked it! I've read many stories with the same formula, and I'm not going to say that it offers something new, because it kinda doesn't, but I still like it.

I really like it.
Cady Lorenzana
Oh my. This book is so awesome. An ordinary girl who got to live with a prince. I think even Cinderella will envy Caro if she can have the chance reading this book :)
Michaela
Mar 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Zoi
Zoi marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Babylyn Delos
Babylyn Delos marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
  • The Royal Marriage Arrangement
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • Promoted to Wife?
  • One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)
  • The Groom Came Back
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy #5)
  • New York's Finest Rebel (Brannigan, #2)
  • To Marry a Prince
  • Once for All Time  (Harlequin Romance,  2666)
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • His Unknown Heir
  • Billionaire Baby Dilemma
  • Carrying the Rancher's Heir
  • A Family for the Rugged Rancher
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Molly Cooper's Dream Date
  • Walk on the Wild Side
After a haphazard career spent working and travelling around the world, I stumbled into romance writing as a way to fund a PhD. My first book, A Sweeter Prejudice, came out in 1991, and since then I've written a further 59 books, some of which have won awards in the US and the UK.
I live in York, a historic city in the north of England, and waste the best part of my days planning trips away or on
More about Jessica Hart...

The Princess Swap (2 books)
  • The Secret Princess
Hitched! Cinderella's Wedding Wish Newlyweds of Convenience Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect Oh-So-Sensible Secretary

“I want someone to come home to at the end of the day. Someone I can talk to, laugh with. someone I can hold and who'll hold me through bad times and the good. That's ordinary, isn't it?” 2 likes
“Caro: Are you sure, Philippe? I do love you, but we're so different. It won't be easy.
Philippe: No it won't be. But who wants easy when they can have incredible? Yes, we'll have to work through some tough bits, but won't that be worth it when we see what an amazing life we can build together?”
1 likes