Start by marking “Zafiro (Rub” as Want to Read:
Zafiro (Rub

Zafiro (Rub (Edelstein-Trilogie #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  43,328 Ratings  ·  3,637 Reviews
Cruza las fronteras del tiempo y encuentra el verdadero amor.Como cualquier otro día, regresé pronto a casa al salir del instituto. Mi tía se había quedado sin sus dulces favoritos y me ofrecí para ir a la tienda a comprar más, pero de camino empecé a sentir algo muy extraño: las piernas me temblaban y tuve una sensación rara en el estómago. De repente, la calle desapareci ...more
Published November 2nd 2011 by Random House Mondadori (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zafiro (Rub, please sign up.

This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Taylah-ann If anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: …moreIf anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/sa...
Not all the sentences are grammatically correct but the film itself is fairly easily to follow. :)
Enjoy
(less)

Amy
Dec 28, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh, do I really have to wait for OCTOBER for this book to be translated into English???? AHHH! I'm so excited. And I suppose by October I'll be stuck back in dinky Dayton so I'll have to wait even longer to get my hands on a copy.
^.^
Maybe I should just re-read Ruby Red...

Finished 12/28/12
*sigh*
So much potential. So, so much potential. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to it.
The plot is still interesting. In fact, its creative and fun and quite enjoyable.
But the characters!
Oi.
The char
Shreya
Oct 20, 2013 Shreya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard to believe the number of bloggers and readers out there that haven’t heard about this wonderful young adult series. Ruby Red, the first book, brought to us an adventure that included time-traveling, secrets, carriages, evil barons, and a little bit of romance. Sapphire Blue continues on from there with double the trouble, triple the action, and quadruple the romance! The characters were once again, very engaging, and I had no problem with getting hooked into the story. Time-travel book ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I didn't really like this, it irritated the hell out of me. The heroine, Gwen, could have been a decent character had it not been for the ghastly romance and the vile love interest (the douche dick Gideon). Every time Gwen was near Gideon or thought about him (which was most of the time), I lost respect for her. She was weak, pathetic and desperate. He treated her like utter shit and the dumb bitch let him, she would be mad and upset when he acted like bastard but as soon as she saw him
Carie
Jan 19, 2013 Carie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arghh.

I like this series, I do. WIth a few complaints. My biggest complaint is that it is a series, instead of a single book. Not much happened it the first and frankly not a whole lot happens in the second. I got SO (in all caps!) tired of no one telling Gwen anything. Eventually some things are revealed. Ish. But you shouldn't have to read 2 books in the series to start getting answers.

Yes, I'll read the next. As long as my complaints are duly noted.
Jaz
I. Need. The. Part. Three. Now.

We get more time travels than in the first book, that one was definitely the introductory book to this world...
Also finally we discover the meaning of something that has been mentioned in the prophecy, which I believe it was pretty obvious since the first time it was mentioned but ... it is what it is. We will get some answers and more questions too. I suspect that many explanations are being saved for the third and last part.
Overall, the plot is quite simple. Thi
Christine Riccio
Sep 13, 2013 Christine Riccio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed the book but, I have so many questions! Just posted my full book discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZuuI... ! So excited for book 3!
Fenia
WOW!!! :O *forever crying* This book was just as great as the first one!!! I loved it. I laughed. I cried. Loved it. I'm so obsessed with this series!! Few spoilers ahead:

I loved the soiree and the singing? i laughed so hard in this scene!! Gwen drunk?? So funny!!! Gideon? Still in love with him..but he really pissed me off!! At the end though..well he does love her. right? he loves her. right?? right?? *crying again* I just can't with all the feels!!! My poor sweet Gwen is so miserable and hur
laurooou
May 13, 2016 laurooou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is a good sequel to Ruby Red. It's a light read that will have you laugh hysterically. There is a lot more time travel in this one and some interesting details of the prophecy are revealed.

In the first book, Gwen seemed a bit immature for her age, and she doesn't really evolve in that regard in this book. I think that is probably the main reason I gave the overall series 4 stars instead of 5. Even though Gwen is hilarious, she is not a great role model or heroine. She lacks a tiny bit
Cynn
Mar 20, 2014 Cynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Es que cada vez me gusta más esta trilogía.

En Saphirblau,la segunda parte de la trilogía Rubí,nos encontramos con una historia que comienza siendo algo predecible y pasa a ser absolutamente entretenida. A pesar de que sigo insistiendo que creo saber varias cosas que todavía no se revelaron se que no puedo juzgar al libro de predecible si todavía no se si en cierta forma, esto es así. Por esto mismo me centro en la historia de esta entrega y empiezo a reseñarla.

La historia es mucho más entreteni
Giulia (Jun)

This series is so fun to read! It's fast-paced and humorous, with witty characters and the cutest romance. I'm having a blast reading it! I would write something more articulate, but you know, book three is already waiting for me...
Nikoleta
Nov 19, 2015 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Χαλαρο, ξενοιαστο, περιπετειωδες και καλογραμμενο. Μα πάνω απο ολα εχει τόση φρεσκάδα, τόσες ατάκες και ευχάριστο χιουμορ που όσες φορές και να το διαβάσω πάντα καταφέρνει να μου φτιάξει την διάθεση.
Taissa
May 04, 2015 Taissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 solid stars!
This one was a little longer than Ruby Red but I read it much much faster. This makes me wonder how long it will take me to read Emerald Green <33
Love this series so much so far though.
☾Poppet

As usually I finished this book quite long ago (the next day that I finished Ruby Red book and movie) buuut i forgot to put it on my read shelf and because i wanted to finish a review first but i had mixed thoughts (and events) since as soon i finished Sapphire Blue I watched the movie which was so good (im going to admit it now: i liked it better than the book)

Gwendolyn as always was so fun to read I absolutely love her character and with the companion of Xemerius: hell yes. The time traveling
Amelie
Mar 28, 2016 Amelie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Ich hätte ja nie gedacht, dass das möglich war, aber Saphirblau ist definitiv noch besser als Rubinrot. Das liegt vor allem an den neu eingeführten Charakteren und natürlich der Liebesgeschichte, die das ganze noch viel viel viiiiel amüsanter macht.
Die oben erwähnten Charaktere sind nämlich Xemerius und Giordano. Beide sind einfach zum Schreien! Ich finde Kerstin Gier hat es auch einfach klasse gelöst, traurige oder gar dramatische Szenen durch Xemerius' lustige Kommentare zu entschärfen. I
Regan
Mar 31, 2016 Regan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
STILL SUPER FUN
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
*Actually 4.5 stars*

This book was so much better than the first one in my opinion. I found myself way more gripped from beginning to end. I think a huge part of it is to do with Xemerius, as his character is funny as hell. I did find Gwen to be a bit annoying sometimes though.

I also seem to find myself more intrigued by what happens in the prologue and epilogue of these books (they are told from a different character's POV).

I'm actually quite looking forward to Emerald Green now... didnt think
~ Odette Knappers
Het reviewen van een deel 2 van een trilogie voelt altijd een beetje als iets zeggen over het middelste gedeelte van een stand-alone. Het verhaal gaat wel door, maar je kent de wereld al en er gebeurt nog niet écht iets. Wel pakte de bijzondere wereld van Gwendolyn me weer en heb ik genoten van de onderdompeling in de wereld.

Ik vind Gideon een ongelooflijke eikel, nog steeds. En hoe vrouwonvriendelijk de hele organisatie is.. jeetje zeg. Ik vind het wel tof hoe Gwendolyn daar mee omgaat, als men
Willinda
Nádherné. Jednoduše nádherné. Bude mi trvat opravdu hodně dlouho zbavit se toho připitomělého úsměvu, který mám od první stránky... :D
------------------------
Ještě před týdnem by vám šestnáctiletá Gwendolyn řekla, že je jí život relativně normální. Sice se její sestřenice učila všechno možné, aby mohla cestovat časem a pouze čekala, až se u ní konečně projeví časocestovací gen, její tetička s babičkou a vlastně velká část rodiny je mírně šílená a každý má nějaké to tajemství, ale pro Gwendolyn v
Krystal Bond
May 21, 2015 Krystal Bond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite not being able to put this book down, I still have to give it only 4 stars. I still have so many questions about all of the mysteries that they seem to keep adding onto but giving essentially zero information about. I truly hope the third and final installment answers all questions and I can give it a solid 5 star rating. Otherwise I still recommend these books, because they are interesting and the characters all very likable. I've enjoyed it overall so far.
Dee ♡
Aug 19, 2015 Dee ♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO MANY QUESTIONS!

This was really fun. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. I could do without Gideon giving me whiplash though, but it's okay. I still love him
Gwen & Gideon it's happening!

My full review can be found here
Valentina
Oct 12, 2015 Valentina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series, the main character is super fun to follow along with and the misteries are really intriguing!
Melissa Frye
Jan 05, 2015 Melissa Frye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
There are authors in this world who spoil readers. It’s true. You read a book and think there is no way this author can pull off another flawless novel and yet somehow they do it. Kerstin Gier is proving to be one of those authors.
Synopsis taken from Goodreads:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their b
Kelsey
Feb 10, 2016 Kelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I love love love these books <3. Wauw, wat een geweldige serie is dit!
Kat
Nov 08, 2012 Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-lit
I know this should be a 4 star, judging by the storyline, world building and character development. But I just really love the idea of time-travel so much that I'm going to give this a 5 star. I'm really fascinated by the world in this book. It's not too complex or too graphic, it's actually simple. There's a family of time travelers and every generation, they get a time traveler in the family. The time travelers use a chronograph to control the instances they travel to a different time. It is s ...more
Danny
Feb 28, 2015 Danny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this one also a 4.5/5

Really enjoyed the second book in this trilogy :)

I especially love the addition of a pretty funny character was added in this book! I also found this book had quite a few funny moments that definitely made me laugh.

I do wish that they would resolve at least some issues in these books, so far its felt like the first two book we get bits and pieces of information but up to this moment there hasn't been too many revelations on whats going on. Which in a way has pushed me
Ecmel Soylu
May 08, 2015 Ecmel Soylu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ciddi bir aksiyon eksikliği olduğu gerçeği inkar edilemez ama ben karakterleri ve yazarın mizahını çok seviyorum*-*
Victoria Hansen
Apr 08, 2016 Victoria Hansen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars.

I found this book to be a pleasant sequel, but I was a bit disappointed as Ruby Red left off with such an exciting and adventurous ending. However, my main problem with Sapphire Blue was the romance. The romance had become the main point, and with Gideon's bipolar behaviour mixed with Gwen's frustrations, it takes away the focus on the actual time travelling plot. Especially the part where she cries and yells and screams and gives him shit. That moment was cringe-worthy. Overall, the r
Juli
Mar 24, 2016 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Mejoro mucho despues del primero. La historia me mantiene atrapada y el libro se me pasa volando!!!!
Y el final de este libro me dejo helada. Necesito empezar Esmeralda PRONTO!!
snowplum
Mar 28, 2015 snowplum rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
GR doesn't give me the option to review the English language version specifically, but in case it matters, I read this in English, which is my first language.

But when it comes to reviewing it, I don't have all that much to say about Sapphire Blue. If you read my review of book 1, Ruby Red, you'll see that I thought it was a set up for a potentially interesting series, despite being totally unsatisfying on its own. I don't think Sapphire Blue does enough to move the trilogy along.

Performing some
  • Arkadien fällt (Arkadien, #3)
  • Der Kuss des Kjer
  • Faunblut
  • Everlasting: Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Lucian
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Der Sturm (Das Tal Season 1, #3)
  • Scherbenmond (Splitterherz, #2)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
  • Erebos
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Canopy, #2)
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

More about Kerstin Gier...

Edelstein-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein-Trilogie, #3)

“-¿Hay algo que no sepas hacer?
-¡No! Puedes tomarme tranquilamente por un Dios.”
103 likes
“—Deberíamos recoger nuestras cosas —dijo Gideon♥♥♥ finalmente—. Y deberías hacer algo urgente con tus cabellos; parece como si algún idiota se hubiera puesto a revolver en ellos con las dos manos y luego te hubiera tirado sobre un sofá… Sea quien sea el que nos espere sabrá que dos y dos son cuatro… Oh, por Dios, no me mires así.
—¿Cómo?
—Como si ya no pudieras moverte.
—Es que no puedo —dije (Gwen) en serio—. Soy un pudin. Me has transformado en un pudin.....(Zafiro)”
85 likes