Start by marking “Hush” as Want to Read:
Hush

Hush

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  4,268 Ratings  ·  344 Reviews
What's your greatest fear?

Nook, 0 pages
Published May 29th 2011 by Theresa Weir (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Hush, please sign up.

Janelle Diaz no , the movie & the book are completely different . but both are very good !

Li'l Owl
I've not read any of Anne Frasier's books until this one but I will be reading more of her books to be sure!

This was a harrowing, tension filled book that I could not put down. It grabbed my attention from the first sentence and the pace just kept getting faster and faster and faster, all the way until the very last word! I had to keep myself from skipping the last few pages to read the last sentence! Crazy good!
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4.5 "Dirty Boy" Stars ****

"He killed the mothers out of hatred - but he killed the infants out of love. A sick, twisted love, but love all the same."

photo HUSH_zpshs3nbaxq.jpg

This is a horrible tale of what abuse inflicted on a child can make that child's mind break and create a dark monster. A monster that seems almost normal upfront, but behind their dark eyes lays a daemon that has no issues spilling blood of those he thinks are in the wrong.

I am NOT a fan of babies and children being hurt in stories but the
Susan May
Oct 21, 2014 Susan May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I love serial killers. I love reading about them. I love writing them. I wouldn’t want to meet one, and I don’t glorify them, but there’s something delicious about getting inside the mind of one via a good book.
Anne Frasier released the thriller Hush in 2002 and it went on to become a bestseller alongside many other bestsellers among her 24 books published so far. Frasier writes a serial killer with the best of them, just as creepy and absorbing as Thomas Harris’s Silence of the Lambs and as te
Joanne Robertson
I picked this up for 99p on a kindle daily deal-decided to read a sample first though as I often do! As soon as the sample had finished I downloaded the full book and just kept reading! I got goosebumps as I realised I had found another author I had never really heard of but knew that I had to investigate their entire backlog of books asap! It was the same as when I read my first Lisa Gardner novel, who also gives this book a great boost with her comments on the front cover.
Ivy Dunlap lives a qu
Josh
Oct 11, 2012 Josh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, crime, kindle, read_2014
HUSH reads like the mainstream popular crime fiction commonly associated with Karin Slaughter, Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson etc. yet it’s enjoyable and gripping from the get-go, largely due to a seriously messed up antagonist whose thirst for murder is as unquenchable as is the limitless lengths he goes to in order to destroy the lives of his victims and their family.

The ‘Madonna Murderer’ murders mothers, punishing them for their sins while claiming to ‘save’ their babies by subjecting th
Lisa
Jun 08, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving with good character development. Serial killer with mother-son complex. Some cursing and graphic details, but not out of place. Not well edited as noted several typo's but didn't detract from the story. Couldn't put it down. This is the first book I've read by Anne Frasier and now won't be my last.
Laura Elisabeth
The mothers weren't virgins, they were whores. Whores! He was the untouched virgin. He was the immaculate birth.

On the streets of Chicago, there is a serial killer amongst us. He preys on every mothers deepest fear - the loss of her child. The Madonna Murder has resurfaced, getting smarter and more cunning with each victim, and its up to Detective Max Irving, along with Criminal Profiler Ivy Dunlap to stop him.

I love the cover for this book, it instantly draws you in. If you enjoy serial kille
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Hush begins when Ivy is called to be a profiler on a case she knows very well. It started sixteen years ago, and it seems the killer is back again. Ivy knows more about the killer than any else alive, and now she will do whatever she can to stop him.

However, the lead detective on the case doesn't agree with her being there, and she's also having a hard time reliving these nightmares again. But, she will catch this guy no matter what.

This book had a ver
Judi
Nov 25, 2015 Judi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivy Dunlap is a criminal profiler. But the reason she become one was because she was a victim of the Madonna serial killer years before.
Living as Ivy she has tried to forget the past and the killer. But she receives a phone call that will change her life. There has been a murder and they suspect that it is the Madonna serial killer again.

When Abe Sinclair calls Ivy to let her know, he wants her on the case. He knows the secret of Ivy, that she is really Claudia and was a victim that everyone tho
Apr 23, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up for $0.99 for my Kindle on a daily deal, not expecting much. I don't read much mystery/suspense, okay, basically none at all, so maybe that's why I liked this so much, out of the ordinary for me. It was great though! The story line was interesting, the psycho guy was truly completely mad, I read it in 5 days, which is fast for me.
April Thompson
Jun 02, 2014 April Thompson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bland. The ending began to be fast-paced, but overall this was bland. That's the only word I've been able to come up with that completely describes it for me.
Mary
Sep 25, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good!
Honistie
May 10, 2012 Honistie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I want to state that I got this book free for my Kindle. I did not read what it was about and I thought it was a different story. I was a few chapters into the book when I realized my error but I kept reading anyway. I felt the book had a good beginning, middle, and end. I feel Anne Frasier left no unanswered questions when she finished the book. I also like how she could have a sequel using the characters to work another case if the she wishes.

I did feel this book was written for a youn
Pingingit
Nov 05, 2014 Pingingit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Reader's Heaven

It's criminal profiler Ivy Dunlap's job to unravel the psyches of the most dangerous men alive. None haunts her dreams more than the killer who took her son's life sixteen years ago, then silently disappeared into the dark. Now an urgent request for help from the Chicago police has reawakened Ivy's greatest nightmare. The Madonna Murderer has returned to fulfill his calling. This time Ivy understands the kille
Denise
Sep 30, 2014 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.0 out of 5 stars -- Lunatic killer stalking unwed mothers and their newborn baby boys...

Claudia Reynolds survived the Madonna Killer though he killed her newborn son and has been relocated with a new identity in St. Sebastian, Canada, when she gets a call from Superintendent Abraham Sinclair of the Chicago Police Department. When he asks her to come because "it has started again," Claudia, now known as Ivy Dunlap, knows she must go back and help to catch the man who destroyed her life and kill
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
My View:
“The mind is such an amazing universe.”

I was drawn to this book by the amazing cover art and discovered a fantastic police procedural/psychological thriller. This book has great pacing, in-depth character development, a creepy villain and protagonists you will empathise with and enjoy reading about; I really enjoyed this read.

And the point of difference in this particular read is that the writer acknowledges the pain and effect that being party to a serious crime, whether as a witness,
Becky
Jan 31, 2012 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like a good crime thriller, and this was a good one. Not great, but good. A few times I had to think if I'd read this book another time before because certain parts of it I was experiencing deja vu. I got the book for free via amazon.com so I'm not going to be complaining about the price.

Main character Ivy Dunlap is the only survivor of a serial killer known as the Madonna Murderer, who inexplicably stopped murdering after the attack on Ivy (then Claudia) and has been in remission for 16 year
Marley
Jul 28, 2013 Marley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ALthough this is is probably considered a thriller, I found Hugh more creepy than thrilling. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the book, though. Serial killer books are almost always "interesting" but this one particularly so since our crazy bad guy murders unmarried mothers with newborn boys. And I mean newborn--like a couple days old. He brutally murders the women and sorta, kinda kills the babies in a kindly loving manner. Obviously, he has Mother Issues. And boy, does he have a Mother. The ch ...more
Lorrie
Nov 28, 2014 Lorrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story revolves around a serial killer stalking Chicago, IL. The killer was murdering mothers and their infant sons. One mother, unbeknownst to him, survived and had been given a new identity and a new home. After a hiatus of 16 years, the murders started again and this mom was asked by the Chicago PD to join the team that was trying to apprehend the killer they called the "Madonna Murderer". I found this story intriguing and well-written and I read through it quickly. Great read!

I received
Erin
Sep 12, 2014 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
ARC for review (re-issue)

There's a madman on the loose in Chicago - he targets single mothers and their newborn sons. He's been dormant for sixteen years, but now he's back. Homicide Detective Max Irving is charged with the case and, to his chagrin, he's saddled with Ivy Dunlap, a Canadian who has written a book about symbolic murder...and who also has a secret.

This was a perfectly serviceable thriller which kept me turning pages, despite the adherence to the fairly standard formula - perfect ai
Paula
Oct 16, 2012 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book. The story progressed at a good pace. Written from the point of view of several characters, but was never confusing as to who was speaking. Explained some back story of all the people. Didn't give all the details, just enough to reel you in. Very glad it wasn't overdone in detail. Ending was good. Answered questions without giving up too much. Only complaint was the number of editorial errors. But it was a free Kindle book and I'm finding there are many errors in these free book ...more
Amy Wofford
Sep 17, 2016 Amy Wofford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda slow ....

This book took a long time to get real good. The author focused a lot on the characters instead of moving the story along. The real good fast paced stuff didn't happen until the last two chapters! Ugh. I can't believe I held on.
Merry
Oct 13, 2016 Merry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty predictable.
Quite a good story, if you like psychological thrillers: a very sick serial killer attacks unmarried women and their baby boys. Some really scary moments at the end.
Danielle
Aug 27, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up on a whim...and couldn't put it down! It catches at your heart from the very begining and goes from there!!
Emily
Oct 15, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this free on Amazon and didn't expect much. It was super creepy and so well written I ate it up. Loved this book.
Angel R
Aug 26, 2008 Angel R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I loved every minute of it and couldn't put it down. I always kept me wondering what was going to happen next and I felt like if I put it down I'd miss out on something!
Steve Gupta
Nice serial killer drama
Leilani
Expected more.
  • Sandman
  • Irrefutable
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Easy Innocence (Georgia Davis, #1)
  • Two Graves: A Kesle City Homicide Novel
  • Grave Situation (Allan Stanton #1)
  • Legwork
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Plain Jane: Brunettes Beware (Harbinger Mystery, #1)
  • A World I Never Made
  • Killing Hope (Gabe Quinn #1)
  • Night Corridor
  • Protector
  • Asylum Lake
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • Fifth Avenue (Fifth Avenue #1)
  • The Philanthropist's Danse
Anne Frasier (a.k.a. Theresa Weir) is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirty-plus books and numerous short stories that have spanned the genres of suspense, mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal, fantasy, and memoir. During her award-winning career, she's written for Penguin Putnam, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins Publishers, Bantam Books/Random House, Silhouett ...more
More about Anne Frasier...

“Socrates said the perfect society would be based on a great lie. People would be told that lie from the cradle, and they would believe it, because human beings need to make order out of chaos.” 8 likes
“He expected too much from people, that was the problem, Ethan thought. He expected too much from life.” 7 likes