Start by marking “Hasta la Vista, Lola! (A Lola Cruz Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Hasta la Vista, Lola! (A Lola Cruz Mystery #2)
Preview

Hasta la Vista, Lola! (Lola Cruz Mystery #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  15 reviews
When Lola comes home to her parents’ house to find a horde of relatives mourning her death, no one is more surprised than she is. The news had reported that one Lola Cruz, PI was found murdered in an alley, causing great alarm in the Cruz family. Before Lola can say “boo,” a cop comes to the house. It turns out the dead woman had a driver’s license with Lola’s information. ...more
Published February 2nd 2010 by Minotaur Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hasta la Vista, Lola!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hasta la Vista, Lola!

Richard
Mar 20, 2010 Richard rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Richard by: I read a review
A weak mystery whose solution you will figure out in about 20 pages, but the super sleuth and her group of helpers require several days and lots of pages.

The setting, Sacramento, CA is nice for a change from the usual California haunts where murders occur. I would have liked more local information, such as its use as a deep water port almost 80 miles from San Francisco.

A cute twist Ms. Ramirez, who is an Anglo married to a Mexican man, uses is to salt the dialogue with lots of Spanish 101 words
Gail
Dolores Cruz has just finished up a divorce case in her PI business and is ready to be assigned to the next when she finds out that she is dead. Or rather a woman who was killed in an alleyway in Sacramento has stolen her identity. Lola investigates why and how her identity was stolen, in the middle of being romanced (or not) by the sexy childhood crush Jack Calahan and working her family's Mexican restaurant.

Mystery is good, the characters are great. The sexual tension between her and Jack is
Kristin
Hasta la Vista, Lola! could have been called My Big Fat Mexican Mystery—because it has the same mix of culture, family drama, and romance as Nia Vardalos’s charming Greek chick flick (with plenty of mystery and suspense thrown in for extra flavor).

Read the full review at http://www.nightsandweekends.com/arti...
Dolores
This was kind of like a Stephanie Plum, only Latina family. Good mystery, but the romance was too much like Plum. I may read another one--light reading.
Melliane
Mon avis en Français

My English review

Ah this book… I read the first one a while ago. I bought the second once I finished it in fact and it’s true that I decided it was a good thing to start it now that I have some time.

We thus find Lola, our beloved heroine who is still struggling to manage her relationship with Jack and who does not really know how to deal with everything that is happening. I must say that the more they try to create something, the more problems arise, raising doubts in Dolores
nuncamais
the family was cute. i loved reading about them. however the romance was way too lust-based for me to believe there is anything there besides a spark and the "real love" lola keeps thinking it might be. the jealousy between them got out of hand to the point where she couldn't even call her boss to update him on the fact that she wasn't dead and jack was already getting mad. at what i don't know because he isn't technically lola's boyfriend at the time. lola's insecurities and jealousy also got o ...more
Susan
Dolores (Lola) Cruz is back, working for handsome but forbidding private investigator Manny Camacho, and trying to resolve her attraction to newspaperman Jack Callaghan. She wants to concentrate on office gossip, but the death of a woman gives her something very personal to investigate. Jack is willing to help her, but he won't come clean about romantic entanglements in his past. Meanwhile, Lola's grandfather wants her to find out what's wrong in her cousin's marriage.
Pamsholley
Lola is funny. A PI who learns someone has stolen her identity and been killed, but her family thinks their Lola is the dead one. She sets out to investigate, aided [?:] by Jack Callaghan, a newspaper reporter who she'd love to jump in bed with, but who has a bipolar ex-girlfriend. Book ends with Lola solving identity problem, but she prepares to meet Sarah, the bipolar ex. Talk about a cliff hanger ending!
Jessica F
I really wanted to like this book. But the heroine Lola is annoyingly insecure, and too much time is devoted to her fears that her love-interest Jack is interested in someone, anyone else. Get over it!
It was a huge distraction to the book, to the point where I don't even want to finish it.
Franchesca Guerrero
Jun 05, 2012 Franchesca Guerrero rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mariel Suarez
Really fun book to read. Lola is hardworking, inquisitive and sexy!
She is a latina who is feisty and loves her family. A lot like me, I thought it was very humorous and would read it again.
Candace
I think it was ok. Could have been better because I figured out a quarter of the way through. I like Robert B. Parker better.
Carrie
You need to have seen the first one to follow, but luckily I did. But what's going to happen with J?
Melissa
Cute, fast read. Helps you learn a little practical spanish!
Leslie
This book is clever, witty, and fun. A pleasure read.
Phyl
i would give this a 4.5/5 .... enjoying this series!
Pamela
Pamela is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Melissa Oyler
Melissa Oyler marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Debbie Byrd
Debbie Byrd marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Jennie Seaman
Jennie Seaman marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Shannon Tucker
Shannon Tucker marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
  • December Dread
  • A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3)
  • The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery #0.5)
  • Physical Education (A Murder 101 Mystery #6)
  • The Cat Sitter's Pajamas (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery #7)
  • Murder Melts in Your Mouth (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7)
  • Some Like It Hot (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #3)
  • Bowled Over (A Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #2)
  • India Black and the Gentleman Thief (Madame of Espionage, #4)
  • Fruit of All Evil (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #2)
  • Yours, Mine, and Ours (Cadence Jones, #2)
  • The Paris Affair (Charles & Mélanie Fraser, #6)
  • Verse of the Vampyre (Poetic Death Mystery, #2)
  • The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow Mystery, #1)
  • Once in a Blue Moon: A Novel
1911502
Melissa Bourbon, who sometimes answers to her Latina-by-marriage name Misa Ramirez, gave up teaching middle and high school kids in Northern California to write full-time amidst horses and Longhorns in North Texas. She fantasizes about spending summers writing in quaint, cozy locales, has a love/hate relationship with yoga and chocolate, is devoted to her family, and can’t believe she’s lucky enou ...more
More about Melissa Bourbon Ramirez...

Lola Cruz Mystery (3 books)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • Bare-Naked Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #3)
Deceiving the Witch Next Door The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery #0.5) Pleating for Mercy (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #1) Deadly Patterns (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #3) Sacrifice of Passion