Start by marking “Succubus Nights (Georgina Kincaid, #2)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Nights (Georgina Kincaid, #2)

Succubus Nights (Georgina Kincaid #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  22,860 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews

Georgina Kincaid's job sucks. Literally.

Love hurts, and no one knows it better than Georgina Kincaid. If she so much as kisses her new boyfriend, she'll drain his life force. Georgina is a succubus-a demon who draws her power from other men's pleasure. Admittedly, the shapeshifting and immortality perks are terrific, and yes, Georgina did choose to join the ranks of hell

Published September 4th 2008 by Transworld Digital (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Succubus Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Succubus Nights

Ash Wednesday
01.24.14 The Buddy re-Read continues! Woohoo!

Georgina Kincaid can:

A. Eat endangered baby seals for breakfast
B. Cripple Benedict Cumberbatch ending Sherlock Mid-season
C. Kidnap Susan Ee to keep her from finishing Angelfall
D. Hoard every gram of coffee in the world
E. All of the above

AND I'D STILL LOVE HER.

---------------------------

4 STARS
"You had your heart broken much?"
He paused. "Of course. Everyone does. Part of life."
"Tell me her name. I'll kick her ass. I don't want anyone hurting you."

HOW
Tatiana
Although I am a little bit disappointed in Georgina (I'll elaborate later), this book still deserves 4 stars.

In the second book of the series Georgina continues her adventures. Her close friend and fellow incubus Bastien is visiting and needs her help in seducing a conservative figure; Doug is involved with some strange people and acts unlike himself; finally, Georgina now has a mortal boyfriend with whom she can't be intimate.

Once again, Richelle Mead delivers engaging and entertaining story,
Emily May

Pamela
Jun 03, 2008 Pamela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans
Wow. I really liked the first book in this series, Succubus Blues, but I didn't expect this one to exceed the first. Succubus On Top is great. It's funny, it's sexy, it's a good mystery, the characters are very likable... I can't praise this book enough.

We first met Georgina Kincaid, a succubus living in Seattle, in Succubus Blues. Aside from being a temptress employed by Hell, Georgie is an assistant manager at a local bookstore. In this book, she meets up with a very old friend, an incubus sh
Marga

I took down half of my drink in one gulp. “Sometimes I look around, and I can’t believe this is my life.”

OKAY. That was really weird. It was an entertaining book but I don't know. It lacked something to make my heart race. I mean we're dealing with something dark here. The evil forces are not very... well scary for me.

Georgina's relationship with Seth is really unrealistic. I mean, yeah I know, SETH is freaking perfect and he wasn't doormat but I still can't believe he can forgive THAT easil
Sue
Kim
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I LOVE RICHELLE MEAD!!!

Mead is one of my favourite authors. I absolutely love her voice. Whether she writes YA or UF, she’s able to capture me entirely until I flip that last page. It’s amazing how quickly I can devour one of her novels, and it’s almost unfair since she spends so much time writing them!

Succubus on Top is the second book in the Georgina Kincaid series and I loved it! Seth and Georgie are in a stable relationship, one where they go on romantic dates, spend time with Seth’s family
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*

I won't lie. The beginning of the book brought back memories of a certain movie...

But let's not make this all about Georgie and Seth. Doug's been acting weird lately and Georgie's old friend, Bastien, is in town for a special mission requiring her assistance.

Ugh. Who am I kidding. I don't want to talk about Doug and Bastien. I caught on to their problems way before Georgie figured it out. What I really, really want to talk about is my problem with how the whole thing with (view spoiler
Kimba
This series is quirky and riddled with humor as our beloved succubus Georgina Kincaid attempts to have a relationship with author Seth, fulfill her duties as a succubus and handle her day job at a local bookstore in downtown Seattle.

In Succubus on Top, Georginabecomes concerned when her co-worker Doug’s behavior changes and thinks there may be something supernatural at work. Bastien, her best friend and alluring incubus needs her help corrupting a conservative talk show host and her relationship
Yvenande
Actually 4.5 Stars for the awesomeness that is Seth Mortensen

This is the second book in the Georgina Kincaid series. Georgina is a succubus, which by definition means she has to have sex to survive, who is in love with a mortal. Unfortunately, their relationship has to be a chaste one because if Georgina makes love with him, she will suck the life out of him until he's dead. This is the premise for what is one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever read; why, because they can't have sex.
Leah
Sue (YAHollywood)
Actual Rating: 3.8 Stars

Succubus on Top is not engaging as Succubus Blues but still theres the occasional moment of brilliance, funny dialogue, agonizing sexual tension between Georgina and Seth (Sobs, I literally cried again) & interesting mythology references. I wholly appreciate that in the past two books Richelle Mead emphasized a massive and healthy views about sexuality, feminism and a bunch of important talks.
Bailey
“I want pancakes.”
“What? Right now?”
“No. For breakfast.”
“Oh.” He yawned. “You’d better get up early then.”
“Me? I’m not going to make them.”
“Yeah?” His sleepy voice carried mock sympathy. “Who’s going to make them for you then?”
“You are.”
“Am I? You think I’m going to make you pancakes? Is that how you think it’s going to be?"
"You’re so good at it,” I whined. “Besides, if you do, I’ll sit on the counter in a short robe while you cook.”
His soft laughter segued into another yawn. “Oh. Well then.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-read with Ash Wednesday, Bailey and Tandie:

This is a series that deserves a re-read. Wow the extra stuff I picked up the second time through. Let's just say that while I really was sure where the story line was going I definitely missed some of the biggest hints the first time through.

Seth is still my favorite Beta book boyfriend, Georgina could do almost anything, including but not limited to stealing my husband, and I'd still love her, Bastien can rot in hell or Omaha, Carter is my bright s
Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss
Mar 07, 2015 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss by: Nereyda Gonzalez
Shelves: mead-vember

Georgina Kincaid series Reading Order

"I'm a succubus. My entire existence relies on making people - men in particular - believe and see what they want in me. I can switch from simpering virgin to sultry dominatrix in a heartbeat. All it takes is a bit of shape-shifting and a dash of playacting."

Succubus on Top was a phenomenal follow-up up to Succubus Blues. I am so in love with the Georgina Kincaid series and I'm only two books into the series. The characters and the storyline are
Kat Kennedy
Succubus on Top is a solid, positive continuation of the Georgina Kincaid series.

It continues the adventures of Georgina Kincaid and her immortal demon world. Old friends are back for this second installment. The plot was better executed in this version.

The character of Georgina continues to break the stereotypical puritanical mold that most romantic fiction adheres to and yet remain likable.

As always, the writing is witty, interesting and well crafted.
28/12 - Really Georgina, drugs?! I am so disappointed in you. The alcohol in Succubus Blues was bad enough, but now you're smoking marijuana? *sighs and shakes her head in disgust* Besides my annoyance with her behaviour I'm surprised that alcohol or drugs would effect her anyway. She's immortal, which I would take to mean that she doesn't need to eat or drink, or breathe and that drugs (and other stimulants) would do nothing to her body. I don't really understand why Mead wrote that scene in. M ...more
P.A. Lupton
Even better than the last. On to the next, this series is addictive.
Shannon
ugh stupid Maddie we dont like her...
Mimi Smith
4 stars

It's always the hardest for me to write reviews for UF's, excepting the 1st book. I feel like I've said it all, already. I thought it was fair to bump this book up, rating-wise, compared to the last one. Mainly because Richelle Mead has me, well and truly hooked. As to the rest, it's pretty unchanged. I love Seth, the angel/demon pair, the world, I'm still unsure about Georgina because she keeps making the same mistakes. I like that she's not a perfect character, but...I don't know. I'm w
Steven Peterson
I can't believe that I am reviewing this book. I am an academic political scientist. But I find Richelle Mead's books in the Georgina Kincaid series irresistible. I read the first in the series because a couple Amazon Friends whose reviews I respect a great deal spoke well of that book. I read and enjoyed--and against all odds--reviewed that work. And when I discovered that a second book had been published, I found myself eager to read it. And, in some ways, I think that this is even better than ...more
Beth F.
Great title. Good start. I almost gave it four stars. But then the stupid ending happened and I downgraded to three.

I like Georgina Kincaid. And it’s weird because she’s a life force stealing succubus who sucks off other women’s boyfriends in order to survive and under normal circumstances I wouldn’t be okay with that. She is also a creature of hell and even though I’m certainly not a candidate for Christian of the Year due to my love of cursing, acceptance of premarital sexcapades and the fact
Lady Heather
excellent!..love Georgina!
Favorite scene:
The Set Up: Bastien is trying to capture on film the seduction of a fanatical religious group leader named Dana. He is living next door to Dana. Bastien and Georgina decide to do a little 'covert op' by turning invisible, and breaking into her home to see if they can find any evidence they can use against her. While in Dana's home, her teenage son Reese returns home with some friends to smoke some pot. The boys go outside to smoke, and Bastien steals the
Leea
Richelle Mead has built a whole new world with her Georgina Kincaid Series and I've fallen in love with the simple complexities of it. You know when you read a series and the author spends a lot of the time recapping what happened from the previous books... somehow Mead has found a way to incorporate past information into the present without the reader getting board. I read this book in a day and could not put it down, that's not easy to do with 2 small children.

I find Georgina's character to b
valee
I really loved the ending, but the rest of the book, not so much...

There were a lot of thing that just could't caught up my attention; things like the drug issue, or this friend, Sebastian. I don't know, I just got bored in more than half of the book. It wasn't bad, just not as good as other books I gave 4 stars. I enjoyed much more the first book.

I missed to hear more about the angels and the demons as we do in the first book. Also every time her friends appeared, It felt forced.

And the fact t
Anna~nose in book with a jealous Husband~
Well, well...in true Richelle Mead style, the more into her series' you read the better the story gets :) I loved Seth and Georgina in this book, better than the first. I admire his understanding and loyalty. And Im also relieved that she does feel quilt for what she must do.

I also really enjoyed Georgina and Bastien's friendship. How they have been friends for centuries and have a close relationship and can depend upon one another. He was a very nice addition to this book.

And, not to mention th
~Tina~
I'm kinda mad at what Georgina did and I think Seth is to dame good to be true, but I still thought this book was great.
Lots of sweet moments to make up for a few scenes I didn't care for, like the Dana thing, but I guess it's in it's own right it turned out to be a eh..funny twist.
Bastien was a good character to shake things up, I liked him even though I didn't care for his stunt, I still thought he was a fun role and hopefully we might see him again in future books.

Having a blast with these bo
Zemira Warner
Jun 23, 2011 Zemira Warner rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of adult urban-fantasy
"This is going to be hard," he observed.
"It already looks hard to me."

Nothing has changed since Succubus Blues;Georgina is still a horn-dog,Seth is still a doormat,Jerome is still a John Cusack look-alike,Doug is chirpy almost all of the time except for that short period when he was on relapse from that red crystal thing.
Samantha

I really like Georgina since she's kind of badass, and even though she plays on Team Evil, she's really a good person. But damn, home girl makes some bad decisions sometimes! I forgive her though, since she is pretty much awesomesauce.

Also... Seth, I wish you were a real boy.
Alternative Health Home Remedies 1 8 Oct 21, 2014 11:42PM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, #2)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3)
  • Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

“I want pancakes.”

“What? Right now?”

“No. For breakfast.”

“Oh.” He yawned. “You’d better get up early then.”

“Me? I’m not going to make them.”

“You are.”

"You’re so good at,” I whined. “Besides, if you do, I’ll sit on the counter in a short robe while you cook.”

His soft laughter segued into another yawn. “Oh. Well then.” He kissed my ear again. “Maybe I’ll make you pancakes.”
98 likes
“If not for me being stoned and clinging to a taco, it would have been terribly romantic.” 92 likes