Start by marking “Aliens for Lunch” as Want to Read:
Aliens for Lunch

Aliens for Lunch

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It's been ten years since Richard Bickerstaff sat down to breakfast and an
alien climbed out of his cereal bowl! Join Richard and Aric, a tiny,
wisecracking creature from the planet Ganoob, as they battle to save the world
from evil aliens in "Aliens for Breakfast," "Aliens for Lunch," and
"Aliens for Dinner." We're reissuing the trilogy with brand-new covers
sporting a space
Published April 9th 1991 by Turtleback Books (first published April 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens for Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens for Lunch

Drew
This was one of those books that shaped my childhood, made me dream about little spacemen coming out of my afternoon snacks and taking me on wild intergallactic space adventures. Basic premise? Kids fight aliens. Need I say more?

Very tongue and cheek (and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible). I remember really liking the pictures (those black and white sketches that take up a page). Whoever did the artwork gave the characters a lot of personality and life, and I probably wouldn't
Brandi
In this quick, short chapter book great for transitional readers, Richard Bickerstaff and his alien friend Aric, along with Richard's human friend Henry, are back to save the Earth, this time from an eternity of bad desserts. After the boys are taken prisoners on another planet and forced to eat a disgusting lunch in the alien jail, they must escape and thwart the greedy, hostile Graxians foul plan for intergalactic war. Illustrated.
Andrew Foster
Grade Level: 3rd to 5th

This was a very easy read. The plot is simple; two young boys help an alien save dessert which in turn prevents Earth from being attacked. The book has some humor and interesting one-liners. I can see this book keeping students interest.

There is not much to the book, but I could use it to cover the components of a story: setting, characters, plot, and theme. The book contains dialogue as well. I could integrate the concepts of science fiction into teaching about the compon
Carol
This is a sequel of Aliens for Breakfast.

The title suggests rooms for imagination for kids - like aliens coming out of sandwiches and drink and take them on a journey to the universe. Yet I am too old to be into the story. I can hardly find it funny.

Why do I read it? I read it for the classroom.

I guess we can ask students to write another sequel for the story - like Aliens for Brunch, Aliens for teatime, Aliens for appetizer, Aliens on the Menu, Aliens for Snacks, Aliens for Tea At Midnight, A
Rachael Caisedo
This is a really cute book for second or third grade students. It is a great book for introducing the Science Fiction genre. For a classroom lesson I would do a character analysis because a lot of detail is given about the characters in the book. I would have students complete a Venn Diagram, comparing and contrasting the characters. Then, I would have them write a short descriptive essay about a character of their choice.
Megan
This fun book about saving the Earth's desserts, is a funny and very entertaining story about a human family stuck in an alien world. The main characters are stuck in an alien jail, forced to eat bad desserts that is alien food. This is a charming story that children will love.
Violet Goldberg
I just don't like aliens and I don't really want to read this book.
Kelly
A fun adventure. A really easy read. A good one for book reports.
Laura Brownlee
My 7 year old enjoyed this series (breakfast lunch and dinner).
Jonathan
Why did I read this. It's as stupid as it sounds.
Kimberly
super fun read-aloud with the kids!
Nicholas Moebus
Nicholas Moebus marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Naomi Moffitt
Naomi Moffitt marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Brenda
Brenda added it
Nov 17, 2014
Qwendy
Qwendy added it
Nov 19, 2014
Diego Cordova
Diego Cordova marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014