Start by marking “Udødelig: Kærlighedshistorier med bid” as Want to Read:
Udødelig: Kærlighedshistorier med bid

Udødelig: Kærlighedshistorier med bid (Evernight 0.5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  4,575 ratings  ·  282 reviews
Otte forrygende noveller om vampyrer, liv og død, venskab og kærlighed af genrens bedste forfattere.

Udvalgt, redigeret og med forord af P.C. Cast, der selv ligger på bestsellerlisterne med sine vampyrfortællinger.

Hjemsøgt kærlighed af Cynthia Leitich Smith: Tre mørke hemmeligheder afsløres i mødet mellem en vampyr, et menneske og et spøgelse.

Gylden røg af Kristin Cast: En
Published May 26th 2011 by Forlaget Iris (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Udødelig, please sign up.

AryaTheFangirl She wrote a short stories that is included in this anthology.

Arlene
Immortal is an anthology of seven stories all revolving around vampires. Overall, it was entertaining, but there were some I enjoyed more than others. I liked how P.C. Cast provided a prologue that dived into the whole vampire phenomenon and explored the allure people have with vampires. She talks about how vampires represent immortality, youth and the possibility of forever, which is what most people find attractive because when it comes right down to it biting and blood is just gross, so there ...more
Jamie
The book is a bunch of short stories. Some were really good but all were decent. P.C. Cast did a good job getting a variety of different stories. My only complaint is the title. Many of the stories had little romance (just some attraction) or love. But just a small detail. Below are my thoughts on each story individually.

1) Haunted Love by Cynthia L Smith. This was a story about a newly turned vampire who kills his uncle and starts to run a small theater. The theater is haunted by a ghost named
Hilda
Apr 30, 2010 Hilda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: momo, zaizai
Shelves: anthology
Unexpectedly amazing.

As Richelle Mead's big fan, I read this anthology in hope of finding another good story from her.

And well, I find more.

Only God knows that I will fall in a story about Siren. Oh, and a Muse girl. The ending is, wow. Find it yourself on Rachel Vincent's story: Binge.

Blue Moon from Richelle Mead amazes me like I have thought. Famed by her Vampire Academy series, Richelle Mead makes another vampire story in this anthology. It's a good story, even without strigoi stalking.

As P.C
Heather
From Amazon: "In Immortal: Love Stories With Bite, edited by New York Times bestselling author of the House of Night series P.C. Cast, eight of today's most popular YA vampire and contemporary fantasy authors offer new short stories that prove that when you're immortal, true love really is forever."

I have found that I am not a fan of short stories. First, I get frustrated that when the story is just getting good, it ends. I don't get enough detail, enough character development, enough plot. Seco
Shirley
Immortal is an anthology of 8 short stories.

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith 3/5 stars.
Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast 4/5 stars.
Dead Man Stalking by Rachel Caine 4/5 stars.
Table Manners by Tanith Lee 5/5 stars.
Blue Moon by Richelle Mead 5/5 stars.
Changed by Nancy Holder 3/5 stars.
Binge by Rachel Vincent 4/5 stars.
Free by Claudia Gray 3/5 stars.

In total 31/40 = 3.8/5
Lauren
Dreck! Sheer and utter dreck. And proof positive that just because you're an NYT bestselling author does not mean you should be let within spitting distance of an editor's pen or (this being the 21st century) keyboard. I am sorry to P.C. Cast fans, but a 10 year old could have done a better job of editing this book than she did. Half of the stories never should have made it into this book. They either weren't romance at all, or had almost no romance in them whatsoever. In one, the guy dies at th ...more
Christy
Jan 26, 2015 Christy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans
Recommended to Christy by: Shirley
Haunted Love ~ ~ Cynthia Leitich Smith

I wasn’t sure about this story at first it was slow but I loved Cody. I was shocked by the end of the story and it was nice to be surprised by who the bad guy or rather girl was. I was happy that Sonia was the one that got to stay with Cody. He deserved to be happiness after what his life had dealt him. I’d rate it 5/5 stars.

Amber Smoke ~ ~ Kristin Cast

Jenna was thrown into a new world one night when she was going to a party. She was late and saw a guy at a
Corina
So far so good. I would have been finished with this book the day after I got it in the mail if I had a solid couple of hours to sit there and read. :-) Check it out!
♏argot  (The Bookworm Experiment)
This review also appears on my blog, The Bookworm Experiment

Rating: 3 stars

List of short stories featured:

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - 3 stars
Didn't see that coming, but I knew there was something off about the new girl. The main character was a bit cheesy what with the I-can-catch-the-girl-before-she-falls-even-though-she's-so-far-away super speed thingy, plus the fact there were moments he was like "OMG flesh, blood yummm OMG I can be so dangerous near her". Definitely, Cody loo
Tasha
Ok first of all, I'm kind of ticked off because I got this book at Borders as a 'Borders Exclusive', and now there's a regular edition out that's being sold at Barnes & Noble, and IT has an extra story in it.

There are 7 short stories in this book:
Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - She also wrote another of my favorite books, Tantalize, but I'm not so sure how I feel about this short story - I think it's a little too much for my imagination. It's about a vampire who loves a ghost - how
Milena March
Oct 30, 2010 Milena March rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire lovers, fans of supernatural romance
Angela
Bitten by some stories, untouched by others

In IMMORTAL: LOVE STORIES WITH BITE, editor P. C. Cast brings together eight short stories about the everlasting kiss, the bite of a vampire, from some of the most popular young adult paranormal authors today, including Kristin Cast, Richelle Mead, and Rachel Vincent, among others.

Similar to other anthologies, IMMORTAL was a great way to experience the style and writing of multiple different authors in only one book, and it was easy to pick up and read
Izlinda
I started this book yesterday because this book is due this Thursday and I found out someone put a hold on it. I wouldn't want someone to wait for a book longer than they already have to!

"Haunted Love" by Cynthia Leitich Smith -- I've never heard of her before, but I liked this story. The narrator tries to open the old movie cinema in his town, but it is haunted. Some chaos ensues but nothing bad. I thought it a good way to start the anthology.

"Amber Smoke" by Kristin Cast - I've heard of Kris
Lexie
An earlier version of this book was published by Borders (or at least for Borders) exclusively sold within their stores. However for this new edition a new story was added by Rachel Vincent.

"Haunted Love" Cynthia Leitch Smith
There's more at stake (get it? at stake? vampires? work with me people) in this story then a love triangle. There's a decades old murder and hiding your true self and learning to move on from bad experiences. I admit I did not see the twist coming at all and I enjoyed the 'r
Elke
Jan 18, 2009 Elke rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire (Romance) Teen Literature
I am not a big fan of short stories, but from time to time I give them a try, plus they are convenient to read as a stopgap (is that the right english word? My dictionary said so...).

As with all anthologies, some stories are outstanding, others are extremely bad and the rest is somewhere in between. These three stories I enjoyed most:

"Blue Moon" by Richelle Mead: never read this author before, but the story was quite impressing, it was thrilling and original and the writing was very good. A true
CorLostForWords

1. Haunted Love - Cynthia Leitich Smith. Interesting premise, had some good twists to it. Good story though it didn't quite keep me 100% captivated. 3/5

2. Amber Smoke - Kristin Cast. I like this author. I thought this story was poorly executed. It had great potential, but I disliked the main character, and thought everything was poorly explained (MC's reactions to her situation). 2/5

3. Dead Man Stalking - Rachel Caine. A good background story for Shane. Loved this one, and was happy to see Shane
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Kathy Davie
An anthology of eight stories for Young Adults revolving around the theme of immortality and love.

Series
"Dead Man Stalking" (Morganville Vampires, 4.6)
"Free" (Evernight, 0.5)

The Stories
Cynthia Leitich Smith's "Haunted Love" starts vague and slowly lets drop tidbits of truth. It's very well done as we slowly discover the truth about Cody Stryker and then Ginny Augustine, and finally,

Kristin Cast's "Amber Smoke" is imaginative and dorky. I felt like I was being jerked back and forth between possi
Dan Keating
Let me start off by saying that yes, I'm that guy that read this book and kind of regrets it and kind of doesn't want to admit it; but I also revel in doing things that people think are beneath me, and I'm a firm believer in finding jewels sprinkled in the heaping piles of horseshit that the modern culture industry drowns us in, so yes, I'll admit publicly that I read this book. Fuck you.

Now that that's out the way, as per my usual preference, I'm going to take the review story-by-story.

"Haunted

Binge- Rachel Vincent: 5 stars

Free- Claudia Grey: 3 stars
Patrícia C.
« 1º conto : Amor de Fantasma, Cynthia Leitich Smith

Antes de mais, diga-se que gostei deste conto. Mas não foi nada de especial .. Sim, não estava à espera do final, mas acho que foi um pouco exagerado, enfim.
Este conto, conta a história de Cody, um jovem vampiro que vive na deserta cidade de Texas. Tudo está normal, até que Ginny chega à cidade e o seu pai assume o cargo de Presidente da Câmara. Ginny decide ajudar Cody a restaurar o velho cinema, que tem a fama de estar assombrado, por várias
Sabine
I really enjoyed Richelle Meads short story. I wish she would make it a book/series. :) Anyway - This is a great book for fans of the authors and vampires.
Jessica
This was a quick read. I liked about half of the stories. My favorites were Richelle Mead's Blue Moon, and Rachel Vincent's Binge.
Ashley
This was a book of short stories, all were well written, but I'll rank them from best to last in my opinion.
1. Free- Claudia Gray (reminded me of the Originals. <3)
2. Blue Moon- Richelle Mead (STRONG female lead)
3. Amber Smoke- Kristin Cast (who doesn't love Greek mythology?)
4. Binge- Rachel Vincent (sirens & muses. CHARMED!)
5. Dead Man Stalking- Rachel Caine (funny in a dark humor/cunning way)
6. Table Manners- Tanith Lee (different take on a vampire's mindset)
7. Changed- Nancy Holder
Erin
Enjoyed the stories and like I thought, I'm a huge fan of anything written by Richelle Mead.
♡Ann  Matalines♡
I'm here for Claudia Gray.

The story of Patrice which will become the nemesis in Evernight. The thing in this series is the heroine ALWAYS assume that their 'boyfriend' would love to be a vampire so that they will be together forever. It is clearly stupid and delusional. Anyways, after she failed to persuade her 'beloved' to be married (the reason is foolish) she moved on to her next prospect for about 5 minutes lapse. Good for her.
Brenda
I liked it! But the stories weren't enough.I found myself wanting more of the charters.
 Marla
Nice twist of making a team (view spoiler)

Sounds like it is a different world than the Vampire Academy world of dhampirs a
Victoria
Originally posted at Revenge of the Feels

The reason for giving this book 5 stars is actually very simple: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Yes, this book of short stories is one of the best book ever. It is filled with characters that will have you swooning and cheering for them!

I actually bought this book on impulse, basically because I was attracted to the cover. So yes, it has been quite some time, at least a good 4-5 years since I bought and read this book. Know this: I didn't know any of the authors when I sta
Marlee
This overall was a fantastic collection of vampire stories! I loved each story for it's individuality and the creativity of the settings and characters!

I loved P.C Cast's introduction, it was quite enlightening and made so many fantastic points!

I had never actually read any of Cynthia Leitich Smith's until I read "Haunted Love", and I have to say that I loved her writing. The story was interesting and was a perfect opening to the book!

Kristen Cast's "Amber Smoke" was amazing! I love her work and
Kristen Cast as a singular author? 2 7 Dec 10, 2012 01:13AM
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.6)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Love Is Hell
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Prom Nights from Hell
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
P.C. Cast was born in the Midwestern United States, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. With her tour in the USAF completed, she taught high school for 15 years before retirin ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Evernight (5 books)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Afterlife (Evernight, #4)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
Marked (House of Night #1) Betrayed: a House of Night Novel (House of Night, #2) Untamed: A House of Night Novel (House of Night #4) Chosen: A House of Night Novel (House of Night #3) Hunted: A House of Night Novel (House of Night, #5)