What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In WHAT IS HE THINKING??, Rebecca interviews a range of men from high-profile types to the guys next door, men that every woman can relate to. Although the interviews focus on single guys ages 20-35, Rebecca also includes words of wisdom from older mentors she respects who have been successfully married for years, such as her dad, life coach, and pastor.

The men share their...more
Published September 26th 2011 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about What Is He Thinking??, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Is He Thinking??

Krystal
This is a shockingly informative book for being so slim (approximately 151 pages). There are 8 chapters, each dedicated to a certain quality that is commonly thought of in dating (flirting, body image, God and guys, etc...). The author utilizes true stories about her own and others' dating experiences to help the reader understand her point. She asks men questions and provides the reader with their honest answers. In the novel, she is very persuasive concerning her views. This book is very conce...more
Shantelle Mary
So... to tell the truth, I was greatly disappointed in this book. I've read Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James, listened to some of her music, watched a movie she played in (Sarah's Choice), saw her modest dress... and admired her. This book by her, What is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage, totally threw me off. I was confused. I was disturbed. I didn't really know what to think. Here's some major negatives that stood out to me:
"If you're anything like me,...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
In her book, What Is He Thinking?? Rebecca St. James touches on a particular subject all of us women are curious about: what are guys thinking about?! Especially in the context of what they think and how they feel about dating, love, and women all together. With honesty and genuine curiosity, Rebecca describes her interviews with single, and married males from all walks of life, and also tells her readers about her personal experiences in the world of dating. Rebecca also touches on true stories...more
Erika
In What is He Thinking??, Australian born, Grammy Award winning musician and renowned writer Rebecca St. James interviews different men, from high-profile types to the guys next door. Although the interviews focus on single guys ages 20-35, Rebecca also includes words of wisdom from older mentors she respects who have been successfully married for years, people like her dad, life coach, and pastor. The men share their thoughts on topics like how women can respect themselves and the men in their...more
Lynn
"Well... Hmm." That is the state of mind which this book had me in most of the time. While I was really interested in the premise of hearing the opinion of guys on so many issues we girls wonder about (and indeed, enjoyed the insight their answers gave) the overall tone of the book felt non-committal. Like the author was trying to be very, very careful not to step on the toes of anyone whose views on dating and relationships differ from hers.

While I value being respectful of others' views, I thi...more
Kelli
This book has some good practical knowledge, but I do feel like this subject has been covered before by other people. It's a skimmer for me. I did find a few things entertaining or funny or insightful thru out. I liked the book discussing insecurity and forwardness as not being a desirable thing to a guy. All of us need Jesus to fill us over anything else. That message is definitely evident and I liked how honest Rebecca is in her sharing.
Katie W
I really appreciated this book and how it included a great number of quotes / interviews / perspectives. Even though I have not personally met any of the people in the book, for me, it was like getting to listen to some wise advice from friends and mentors who care about wholeheartedly loving God and others and who want to follow God with their lives. It was conversational and easy to read and also gave me a lot to think about and apply.
Sabrina
This book is very insightful for single women. It offers advice in many areas that women might be puzzled about when it comes to the dating scene. She consults men from various backgrounds and even married men. There is a chapter on how to keep God as your focus throughout your dating journey that I found particularly helpful. I will be recommending this book to all of my single christian girlfriends.
Shannon
There was not much advice in this book that we have not all heard at some point; but St. James presented everything in a well written Christian manner. The dialogue was easy to follow and some of the stories were highly amusing.

I recieved this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
This book seemed kind of like a dating manual. It's definitely different from all the books coming out of the courtship camp. I didn't necessarily agree with everything in this book, but it was an enjoyable and quick read that provided some insights and perspectives that were new to me.
Hannah Beck
Rebecca did an excellent job researching her topics and providing young women with real opinions from good guys. I'd recommend it to all young ladies!

This would make a great group study, as well.
Vunta Jariya
Vunta Jariya marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Timothy
Timothy marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Courtney J.
Courtney J. marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Natali
Natali marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Bridgett
Bridgett marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Melissa Hamlett
Melissa Hamlett marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Andrea Castellanos
Andrea Castellanos marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Hailey Nicholas
Hailey Nicholas marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Debora
Debora marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Adrielly Oliveira
Adrielly Oliveira marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Lydia
Lydia is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Rebecca St. James, an Australian-born Christian recording artist, is both a Grammy Award winner and a multiple Dove Award recipient. She is also the bestselling author of Wait for Me, SHE Teen, and What is He Thinking. In addition, St. James has appeared in the film Sarah's Choice and lent her voice to VeggieTales' An Easter Story. www.rsjames.com
More about Rebecca St. James...
Sister Freaks: Stories of Women Who Gave Up Everything for God Wait for Me: Rediscovering the Joy of Purity in Romance The Merciful Scar Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit She: the woman you're made to be