The Zone: A Dietary Road Map

The Zone: A Dietary Road Map

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  8 reviews
DID YOU KNOW THAT EATING FAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FAT?Did you realize that eating fat-free carbohydrates can make you fat? Have you noticed that Americans are getting fatter in spite of eating less fat and more carbohydrates? Enter The Zone and discover the truth about your body's ability to burn fat and how to achieve lasting weight loss, great health, and peak athletic, men...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published January 28th 1999 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 4th 1999)

Lauren
Sears explains the biochemistry of food and its effect on our bodies in an understandable way, and makes the reader re-think what we assume to be healthy eating habits. This book has changed the way I think about what I eat, and I feel better after incorporating some of his ideas into my diet. Following the Zone Diet to a T seems a little complicated, but Sears gets the reader to understand why it is important to follow, and the overall idea is very easy to put into practice.
Brian
Big for crossfitters, I read to learn more about the hype. It's a good alternative to Paleo. Probably closer to what would actually work for me. The author makes a good attempt to simplify what is a very complex set of recommendations, but I still left the book thinking that following the plan outlined would be too much work.
Erica
Apr 13, 2008 Erica rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to improve health
As far as diet books go - this seemed pretty good. Balancing out proteins, fats, & carbs.. it gave me a few new ideas for my trips to the grocery store. (like sticking to the perimeter!)
Kim
Very informative and logical approach to diet. My only complaint is all of the blocking can seem complicated and overwhelming at first
Wylothar
Started reading because its recommended from the crossfit community as is the Paleo Diet which I have already read.
Kimberly
I actually liked teh recipes, and it gave me a lot of energy. I felt healthy, but I can't say I lost any weight.
Jeff Walters
I think this is probably the way to live.
Todd
Good info for those interested in what they eat.
Zach Glickson
Zach Glickson marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Leila Edwards
Leila Edwards marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Ashley Foster
Ashley Foster marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Feb 20, 2014
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Maggie Prater
Maggie Prater marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Dada
Dada added it
Dec 29, 2013
Loren
Loren added it
Nov 18, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Zone: A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently Enter the Zone Mastering the Zone: The Next Step in Achieving SuperHealth and Permanent Fat Loss A Week in the Zone Omega Rx Zone: The Miracle of the New High-Dose Fish Oil