Start by marking “Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)” as Want to Read:
Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)

Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism #2)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  9,295 Ratings  ·  628 Reviews
Jade Bennett couldn't be happier to escape her past for the quiet ranching town of Sunshine, Idaho. Plus, there's nothing like working for veterinarian Dell Connelly. And though Dell has no intention of settling down, Jade's strength and sass are enticements no red-blooded male can resist.
Published October 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Animal Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Attraction

Lisa
Jul 22, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"How is that even possible?" she asked. "How come that's still so...amazing, every single time?"

He was still inside her, and getting hard again. "Animal attraction."

description

Jill Shalvis is my go to author when I want to read something funny, sweet, heart-warming and steamy. Animal Attraction is yet another reason why I love this author. It is the second book in Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series and it is another winner.

Hot playboy who has commitment issues.

description

Sexy office manager who is as guarded as she i
Saly
Aug 30, 2011 Saly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every-time I pick up a Jill Shalvis contemporary, I don't think she can do any better, after all how high can I keep my expectations but I am proved wrong and man am I so glad for it.

Animal Attraction is the second book based in Sunshine, Idaho and this time our yummy hero is Dell, animal and woman whisperer and part owner of the vet clinic Bell Haven. And we get Jade, the one who runs their life and office ever since she showed up eighteen month ago, without any references and a look in the eye
Karla
I was sucked into the Hotness Vortex and I didn’t want to swirl out! Sunshine Idaho here I come. This book and that life are just what I need. Jill Shalvis writes a nice easy going romance. It has you feeling all kinds of good while you’re reading, and happy and content in the end. Dell and Jade were such a fun couple. I enjoyed their playful banter and sizzling romance! Oh, there is the usual thought process going on, does she want me, am I good enough for her and vice versa. There is a little ...more
Erika
Nov 30, 2011 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
parrot-1

Yes I loved Peanut! Peanut was definitely my favorite character in this book! Wait.. was it good if I liked Peanut more than the H/h?
But Peanut was fun and so adorable! I laughed everytime Peanut talked, although there are only about four to five lines in Peanut's head. Peanut should have had more appearance in the book... *sigh*
Why am I reviewing a parrot?

Parrot-2-1

Jade Bennett lives in her escapism as a secretary in Bell Haven animal clinic where she met her bos Dell Conelly. Jade is an independent a
Splage
This was nice and easy read, nothing earth shattering or intense, but a beautiful, caring love story. I actually liked this book better than the first. Jill Shalvis did a great job developing the H&h. Dell was so fun loving, at least on the surface, and the women loved him. You could feel the tension and jealousy rolling off of Jade every time she had to watch or schedule one of his dates. He definitely had some commitment and abandonment issues and he fought the pull between Jade and himsel ...more
Jess
Mar 09, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

It’s no secret that I love a strong alpha man. Who doesn’t? Take that alpha, make him a vet who will do anything to take care of any animal that comes his way, be it puppies, horses, kittens – he helps them all and puts them at ease. Jade, his receptionist, stands no chance against Dell, the man she’s worked the past 18 months for and who she describes as a “…dog whisperer, cat whisperer, horse whisperer, and known woman whisperer.”

Jade’s incredibly priv
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Jill Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series. A wonderful read. Maybe not quite as good as the previous book in the series, Animal Magnetism but still good. Both Jade and Dell have issues and neither really wants to talk them out. That got to be a little irritating, along with the fact Jade has said she's leaving soon and Dell never asks her to stay. Still a sweet emotional read with some great four-legged secondary characters that really steal your heart.
Dee
Mar 13, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!

It was very well written and easy to read with great characters and loveable animals. As well as having the romance it was also funny in parts that had me chuckling away.

I am looking forward to the release of Adam's story which is #3 in the series.

Kelly22
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance

This was another of Jill Shalvis’s beautiful lettering. With the first scene we forecast exactly what was going to happen. I feel that here begins yet another story portraying yet another Shalvis’s irresistible hero who knows how to get the girl and steal the show like nobody’s business. You get to predict how might the story press on and what will happen in the end. The guy gets the girl. No surprise there. But the way Shalvis tells the story? Big surprise and y
Shawna
Mar 09, 2011 Shawna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary-romance, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-mix-of-alpha-beta, author-jill-shalvis, favorite-romance-series, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, friends-to-lovers, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, hero-or-heroine-native-american, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, i-read-library, hero-commoner-self-made, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, small-town-lovin, doctor-or-nurse-in-the-house-shrink, animals-matter, hh-interracial-romance, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-gentleman, 4-to-5-stars, steam-3-hot, steam-4-smokin, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-rags-to-riches, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, heroine-redhead, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, best-snarkasm-humor, heroine-miss-independent, heartwarming, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, best-friendships, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-reformed-rake-player, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, heroine-classy-lady, hero-affable-lovable-rogue, hero-alpha, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, hh-biracial-multiracial, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, hero-wrong-side-of-the-tracks, series-animal-magnetism, 2014-reads, hh-vet-animal-field-trainer-rescue
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

Such a cute, sweet, fun, feel-good read! I love this series!
Amber
Jun 26, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
As the first one, this book has a hot hero, nice, somewhat tortured heroine, and cute little animals. I was all set to give this book five stars, not that it was exactly mind blowing, but just that it was so darn enjoyable to read. In fact, it reminded me a lot of another Jill Shalvis five-star, Simply Irresistible, except the hero had his own demons this time around (which is better).

Until the last quarter, where it didn't fall apart exactly, but it definitely derailed. (view spoiler)
Lady Heather

Read it in one day....Yup it was that good!!!

Couldn't put this story down.. okay only when I had to work, and feed my family....and sleep, but other than that all my free time was spent DEVOURING this story!

I found it better than the first, possibly because the characters were all introduced in the first book, and the second book just developed their characters further.

The writing, story, and characters were amazing, and once again Ms. Shalvis's storytelling had me laughing one minute, and all t
Riverina Romantics
Sep 13, 2011 Riverina Romantics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-blog
The first book in this series was my first Jill Shalvis read - and I was blow away.
It was refreshing and so romantic I wanted to go to bed early in the hopes that I would have sweet dreams.

Animal Attraction was very similar - not quite as romantic as the first in my opinion as it took a little longer to get down to the good stuff- but very similar in the storyline. In Animal Magnetism the hero is the one leaving in a certain amount of days so the casual fling that turns into love is ruined by hi
Dina
How could I not fall in love with woman-whisperer Dell? *sighs*

photo JillShalvisAnimalAttraction-DellConnelly_zpsf5e2aa17.jpg
Anne OK
Oct 04, 2011 Anne OK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
Jill Shalvis can always put a smile on my face. She just plots delightful circumstances for her characters to immerse themselves in and share a hot and sizzling romance, as well as zing each other with clever and hilarious dialogue. I loved Dell and Jade - thought they made a super match. Of course, it was fun seeing Lilah and Brady again. Looking forward to Adam's story to see if Jill can give him the HEA he so deserves. Last but not least, all those adorable little animals stole my heart. I lo ...more
Jaci Burton
Jun 21, 2011 Jaci Burton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great contemporary romance from Jill Shalvis. Funny, romantic, with deep emotional impact, with two deeply scarred characters who find each other and break through their barriers to fall in love. Jill just gets better with every book. I loved this one. And it has dogs and cats and parrots and if you're an animal lover, you can't go wrong with with this book (the hot guys don't hurt either *g*)
Sara  ~Sphunky~
I loved this book (and the first one in the series too)! I love how she builds the characters and the relationship between them and the secondary characters. I hope this series continues for a while (I'm sure Adam's story is next). These books are my idea of a perfect blend of romance, steam, and humor.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
His voice "can melt the panties off females from five paces." And all he has to do is smile and this chicks nipples harden. Even though they been working together a long time and she knows he's a complete womanizing whore.

This book has the same time line as the first book. In book one he was leaving in a month and couldn't be bagged down. Now this one the female is leaving in a month. And having the exact same thoughts about not getting involved cause only there for a month. It feels really laz
Hannah
This review might be a little bit spoilery. Read at your own risk.

I struggled to decide what star rating to give this book. Parts of it frustrated me so much that I started screaming at the characters, so I finally decided to give it two stars instead of three.

I just couldn't sympathize with Dell's thoughtlessness and self-centerness. He made a habit of using women like objects, and never did he stop to think of how many women he might have hurt in the past. We never saw him apologize to any of
Nadia
More like two and a half stars.

The story started similar as the prequel, putting an expiration date on the romance between the hero and heroine (doesn't end there with the similarities). And while I like stories like that, for most of the time Animal Attraction was only readable. The story was turning in circles with the characters usually taking one step forward and two steps back, with both of them expecting the other to have mind reading powers. Their issues, actually it's just one issue, wa
Jonel Boyko
Dell & Jade are a blast in this novel. The banter between them was so much fun while their hidden vulnerabilities made them so real and loveable. The many facets to Jade’s character contrast with Dell’s caring, uber alpha personality in an intriguing manner. Jade’s past makes her even more memorable than even her outstandingly unforgettable personality does.

Not only does Shalvis create characters that you want to see find love, she also brings this small town to life in a vivid and endlessl
Aly is so frigging bored
3.5*
I don't know if I'll continue the series.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jan 10, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone .. one of my FAVORITE authors..
**** ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION COMING SOON ****

Overall Rating: 3.7
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 3 = total of 3
Writer’s Voice = 4
Character Development = 4
Story Appreciation = 4.5
Worth the Chili = 3 [$7.99 on Amazon and B&N]

I love this author and had this series on my “TBR” file for forever. I really enjoyed Dell’s story. I think Jade was just the right mix of sexy, touch and vulnerable. And, you add animals or children and you have a great recipe for me.

Three things I liked about this b
Danielle
Feb 28, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jill Shalvis delivers another witty romance that was more than enjoyable to read. I couldn't get enough of this amazing story. Not only do the characters capture you, but the animals do as well.

Jade Bennett has a past that she has left behind and came to Sunshine to start over, but family is important to her and they need her. Jade's time at the vet clinic is coming to an end. She has given them her notice but what she doesn't realize is that leaving the life she has grown to love just might be
Carrie
3/30/12 Revisiting the book in audio, narrated by Karen White.
4 atars Grade B+
Enjoyed the story as much the second time around. The manipulative family issues didn't bother me as much this time because I already knew they aren't a big part of the story.

Oct 17, 2011- Rating for print edition 4 stars. Review below.

Animal Attraction started off, not slow exactly, but without grabbing my attention. That changed partway through the book as the story moved to a more serious tone. Once my emotions were
Judi
Welcome back to Sunshine Idaho where this time around we get Dell and Jade’s story in Animal Attraction, the 2nd book in the series by Jill Shalvis. We briefly met Dell and Jade in book 1 and got a little taste of what was to come between these two.

Jade’s the epitome of Ms. Organization, is a tad OCD and runs Dell’s vet clinic with the efficiency of a drill sergeant. She escaped to Sunshine eighteen months ago after an attack at gunpoint shook her to the core in her hometown of Chicago. But now
~ Becs ~
Jill Shalvis is one of the hottest contemporary romance writers around at this moment and it seems she can do no wrong and Animal Attraction is no exception.

I've been looking forward to this having enjoyed Animal Magnetism so much and wasn't disappointed with Dell and Jade's story.

Jade has suffered a traumatic experience back in the city which is revealed to us slowly during the story and is in Sunshine, Idaho working a job way below her paygrade in an attempt to escape her PTSD. She's working a
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Jill Shalvis is known for her small town romances where she is able to infuses such heart and heat into one of her books – ANIMAL ATTRACTION is no exception!

Jade Bennett escapes her past when she comes to Sunshine, Idaho but instead her problems are of another matter when her boss, Dell Connelly snags her attention. As a veterinarian, Dell has that soft-hearted thing going on along with this roughened exterior. Put that together and it makes for a very appealing hero.
Norma
Had a super-stressful week and then was without a car for my two days off , so the hubby said I should buy myself a book so I would feel better. :)

This was a really cute and fun book. I just love Jill Shalvis's voice. She has such wonderful sense of humor (totally read her blog and facebook posts) and it really comes across in her books and in her characters.

We met Dell and Jade in book one. They are both terrific characters. I loved seeing Lilah and Brady and getting to know Adam a little bette
A Million More Pages: 2 - Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism): Apr 21 31 29 Apr 29, 2015 12:17PM
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Slow Ride (Fast Track, #5)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Somebody to Love (Gideon's Cove, #3)
  • Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • Karma (Serendipity, #3)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Don't Mess with Texas (Hotter In Texas, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Animal Magnetism (7 books)
  • Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1)
  • Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6)
  • All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7)

“What? Get tired of the way he looks at me as if I'm his entire life? Get over the fact that for the first time ever, someone wants me for me? That the man somehow actually enjoys making me happy?"
Jade stared at her. "The ice cream..."
"I'll buy a lifetime supply of ice cream. Hell, I'll even pretend he's right some of the time... it's worth it. He's worth it. And you know what? So am I.”
12 likes
“Boner," Peanut said.

"Oh no," Jade said to the parrot. "No, no, no...you can't say-

"Boner"

"Oh G-d" Jade panicked. "Peanut-"

"Pretty bird," Dell broke in, smiling at the parrot and speaking low and soft. "Such a pretty girl, Peanut."

Peanut preened under his admiring tone. "Pretty Peanut.”
9 likes