Start by marking “Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair, #8)” as Want to Read:
Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair, #8)

Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair #8)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,030 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Someone is eating for two... Full-figured vampire Glory St. Clair thinks things are finally going her way. She's no longer possessed by a demon, the legions of hell aren't on her tail, and her love life is heating up since she managed to reconnect with her maker-and longtime lover-Jeremy Blade.

Published April 3rd 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans

Robin Priddy
May 03, 2012 Robin Priddy rated it really liked it
Glory St. Clair is a full-figured vampire who owns a vintage clothing store. When she was turned back in 1604 being full-figured was the thing, but not it is not and thin is in. Glory's sire and long time lover, Jeremy Blade, keeps telling her he loves her just the way she is. Like most women she longs to be thin. She tries a new drug the fellow vampire, Ian MacDonald, made that will let a vampire eat real food. But something goes wrong and now she has a bloated stomach that even the day sleep w ...more
Melodie
Apr 05, 2012 Melodie rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
1.5 star read here, but rounding up instead of down because of how much I used to love this series. Hadn't read one in awhile because the one before this was pretty bad. This one was worse! Characters that I used to love visiting with now just put my teeth on edge. A ridiculous plot that only got worse with the "big reveal" on Glory's heritage, which is so completely over-the-top as to render it just stupid. The only good thing?? She did "the deed" with Ray. Too long coming on that! I've got at ...more
Amanda
I tried, I really tried to like Glory again. But her same whining about the same issues, mainly her weight, has turned me off for good. I'm done.
Stephanie  G
May 03, 2012 Stephanie G rated it it was ok
The demon that possessed Glory St. Clair is back. Not only is the demon, Alesa, back, but claims she is pregnant. She says it happened when she possessed Glory. Alesa tells Glory the father is Rafe, and feeling part way responsible Glory gets in touch with Vampire doctor, Ian, who has another surprise for Glory. Her blood isn’t usual vampire blood. This leads into questions about Glory’s own past.

Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans is number eight in the Glory St. Clair series. It did a pretty good
Beth Dawkins
Apr 13, 2012 Beth Dawkins rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012

Theresa
May 25, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
This one is hard to figure. I loved it, but it’s a bit of a switch from the others. It’s kind of an in-between book. The old problems are mostly solved and the new ones haven’t quite blown up yet.

Glory has some personal trouble, but most of it turns out good (except for Jerry. But more on him later). Her other guys are a mixture of good and bad. And the other characters either help or leave. Other than the storm god, there’s no real big baddie and he’s easily taken care of.

In this one all th
Michelle
Apr 02, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans is the eighth book in the Glory St. Clair series by Gerry Bartlett and a Berkley Paranormal Romance.

Blurb:

Someone is eating for two...

When a pregnant demon shows up on her doorstep, Glory knows that ev
Nikki
Nov 22, 2011 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Cindy
May 20, 2012 Cindy rated it really liked it
Oh the Perils of Gloriana! From the frying pan to the fire, from the fire to the coals, from the coal to hell and back. Poor Glory, she is trying so hard to just have a normal life, well as normal as a 400 year old vampire CAN have. When who should return? The demon from Hell who possessed Glory for a time...and she's pregnant with Glory's old bodyguards child from the time she was in Glory, or so she says. Then her old nemesis Aggie the Siren shows up and rains all over Glory's attempt at a nic ...more
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Someone is eating for two...

Full-figured vampire Glory St. Clair thinks things are finally goingher way. She's no longer possessed by a demon, the legions of hell aren't on her tail, and her love life is heating up since she managed to reconnect with her maker-and longtime lover-Jeremy Blade.

When a pregnant demon shows up on her doorstep, Glory knows that everything is about to go to hell. Alesa is claiming that the baby she's carrying is Rafe's, conceived while she was inhabiting Glory's body.
Yodamom
Feb 04, 2012 Yodamom rated it really liked it
Glory, she has three wonderful men circling around her. Now, she knows why, and it's not what she thought. She is faced with a truth that drives her to some serious soul searching. Is that all that is really was ? Her background before Blade is in question, who and what was she ? She finds a whole new world opening up to her.
Her three men-Blade, he has always been there. He would give his life for her. Why can't he let go ? Was it some form of manipulation ? His pain as realization hits him is
Vicky Dreiling
Apr 21, 2012 Vicky Dreiling rated it it was amazing
Having gotten rid of a demon who possessed her, Glorianna St. Clair is hoping to make up with her maker and yummy lover Jeremy Blade. Their road to happy loving took a bit of bump when Glory was possessed, but now life is looking rosey…until trouble arrives in the form of a demon who claims she’s pregnant with a baby she conceived with Rafe while she took over Glory’s body.

This is not news that Jeremy welcomes, but Glory wasn’t responsible for what happened. But that’s not the worst of the news
Alex
Dec 19, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it
I really do love this series, and I feel like it's getting better and better as it goes along.

(view spoiler)
Kelly Benson
Dec 11, 2011 Kelly Benson rated it it was amazing
Once again, Gerry Bartlett wrote an amazing book about our girl Glory St. Clare. I can relate to her struggle with a few extra pounds and wishing her body was a bit different. I WISH I could relate to her issues with her 3 hot guys! This book had brought back alot of people from Glory's past. They might might not be all her favorite people.... but it was good to see them again. The big thing was her Rock Star made an appearance in this book and they finally hooked up. I was surprised how she jus ...more
Catherine Crook
May 02, 2012 Catherine Crook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-love
Gosh! I am happy and sad with the latest installment of Glory! Sad that I must now wait til next year for more. Happy that it was SOOOO good. A Siren? How is that a twist for you? I am all for the extra defensive powers, and I love how Glory has become so much stronger as an individual. So sad that Jerry was so hurt. Glad she got the Ray thing out of the way finally. Sad that I know it is going to be an issue when it finally comes up again. Ray is quite the showoff. Worse than Valdez, who I hope ...more
Rachel Swords
Aug 05, 2013 Rachel Swords rated it liked it
In every book series, there's always one volume that comes along and changes either the plot, the tone of the series, or the characters as a whole. For the Glory St. Clair series, "Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans" fulfills that obligation. Although the book starts out with the return of the demon Alesa and it seems like the story will deal with her, it turns out that's only a minor aspect of the plot. The real story is the discovery of Glory's true heritage- that is, before she was made vampire, ...more
Oct 09, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
I am ready for this series to be over. This book felt like there were 3 different stories that happened through the whole book and they were all a let down. You start with the demon being pregnant and that concluded without any excitement and then you wonder what Glory could actually be and that seemed boring in its discovery as well when you find out that she really is just the same old Glory not a lot of difference. And finally she faces the storm god and in the end he sits down and basically ...more
Darcy
Jun 05, 2011 Darcy rated it liked it
I thought this one was much better than the last one, but it isn't as good as the first ones in the series. Part of that is my frustration with Glory and her men, not sure if it is me or not. But I am getting tired of the 3 of them expressing their love and her unable to really make a decision. She says she does, but then she goes ahead and sleeps with more than one of them.

I was annoyed with the pregnant demon aspect of the story. The demon annoyed me and it seemed like that story line was dro
Michelle
Apr 15, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
I absolutely adore Glory St. Claire as a character and find her to be charming and hilarious. The latest in her series, Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans, was a fun addition to the series and I hope will mean there is more to come in this series from author Gerry Bartlett. There was a satisfying ended for this particular novel but I felt there was still some aspects to the series as a whole that are not 100% resolved. There are a lot of fun, return characters in this novel that if you have not rea ...more
Aileen
Jun 08, 2012 Aileen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pdf
Omg...Gerry Bartlett has DONE IT AGAIN!!!! I fall in love with Glory all over again every time I read her books. There is just something so great about her. And her new issues?? Just too good...first Alesa (the demon) shows up, then Glory has identity issues?? Add in Aggie coming back and WAYYYYYYYYY more of Ray!! And even LUCKY IS BACK for a bit!!!! I love Glory, Rafe, and Jerry, but I also LOVELOVELOVE Ray and being able to see more of him and NOT him on a bender or practically suicidal is a g ...more
Missyb
Jul 09, 2012 Missyb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting twists in this book, but what a slut Glory is. Maybe I just accepted it, but does that girl get around or what. Old characters are back, and things change with some current characters. Things seemed different with Blade not in town for Glory, part of the allure I guess, and usually when she attracts trouble. Miguel is an interesting addition to the story, hopefully more will be revealed in the next book about him. Look forward to the next book and where things go with the Sirens & ...more
Tia
Jun 15, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing
Yet again another great novel in the series. I think I will be terribly sad when the series ends for I truly love it. It's always fun and exciting. It's always new too. Not the same old, same old. I love that Glory is surrounded by three men as well. Rafe(Valdez), Jerry & Ray. I wish she could be with all of them, settling in no commitment and I'm horribly sad that she's already pushed Rafe away and says she only wants to be friends. Now she had this epic thing with Ray and she's going after ...more
Lisa
May 26, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
These books keep getting more ridiculous. Glory is now a siren - seriously? And I'm getting bored with the "everyone loves Glory and she can't decide who she loves the most" storyline that has been going on for several books. I think that the author has been reading too much Laurell K. Hamilton and making Glory into Anita Blake-lite: new powers, no one can resist her, must sleep with everyone, the world revolves around her, etc. I think I'm done with this series (and I've already read the follow ...more
Kastia
Jan 31, 2012 Kastia rated it it was amazing
i ABSOLUTELY loved Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans.....There were so many twists and turns....and so many 'How dare you treat Glory that way'....Gerry Bartlett is a GENIUS!!!! I'm not much of a person to tell you what happened in the story.,..Don't want to spoil it...But I can not wait until we get to read about Glory's adventure in Scotland to prove the love between her and Jerry is in fact real and not lead by powers above!!!
Margarida
May 19, 2012 Margarida rated it it was ok
Glory is back and the consequences of the last book come back to haunt her.
As with many of these series, it is, what it is, an easy fun read. I am concerned with increasing amount of men in Glory's life and the lack of direction that Glory seems to have in making any meaningful decisions- i would have much rather dealing with issues to do with her former addictions, issues with family etc.
I know this is meant to extend the what if, but it feels a bit contrived
EowynRN
Apr 16, 2012 EowynRN rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I love these books for a fun, light PNR read. I love Gerry Bartlett too, she's very sweet and makes herself accessible (like her on FB peeps). I think it's obvious that Glory's HEA will be Jerry, but I still love my Rafe the best so I'm going to keep wishing and hoping. I really enjoyed the new character, Laurie from this book and was thinking she could be a good spinoff series for our Gerry. Just an idea. Hint hint. Write more books.
The Girl Who Tried Everything
I'm ready for something new. I'm over the guys, well mostly jer. I hate that they keep getting back together when he's clearly not right and their not working. I don't want to give away what glory is but let's just say its nothing new. When I first heard the storyline was going there I was excited, when I realized where it went not so much. The next book seems to be making a change at least in environment, I hope it's also the final end to the relationship.
Nikki
Jan 26, 2016 Nikki rated it liked it
I found this in a used book store for a dollar. I thought the cover and description were funny and decided Why Not? It's quirky and silly but at least entertaining. Not amazing but it was fun. Worth the dollar for sure!
I didn't know it was part of a series but it doesn't matter because there was enough recap to fill you in. I personally wouldn't read the rest of the books in the series unless I found them for a dollar each, but I did enjoy this book :)
Mommaang
Jan 21, 2013 Mommaang rated it it was ok
I felt the premise was really weak.

****Spoiler alert****

Why did Alessa show up at Glory's apt, and more importantly, there was never a good explaination for why Glory let her stay. Ray keeps apologizing to Glory for Alessa troubling her - why the hell didn't he move Alessa into his apt?

I'm starting to worry about the series.
Krista
Apr 17, 2012 Krista rated it really liked it
I love reading about Glory. I picked up the first book on the clearance table at B&N and from that point on I was hooked. My favorite character, other than Glory herself, is Florence; she cracks me up. RVHSJ is a fun satisfying read and a lot of history is brought to light. As always though, Gerry has left us hanging for the next book.
  • The Misfits (Trueblood #4)
  • Accidentally Dead, Again (Accidentals, #6)
  • Taming Her Wolf
  • Must Love Lycans  (Broken Heart, #8)
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Finding Chrissten (Legacy, #5)
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • The Ex Files
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Connected (Twists of Fate, #1)
Gerry Bartlett figures that vampires are pretty much like everyone else except for the liquid diet.

Eternity or Mexican food? Tough call.

Gerry’s a native Texan and lives halfway between Houston and Galveston with her rescue whippet, Jet. Pictured with her is her late wonder dog, a Bedlington Terrier named Belle.

When she started writing, she was still teaching and used the pseudonym Lynn McKay. Y
More about Gerry Bartlett...

Glory St. Clair (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Real Vampires Have Curves (Glory St. Clair, #1)
  • Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2)
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Real Vampires Don't Diet (Glory St. Clair, #4)
  • Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs (Glory St. Clair, #5)
  • Real Vampires Have More to Love (Glory St. Clair, #6)
  • Real Vampires Don't Wear Size Six (Glory St. Clair, #7)
  • Real Vampires Know Hips Happen (Glory St. Clair, #9)
  • Real Vampires Know Size Matters (Glory St. Clair, #10)
  • Real Vampires Say Read My Hips (Glory St. Clair, #11)