Start by marking “Exes and Ohs: A Downtown Girl's (Mostly Awkward) Tales of Love, Lust, Revenge, and a Little Facebook Stalking” as Want to Read:

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Think you’ve have some outrageous dating horror stories? You don't have anything on Shallon Lester.

Spunky Shallon Lester has accumulated more than her fair share of embarrassing stories. In this collection of hilarious essays, she chronicles her dorky, daring, and awkward journey from waitress at the ninth circle of hell known as Houston's Time Square restaurant, to column...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Exes and Ohs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exes and Ohs

Kelly
Dear Twenty-Something Women,

I understand the desire to emulate the ladies of Sex and the City. Fabulous parties, moral ambiguity, cosmopolitans, an infinite conveyor belt loaded with hot men and even hotter clothes...what's not to love? But, not to hurt that pretty little head of yours, that's just good television. It's not real life. In real life, a sane woman would not scuff her $475 Manola Blaniks as she runs down a urine-staurated alley in an attempt to escape seeing her ex-boyfriend. A real...more
Jessica
Shallon Lester is an intriguing personality in just her seemingly unmarriageable traits: she's the girl who makes sure to give food to the homeless whenever she can but she also makes sure she exacts revenge on any enemy that crosses her (food seems to be her weapon of choice). In the end, Shallon is likeable because she doesn't hold back about any of these things - she can go from being obsessed about giving back to the community to being obsessed with becoming famous. Her honesty is clear, and...more
Teri
Since Shallon is a Uni grad, a number of my Facebook friends notified everyone that her newest book was available, so I had it downloaded to my Kindle right away. It was a very fun read! So funny, partly because her life is so different from mine, but it is what I'd like mine to have been when I was in my twenties. It reads like a memoir with a clever amusing style that is consistently entertaining. Her adventures in Manhattan, full of name-dropping and restaurant-referencing, blend in well with...more
Meredith O'Donnell
This is just a perfectly fluffy, light summer beach read. Don't expect anything deep, poignant, or thought-provoking, just accept it for what it is: A Cosmopolitan article in book form.
alinatodd
The kind of book I would have written at the age of 25. Cute and funny.
Gabrielle
This was the perfect book to pull me out of a funk. It wasn't a guy related funk but I'm sure it'd give you a few laughs even as you mourn your unrequited love or jerk of an ex-boyfriend. My hardship was a broken blender.

The book had me laughing until I couldn't breathe, choking on my spit, tears leaking from my eyes and ending with me coughing like death is near. And for the time being I forgot my sorrows.
Shannon
Though this fit the light and breezy book I was looking for, there was nothing about Shallon's book that set her apart from anyone else. I love reading single girl memoirs but this one just didn't have me hoping she'll come out with one soon. I did start to follower her on Twitter though and I would recommend doing just that.
Samantha
Cracking me up every step of the way. Lester isn't the most squeaky-clean character and certainly isn't reasonable, but she's likable and in the end her faults become laughs. If I was to write a book it'd be something just like this one. A smidgen deeper, but (I hope) just as entertaining.
Lori
sometimes eh, sometimes really funny.... a very light read told in a bunch of short stories by a blogger and mtv reality star.... has some laugh out loud moments.... nice to have a breezy read for summer or travel.... would share with others... all in all enjoyed...
Janetlynnrhodes
A very random collection of essays by a very disturbed mess. Albeit funny at times, this book us horribly written and is all over the place (much like the author I suppose)I hope Shallon Lester uses some of her profits for therapy.
Sharla
LOVED this book!! A hilarious read about a 20something NYC gal and her trials and tribulations of single life & dating. She's witty, blunt, and sometimes a bit crass. I ::heart:: her.
Lori

Single girl in the city relates her ups and downs (mostly downs) with men.

It was amusing but not hilarious and left me with the feeling that I'd read this all somewhere before.
Jill
A friend loaned me this book, though it's not my typical read. It was entertaining and light, as the author shares her misadventures in dating.
Christina
Some parts were laugh-out-loud funny, but towards the end of the book, all of the essays started to seem the same. A short, fluffy, humorous read.
Renee
Hilarious book. Lester's adventures were so outrageous you almost want to not believe them. It's a book of stories and good ones at that.
Arielle
Light. Good beach read. Will make you LOL.
Lisa
A great summer read -
Kari
A Fun and Hilarious read!
Arnab Ghosh
Jan 29, 2013 Arnab Ghosh marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shallon Lester
Rubysbooks
Rubysbooks marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Ashlee
Ashlee marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Shereen Holmes
Shereen Holmes marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Lori Stray
Lori Stray marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Else
Else marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • How to Get Divorced by 30: My Misguided Attempt at a Starter Marriage
  • The Thong Also Rises: Further Misadventures from Funny Women on the Road
  • Geek Girls Unite: How Fangirls, Bookworms, Indie Chicks, and Other Misfits Are Taking Over the World
  • How to Take Over Teh Wurld: A LOLcat Guide 2 Winning
  • Five Men Who Broke My Heart: A Memoir
  • Book
  • Dear Old Love: Anonymous Notes to Former Crushes, Sweethearts, Husbands, Wives, &  Ones That Got Away
  • It's Not Me, It's You: Subjective Recollections from a Terminally Optimistic, Chronically Sarcastic and Occasionally Inebriated Woman
  • Confessions of a Guidette
  • Where's My Wand?: One Boy's Magical Triumph over Alienation and Shag Carpeting
  • Facebook On Love