Start by marking “Homecourt Advantage” as Want to Read:
Homecourt Advantage

Homecourt Advantage

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The sports pages trumpet the exploits of the superstar players of the New York Flyers basketball team -- while the gossip columns hint of their infidelities and steamy off-court activities. And in the shadows behind the bright spotlights, the wives and girlfriends struggle to keep the insanity at bay and their relationships alive in a world of fame, big money, shady dealin ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Homecourt Advantage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homecourt Advantage

Rachelle Ayala
This was a very interesting compilation of the lives of pro basketball playing wives. It was full of drama and intersecting story lines and personal tragedies. However because of the parallel subplots, it skipped all over the place, from one character to another character and some of the transitions were confusing. Like who are we talking about now?

In any case, the book reads like a gossip column and provided some insights into the lives of the super rich and famous athletes and their women and
Mick
May 14, 2009 Mick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As an NBA fan of course I want to know what goes on "behind the scenes." And who would know more about the steamy, groupie-driven adventures of the NBA world than two ladies who are (were?) married to former players? Ergo I began HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE with much anticipation; my anticipation quickly turned to trepidation. This book is just plain bad, folks, and here's why:

Way too many subplots. Let's see. We've got Casey, who's unhappy with hubby Brent, because he cheated on her three years ago; w
Britt Griffith
Jun 14, 2012 Britt Griffith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sports fans, chick lit fans
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Livia
May 17, 2012 Livia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE is a fast-paced fiction novel writtened by the ex-wife of Patrick Ewing and the wife of basketball player Greg Anthony. The fictious team is the New York Flyers and the wives and girlfriends of the team's high profile players, and their explosive and sometimes rocky relationships are the basis for the story.

A step well above "Basketball Wives", HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE is well worth reading.
Phillis
Jun 11, 2012 Phillis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes, but it's very "light" reading.
Recommended to Phillis by: Saw it mentioned in newspaper book review.
This is perfect beach reading, or in the doctors office or whenever you have to sit and wait. It went fast, I liked the story but it turned out to be a typical story. You could almost guess what was going to happen. I was glad it had a happy ending but because it was obvious, a flip in the story would be welcome. I would only recommend it if someone needed something light to read.
Mindi
Aug 19, 2008 Mindi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can only assume it's an accurate account of what goes on with athletes and their wives, girlfriends or both!

Definitely entertaining!
Jana
Oct 30, 2007 Jana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another quick/easy read. Some interesting moments but I really just bought it to pass time in an airport and on a flight.
Pam
Nov 15, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Rita Ewing has done it again!!!! I loved Brickhouse and I am loved this book that she co-authored.
Nikki
Dec 29, 2011 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall this was a well written entertaining book. If you like drama and relationships, it is the one for you.
Kate
Jul 26, 2008 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I have read several times!
book lover Lark
book lover Lark marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Paula
Paula added it
Feb 11, 2016
Murielle Nicole
Murielle Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Quiana
Quiana added it
Jan 25, 2016
Remi Goncalves
Remi Goncalves marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
C
C rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Schreba
Schreba marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Laurie Sutor
Laurie Sutor rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2015
Jaclyn Smith
Jaclyn Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Lashawnda
Lashawnda rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2016
Bridgette
Bridgette rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
JT
JT marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Xavier Zhapan
Xavier Zhapan rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015