Start by marking “Darkness on Fire (Paladins of Darkness, #9)” as Want to Read:
Darkness on Fire (Paladins of Darkness, #9)

Darkness on Fire (Paladins of Darkness #9)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  20 reviews
An original eBook, this final installment in the sexy paranormal romance series features the Paladins, immortal warriors who willingly die repeatedly in an eternal battle to protect humanity—and the women they love.

When Kalith geologist Jora b'Larth notices strange seismic activity occurring around the underground energy barrier in YellowstoneNational Park, she realizes so
Published by Pocket Books (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darkness on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness on Fire

valee
I'm not giving this book only 2 stars because I didn't like it, because I did. I just think this was a book I will immediately forget, one I found a bit boring and predictable. I just read and read and felt like nothing really was going one. Too many pages to describe the very same thing. Maybe I felt this way because this was a short novella, and it felt fast-paced and incomplete.

Then there was the Hero, Penn, which wasn't one of my favorites Paladins. I kinda had a thing against him from previ
Cindy
Palidans 9 - Alexis Morgan - Darkness on Fire
Alexis Morgan

This is available only as ebook at this time...

Great read with an action plot. What happens when the warrior can no longer be a warrior? Penn was injured in an earlier book and has not made a full recovery. He is still shattered at not fighting with his fellow Paladins. But when Devlin gets a mysterious call for help in Yellowstone, he asks Penn to go and meet with the unknown caller.

The caller turns out to be a female Kalith geologist
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted at Demon Lover's Books & More

3.5 flames

In this novella, Penn Sebastian, the warrior who nearly lost his hand when it was severed by an Other, is given a mission. A real mission, not just busy work. His sword arm is still weak, but he's getting better with his left arm. He's just not good enough to go back to active duty protecting the barrier.

A phone call comes in from an anonymous source that they are needed in a normally inactive section of the barrier. But no one knows why t
Paraphrodite
As with most novellas, I guess it is difficult to see a developing relationship between the hero and heroine. In this case, Penn (the wounded Paladin) and Jora (the transplanted Kaliath) had a pretty instantaneous romantic relationship.

The Paladin world is changing and instead of blindly killing any "Other" who crosses the border, these days there is almost a grudgingly respectful relationship between the Paladins on this side and the Kaliath Guardians on the other side. I'm hoping there will b
Michelle the Romance Witch
a really great quick story and i really hope its not the end of the series. Penn has always been one of my favorites in the series and im so happy that he finally found the happiness he deserves. Go Penn!!!
Melindeeloo
Since his disabling injury, Paladin Penn Sebastian (Lacy's brother) is no longer is able to fight along side of his brothers, though Penn still has the soul of a warrior - and has spent his time wallowing in self pity for what he's lost. But when a request comes for a Paladin to investigate trouble with a barrier near Yellowstone National Park, finally being able to make a useful contribution is just the thing to help Penn regain a sense of purpose and when he meets the mysterious informant, the ...more
Pablina
Se me hizo demasiado corto!!! A esperar por alguna nueva historia sobre los Paladines...espero la historia de LONZO
Julie
A quick read but another great Paladin book. It's great to see Penn happy after everything he's been through. I do wish we could have everyones reaction when he went back to Seattle tho especially his sister.

I don't know why in the book description it says this is the final book in the series. Alexis has stated in her blog that she's not finished with the Paladins but will take a break for a bit. This is understandable since she's put out 3 Paladin books this year. If you havn't read this ser
Cindy
sadly I finished the last in the series. GREAT series.
Tina_K
This was a novella and in my opinion, suffered for the lack of words. While it was the last book written in this series nothing about it seemed like the end. That's not to say the novella didn't have an ending, it did. And it was a HEA as well, so that's good.

However I felt like the Regent story line was not fully closed.

It was okay though, just not as good as others I've read in the series. And it's nice to see Penn get his HEA.
Angela
Sep 18, 2011 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance
Since this was the final book in the series it should have been longer. After all the angst Penn had about his injury and worthlessness he felt, he should have had more time devoted to him then a story that was about 2-3 days. I was really looking forward to seeing Penn redeem himself in his own eyes and I guess finding love with Jora, a Kalith, he did.
Tamis
Que demonios paso con estos dos ultimos libros en verdad me hicieron sufrir, en serio como es posible que Penn quiera abandorar todo si se supone que es su vida y que Jora no lo entendiera en verdad este libro me hizo casi no querer seguir leyendolo ¬¬

pd: Como no puede haber libro de Lonzo eso es una tragedia :P
Wendy
This is the final book of the Paladin series. I would have liked it to be longer. It was a good story with lots of action. I hope she will write more about them one day. This is only available in ebook.
Heather
in about one week's time Penn and Jora met, fell in love and proposed marriage. I couldn't buy into that. it was cute but not believable at all.
Gizzie
This was the shortest book in the series but it was a little different then the other books. It was a fast read and hard to put down.
Izy
Rating~ 5 stars.

This is the last book in the series Paladins of Darkness.
Ann  Lorz
What a wonderful story. I can't get enough of Mogan's world.
Debbie
Sad to say this is the last book of the series.
Brianna
Really short stoy, but I loved it.
SheLove2Read
Not finishing this series.
Nicole massey
Nicole massey marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Deborakaye
Deborakaye marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Jennifer Shaw
Jennifer Shaw marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Dec 10, 2014
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Finding Destiny (Sons of Destiny, #9)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Brink of Eternity (Guardians of Ascension, #2.5; Dawn of Ascension, #1)
  • Krac's Firebrand (Zion Warriors, #2)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Touched by Fire (The Sentinel, #2)
  • Casey's Warriors (Bondmates, #1)
  • The Reckoning (Immortals, #8)
  • Kalina’s Discovery (Return to Wonderland, #2)
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek s ...more
More about Alexis Morgan...
Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2) In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4) Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)