Start by marking “Don't Look Now” as Want to Read:
Don't Look Now

Don't Look Now (Jack Paris #1)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Andrea Heller has been married for seven years, but still likes to pretend she's single. She enjoys sitting on her own in bars, and watching what happens. But there's another couple watching too. They call themselves Saila and Pharaoh, but only after sundown. And it is after sundown that some terrible things are happening in the singles clubs in Cleveland.

In six months, th...more
Published December 8th 2011 by Arrow (first published July 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Look Now

Greg Fisher
I've read this book twice. The last time was in 2006 but the first time was sometime in the early 1990s. I was still new to being a part of the library staff and everyone was buzzing about a brand new local author named Richard Montanari who wrote a very graphic serial killer crime novel set in our hometown. The general consensus was that they all loved it. Even staff who normally didn't like serial killer stories or stories that violent and graphic had to admit they loved it. And the ending . ....more
Sanaa
Gripping. Fast paced but ending not clear. Meaning I don't know for sure who 'Pharaoh' really was. Was it Tommy or not? And a Woman who kills other woman for what sick motive? It was never really explained so I am just like 'Uh?!'. Also there was soo many characters in the book it was kinda had for me to keep up with who was who and what significance they had.
Lainy
Blurb From Goodreads

Andrea Heller has been married for seven years, but likes to pretend she's single. She enjoys sitting on her own in bars but there's another couple watching. They call themselves Saila and Pharaoh, but only after sundown. And it is after sundown that some terrible things are happening in the singles clubs in Cleveland. In six months, three women in their twenties have been brutally murdered. And each step that Homicide Detective Jack Paris takes to find their killer draws hi...more
Jay Jessmer
I picked this one up at the library after getting hooked on Montanari's Byrne/Balzano series, and I have to say, it was a serious page-turner! Montanari gets it, even in his first offerring here. He understands the fan base for this type of thriller, and has a talent for deliverring.
Always enjoy a book with separate story-lines developing. There are 2 couples at the heart of this. The first is a male/female team who are viciously murderring young women whom the man lures from various nightclub...more
Sandra Jones
Another 4 1/2 star rating.......what can I say?
Only there is a lot more going on in this book than is first apparent.....
Scary stuff.
Julie Carson
On the whole, the book is very good. It has twists and turns, and kept you guessing right until the very last page. However, it is not quite deserving of 5 stars as I found 1 or 2 bits difficult to follow, and Jack irritated me at times, as I found some of his actions foolhardy to say the least, which took the enjoyment away a little bit. Normally, I suspend disbelief when reading, but the rest of the story was so well written I couldn't ignore it! I couldn't put it down, and suddenly realised i...more
Giuseppe Ruotolo
In Cleveland, Jack Paris is investigating the murder of a young woman who had her tattoo removed. One couple is exploring the excitement of the wife dressing sexy and letting herself get hit on in a club while her voyeur husband watches. At the same time, another couple are luering women from nightclubs and brutally murdering them. This novel is sexy and provactive as well as suspenseful.
Sam
A very good read, finished it in a day. Well written and enthralling especially considering it was his first book. The details are well thought out and just enough to set the scene and let your imagination take over. The ending was well written and left you wanting more. A very good read but not for the faint-hearted or those adverse to a bit of gore.
Rebecca
I enjoyed this book more than the Byrne/Balzano books because I felt this was more of a straightforward murder investigation, while the Byrne/Balzano books end up relying on Byrne's instincts and more often than not involve a religious connection which can often be tiresome. I liked the plot of this book and I liked the character of Jack.
Jo
Serial killing team target young women with tattoos. I love Montanari's work as they're always such a great read. However, whilst this was an absorbing page turner as I was reading it, by the end of the book I could barely remember what happened. Fluffy crime novel.
Evelyn
A pair of voyeristic serial killers are murdering young women they pick up in Cleveland area singles bars.

Interesting to read about local area. No psychological explanation of killers' motives. This is not a Les Roberts.
Cindy Smith
actually give this a 3.5. wasn't quite sure who 'dun it' until the end. kept and held my attention. looking forward to more from this author.
Jenny Hudson-hendron
Great book, but this has been released before under the name don't look now. Which is annoying as I had read that book before!
Simon Moore
I personally thought this book wasn't up to the author's usual high standards.

Too many gaps for me in this book.
Michelle Simpson
typical serial killer book, bit wierd and kinky the way killings are executed and I was unhappy with the ending
Michelle Whitfield
Was very fast paced but the ending left me a little confused as to who Pharaoh was, otherwise was a great read.
Matthias Williamson
I was on a sick serial killer kick for a while, this was one of those surprise books that just blew me away.
Jules Fry
sexy - scary - a great read
David Stimpson
ok ..good story ..
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Donna Haynes
Donna Haynes marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Melanie Drummond-McEwan
Melanie Drummond-McEwan marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Kat Limbrick
Kat Limbrick marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • Choked (Brennan & Esposito, #4)
  • Ultimatum (Tina Boyd #6)
  • The Dead Room (Darby McCormick #3)
  • An Isolated Incident
  • Trust Me
  • The White Russian
  • Blind To The Bones (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #4)
  • No One Will Hear... Her Last Scream (Carson Ryder, #8)
  • Flesh House (Logan McRae, #4)
  • Buried Alive (Carson Ryder, #7)
  • Troubleshooter (Tim Rackley #3)
  • 18 Seconds
  • Frozen Moment (Christian Tell, #1)
  • Exposed (Codename: Chandler, #0.2)
  • The Transcendental Murder (Homer Kelly, #1)
  • Watching You (Joseph O'Loughlin, #7)
  • The Fading
  • Pandora's Box
Richard Montanari is the Top Ten Sunday Times bestselling author of The Rosary Girls, The Killing Room, The Stolen Ones and the upcoming thriller, The Doll Maker.

Series:
* Jack Paris
* Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne
More about Richard Montanari...
The Rosary Girls The Skin Gods Merciless (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #3) Badlands (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #4) The Echo Man (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #5)