Gypsies Stop tHere

Gypsies Stop tHere

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Will uprooting herself from London to live in the country help Kay escape guilt-ridden memories of her husband’s death? Far from finding a quiet life, she is caught up in an age-old village conflict where passionate opinions on Romany Gypsy Travellers divide the local people.

A young woman, Lena, enters her life, unwittingly putting Kay’s plans on hold as Kay struggles to n...more
Published March 26th 2008 by Strongman Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gypsies Stop tHere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gypsies Stop tHere

Louise Graham
Gypsies Stop tHere and No Gypsies are both books written by Miriam Wakerly.

Whilst they do following on from each other they can be read as a stand alone, my recommendation would be that you read them both as the stories flow together. Because of this I am reviewing them together!

Miriam had touched upon a subject that some could find controversal with a very skilled hand and care. It is extremely clear that she has conducted a large amount of research on the subject matter and often includes the...more
Nikki Bywater
After a family tragedy, Kay Brackenbridge moves from London to live in the country, in a village called Appley Green. Kay soon discovers all is not peaceful and quiet, in this rural setting.

Kay soon finds herself involved in the local dispute involving the community of Romany Gypsy Travellers. Kay helps out a young girl called Lena, and her two small children. Will helping Lena out with her problems not only help Lena, but help Kay come to terms with her emotional past?

Gypsies Stop tHere is just...more
Naomi
This is the second of Ms Wakerly's books I have read ( Shades of Appley Geen is the other) and I found it as enjoyable and refreshing as a cool Pimm's on a summers day. I highly recommend this book for its warmth and also it's honesty.
I have now purchased the third book and I'm about to start it so watch this space!!!!
penelopewanders
Have to double check the date I finished this,but read this as a possible book for the class I'll be teaching on the Romani people. A bit preachy at times, but on the whole a good read.
Caroline James
This is a great read with well developed characters giving a good understanding into the lives of gypsies. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Michelle Connor
Michelle Connor marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Bloomeenee
Bloomeenee marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Kit Domino
Kit Domino marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
Joy Chapman
Joy Chapman marked it as to-read
May 15, 2012
Kirsten Antao
Kirsten Antao marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2012
Ananda
Ananda marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
I live in lovely Surrey, England, within easy reach of London. The area is very much like Appley Green, the setting for my three novels. I have had a varied working life, together with bringing up three children who have long since flown the nest. Now officially 'retired', I have time to enjoy writing, with a broad sweep of life experience behind me - and ahead!
My first novel, Gypsies Stop tHere...more
More about Miriam Wakerly...
Shades of Appley Green No Gypsies Served Shades of Appley Green: A Modern Village Novel