Start by marking “Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue: How to Restore Hormonal Balance and Feel Renewed, Energized, and Stress Free” as Want to Read:

Your adrenal glands play a key role in helping you control stress and maintain energy throughout the day. When these small but important glands malfunction, you may start to notice the telltale signs of adrenal fatigue. Decreased energy, weight gain, mood changes, inability to handle stress, and a weakened immune system are just a few of the symptoms of adrenal imbalance. ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overcoming Adrenal Fatigue

Sybil
Jun 08, 2011 Sybil rated it liked it
I think my main disappointment with this book is that I have already read a few others that were more in depth so I didn't really learn anything new from this one. I think if you are new to the idea of adrenal fatigue or want to figure out if you have it, then this book would be a decent place to start your research.
Annie Kate
Aug 28, 2015 Annie Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-own, food, health
Do you currently experience significant stress? Have you experienced significant stress or trauma in the past? Are you unwell?

If your answer is ‘yes’ to at least two of the above questions, it’s likely you have some adrenal fatigue that may be influencing your physical, mental, and emotional health.

Adrenal function plays a role in most illness, from frequent colds, aches, and allergies to weight gain, mental illness, and even autoimmune diseases such as cancer and MS.

In this book, former MS pat
Andrecrabtree
Apr 11, 2013 Andrecrabtree rated it liked it
I bought this book because I've been having a number of health issues, related only by onset and an interwoven waxing and waning of symptoms. In digging around it sounds suspiciously like its related to suboptimal hormone balance. It's lead me to the concept of adrenal fatigue. It explains a lot, but I'll need to talk to my doctor; hopefully he's receptive. Otherwise it's off to find a Naturopath.
Jul 01, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Excellent primer on how the body works in regard to the adrenals, as well as thorough description of testing to perform and treatments. Although the risks of adrenal fatigue are many, the book presents hope and possibility of healing.
Andrea
Sep 16, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book informative. There was some new facts in this book that I learned and the information was helpful. Some good supplements and diet changes to think about and I like that the author offered simple little home tests to help you figure out if this is an issue to pursue.
Beth E
Mar 26, 2015 Beth E rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, health
Very helpful guide to understanding the biology of adrenal function and healthy eating/supplements to help heal adrenal fatigue.
Tammy
Apr 30, 2014 Tammy rated it liked it
Shelves: health-and-diet
Overall, a pretty good book. I grumbled a bit when I saw favorable mentions toward eating grains, but aside from that this book has some good suggestions about restoring health.
Justin
Oct 29, 2015 Justin rated it really liked it
Shelves: maybe-buy, hpa-t
There were some very useful sections on testing. Most of the ideas I had already known from other books.
John
John rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
M. Wohlust
M. Wohlust rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Tiara
Tiara rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Alisa
Alisa rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Tess
Tess rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Kana
Kana rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Paula Tagg
Paula Tagg rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Tammie
Tammie rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Savaged
Savaged rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Mischenko
Mischenko rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
Roxane
Roxane rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Sita
Sita rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Dena
Dena rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016