Start by marking “The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)

The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys #9)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  2,089 ratings  ·  54 reviews

Valuable electronic parts containing platinum are being stolen from shipments made by Stanwide Mining Equipment Company's cargo planes and Frank and Joe Hardy are called upon to assist their world-renowned detective father solve the baffling case. At Stanwide, the boys pose as employees and become suspicious of their boss's hostility towards them. Is he involved in the rac

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published February 11th 2010 by Phoenix Books, Inc. (first published January 1st 1930)

To ask other readers questions about The Great Airport Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Airport Mystery

This was a lot of fun to read with my 8 year old son. I haven't read Hardy Boys books since I was 12 or 13 and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. There are some funny dated parts. I like how they refer to Chet as their "portly friend" and other wise making fun of his eating habits. This was a fun mystery, great suspence and the story moves right along. I think Dan Brown could have learned a lot about mystery writing if he'd paid more attention to the Hardy Boys.
John Yelverton
The Hardy Boys return in another classic mystery tale from this mystery book series.
A Quickie Review

As consistent as this series is, there isn't much I can say about this book that I haven't already said in my previous reviews. An old-school mystery; "PG"-level peril; plenty of timeless appeal. What's not to like?

Content Concerns: See above...or my previous reviews.

Score: 4/5
Dan Kelly
I got my hands on one of the originals from the 1930's, which is great, but also confusing if you've been reading reprints, lets just say there is some major differences between the originals and the reprints.
One, in this book Frank and Joe have never been on a plane before. (Reprints have them taking several planes in previous books)
The cabin island mystery is mentioned in this book, but instead of medals, it was stamps that were stolen and zero mention of the missing grandson.
Also, in the
The Great Airport Mystery, written by Franklin W. Dixon is one of the Hardy Boys novels. This book follows Frank and Joe Hardy who get a case about missing platinum from Stanwide Mining. The platinum was suspected to be stolen, so the boys went undercover to find clues. along the way they were attack shot at and had a hand grenade thrown at them. In the end they uncovered a huge gang of workers and ex-workers in Stanwide.

This is a great mystery book with lots of action and drama. I believe that
My kids love the Hardy Boys audio series. This is the last in the series that is available through so my son (11 yrs old) checked out the next three to read aloud.
This is a great book! This is a review more of the series as a whole. I grew up reading the Hardy Boys and I don't think there was a single story I didn't like. I'm now re-reading the series with my son. It's great to be able to share something I loved as a boy with my next generation.

In reading the Hardy Boys again, I never realized when I was a kid that the books have all been re-writen and re-edited over the years. I'm okay with that because some of the content and terminology is a little dat
Catherine Woodman
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps. Frank Hardy is the elder of the two and has dark hair. Joe Hardy is the younger brother, and has blond hair and blue eyes. The stories are an unaging series, in which Frank and Joe are always 18 and 17 years of age, respectively. In the original series the brothers were a younger ...more
Edward Davies
Platinum thieves and mystery planes are the basis for this Hardy Boys tale, which is about average even though some of the storyline is highly unlikely, such as the missing pilot turning up and somehow making it back to the States with no money and presumably no passport! What ever happened to border control?
It was a good book. I liked how they solved the mystery. And then just more and more people started coming in to the mystery.

My long forgotten In Between Book. This was my first Hardy Boy book that got me hooked in the series 34 years ago. Appreciated the mystery and understood the story better. Talk about taking revenge!
Airplanes, helicopters, ghosts, islands, caves and much more, including a gang and stolen merchandise. It's a good thing the Hardy's are on the case and of course some help from Chet.
My boys loved listening to this book. It made our long road trip so enjoyable and quiet.
Joy Gerbode
Another good mystery with the Hardy Boys ... nothing spectacular, but still, enjoyable.
Wahyu Nurasman
not too good for me

penyelesaian yang terkesan terburu-buru
Entry 1-
The protagonists are teh Hardys and Chet. The antagonists are Peterson, Zimm, Lieber, Rodney, Bush Barney, an ex-convict, Anchor, and Rodax.

Entry 2-
THe setting s wherever the case leads the detectives. The theme is don't believe someeone is dead without proof. The point of view is third- person

Entry 3-
They take on the case from Mr. Allen, Head of Stanwide Mining Company, to fing out how things were going missing seemingly out of thin air. The ghost of Clint Hill Leads the boys to uncov
Beth Anne
Read aloud to Emma and Will. Typical Hardys, lots of twists and action, and everything wrapped up neatly at the end.
Who can't love the Hardy Boys?
Been a long time...still a fun read.
This was just what I was in the mood for. A blast from the past, a perfect light travel read.
I still adore Hardy Boys for all their adventures and optimism, and their adventures are at their best in these oldest stories. Oh, and this also happens around an airport, even better.
Just adorable, and the book made me giggle. Oh boy, travel and the adventures from another era.
I hope I'll never get too old for little gems like this.
Quite a good book. The beginning was quite boring, so thats why I gave it 4 stars. I felt like it could have been longer.
Danyal Wahid
It's been too long since I've read a hardy boys novel. This was the first series I ever read and a very important factor in my chronic book reading habit.
I was somewhat hesitant that I might not find these books enjoyable now that I've read so much and my tastes have changed but I was pleasantly surprised to find I was wrong. Just goes to show how amazing these books are.
In which Mrs. and Miss Hardy do nothing but fret and make food, Callie and Iola's sexual frustrations are palpable, and the citizens and police of Bayport continue to acquiesce to the Hardys' quasi-legal requests with alarming regularity.
It was pretty good, but I've read better. I recommend this book, but only if you REALLY like mysteries. I don't happen to be one of those people, so I do recommend it, but for mystery lovers only. For you out there who aren't very interested in mystery, I wouldn't read this book.
In the story a pilot is desperate for a promotion so he tries to get rid of his co-worker Clint Hill. Isn't that just terrible a man tries to kill or murder his best friend for a job? It makes me sick so he deserved Clint Hill pretending to be a ghost and haunting him.
I think it was very good because. It had action, adventure, suspense around every corner. There were all sorts of surprises on every page. That why the Hardy Boys are 1 of my favorite series
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
This book was okay. But I liked Nancy Drew better, probably because I was an eleven-year-old girl and Nancy Drew was ultimate detective.
It is all time childhood favorite book series .. I grew up reading those books I have not get complete collection, will do one day
Goodreads Librari...: Add Cover Please 5 13 Jul 20, 2015 08:57PM
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #10)
  • Mystery Train (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #15)
  • Misteri Kutukan Film Horor (Trio Detektif, #6)
  • Asterix Versus Caesar
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
  • While the Clock Ticked (Hardy Boys, #11)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)