Start by marking “Prom Dress” as Want to Read:
Prom Dress

Prom Dress

The pretty lace dress that Robin finds in her myterious employer's attic does not look deadly; it looks perfect for the prom. Robin cannot resist the power the dress holds over her an decides to 'borrow' it to wear to prom. But the dress has a horrifying secret and lures innocent, unsuspecting girls into an evil and terrifying nightmare.
Mass Market Paperback, 167 pages
Published June 1st 1989 by Scholastic Point

To ask other readers questions about Prom Dress, please sign up.

BRNTerri What could your question possibly mean?

Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 Chibineko rated it it was amazing
A few weeks ago I'd been taking a trip down memory lane as far as teen fiction went & I remembered this book. Upon recalling the many, many times I'd read this book (my copy had long since disintegrated due to repeated readings by my friends & I during my younger years), I had to purchase a copy. While I did enjoy it much more as a teenager, the book still has a little magic left in it.

The story follows several different teen girls, but predominantly the character of Robin- a dancer who
Kate
Oct 23, 2011 Kate rated it it was ok
The cover of this book looked so familiar I thought I had read it. But in reading it again, I didn't remember any of the details.

Robin, a dancer, wants so badly to have the perfect dress for prom to impress her boyfriend, the most popular boy at school. The old woman she volunteers for offers up a couple of dresses in her attic, but Robin wants the one dress Miss Catherine has insisted Robin not wear - a lacy cream-colored gown. The dress calls to Robin and she steals in from Miss Catherine. Bu
Bethany
Mar 17, 2010 Bethany rated it really liked it
Yet another book I can't review objectively because I loved it and read it over and over and over when I was young. I'm positive I stole this one from my sister, too. Poor sister. Look at the close up of that desireable prom dress on the cover, though! Isn't it, uh, ideal for todays hip kids?

I'm totally going to hunt this down and read it again, because it's probably terrible. I remember doing a booktalk for it in sixth grade (yes, I loved it that much), and it went something like this:

"And so t
M0rningstar
Read these by the truckload in elementary school, alongside a steady diet of Stephen King. They were lots of fun and a little scary. I don't remember any of the stories but recognize a few of the covers.
Niki
Apr 20, 2010 Niki rated it liked it
I'm sure if I read this book now as an adult, I would think it was lame .. but I do remember really liking it when I was a pre-teen. I still remember two scenes from it pretty vividly, which I think speaks well for the book. Has a nice twist, if I remember correctly.
Tasha-Lynn
Oct 17, 2016 Tasha-Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
3 1/2 out of 5. I enjoyed this. I did remember the twist from reading it way back as a tween. But I still enjoyed it
Crystal
Dec 05, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
OHMIGOD you guys—could this book BE any better? Maybe, but only if it were longer. I LOVED it. So much love I can’t stop with the CAPSLOCK.!!!!111!!!!111!!!!1!!

I hope you guys were all fans of soap operas back in the day because this plot has a lot of run-on explanations that only work if you’re willing to pretend we’re in Salem/Pine Valley/Port Charles.

Robin is a new-to-town gold digging social climber dating the hottest/richest boy in school–Tyler. Tyler drives a red Trans Am, which I think is
The Flooze
A friend is currently re-reading some horror books she loved back in the day, which prompted me to look this one up.

It's funny how my memory of this book is so tied up in the cover. The gloooowwwwing dresssssss! The girl who looks like she'd fit right in at Sweet Valley High! (That series was an obsession for pre-teen me.)

As I read through some of the reviews on here, parts of the story came flooding back. Not enough to properly critique the thing, but more than enough for me to recall being fr
Aug 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen, wrote-review
I read this back when I was a teen and I loved it. I remember I took it with me when we went to stay for a week at my gr-grandmother’s house out in the country. Her house was surrounded by nothing but trees, and while near the road there wasn’t much traffic so I’d lay in bed at night and read while trying to ignore the complete darkness out the window (something I wasn’t used to at all!) I remember this book gave me the creeps so bad! I was probably 13 at the time, so who knows if I’d still find ...more
Kate
Jan 28, 2014 Kate rated it liked it
The idea of a cursed dress has an antique charm that would especially appeal to readers who like books about rummaging through attics and finding old-time treasures. Each object comes with its own story, its own ghost of the person who used it. These things linger.

The dress is such an object. It enchants Robin, who first discovers the dress. She must wear it to the Prom. Perhaps the dress creates that desire, luring the wearer in before destroying her.

It's a solid story, for what it is. The cha
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 Sakura Koneko rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
I found this book at a library in town where I lived when I was a child I believe, and for some reason decided to read it even though it wasn't on any subject I usually read.

It's a very interesting book, detailing the curse that effects a beautiful dress found in the attic of a mysterious employer by a girl named Robin. The dress ends up changing hands many times, and effecting many girls' lives for the worst before the truth behind it is told, and the curse is put to an end.
StephieLovesBooks
Apr 03, 2013 StephieLovesBooks rated it really liked it
I remember this cover and the story about an evil prom dress and just remember how the storyline was creepy but not remembering most of the details and how interesting the story was. I'm currenty tracking down and re-reading all the Point Horror series....couldn't get enough of these kinds of stories back in the day.
Toni N
Apr 26, 2014 Toni N rated it it was amazing
I remember this book from when I was a young girl. It was one of the first books I bought with my own money. This was during the time when Christopher Pike was my FAVE author. And, books only cost about $2.95 for paperbacks. :-)
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 12, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it liked it
I remember reading this as a kid. Nowadays I'd only read it again for nostalgic value because it sure had some choppy sentence structure and overly superficial characters! All in all it wasn't bad but not really very good either, just sorta neutral.
Soapykitty
Oct 22, 2012 Soapykitty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Got this today for free day at my library's used book sale.I actually really liked it and read it all in one sitting.Ikept wanting to yell,"NO,NO,NO,DON'T LOOK AT IT!DON'T TRY IT ON,IT WILL KILL YOU!!!" Buy a copy if you can.
Izlinda
Jun 01, 2008 Izlinda rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
faeriemyst
I remember adoring this book when I was, oh I don't know, ten or eleven (along with other Point books and Christopher Pike). The premise just so intrigued me and I remember connecting with the main character.
Jennie
Jul 26, 2012 Jennie rated it really liked it
This was a creepy book. I liked it as a teenager. I still own it. The author is a good friend of my mother's.
Stacy Simpson
May 31, 2010 Stacy Simpson rated it it was ok
I liked it but I doubt coale will want to read a book about a prom dress so i am afraid it has to hit the garage sale!
Cloie Rainilla
Aug 07, 2016 Cloie Rainilla rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like old thrillers.
These girls need to stop "borrowing". Anyways it was an ok book. It helped me pass the time. Somewhat entertaining, lol.
Anna
Nov 14, 2015 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Quality kitschy reading for a snowy Sunday. Shows the consequences of doing dumb stuff for popularity, fashion, and boys. Reminds us to be watch out for the 'criminally insane.'
angrykitty
Jul 23, 2008 angrykitty rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-teens
this was a book i read as a teen only to realize later that it was an urban legend spread way too long. not a very good book.
Goldengurl82
Sep 16, 2012 Goldengurl82 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memory-lane
i loved it
i was 13 when i read it
books were way better back in the day
a real page turner
the ending woa
Amy
Mar 09, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a scary book that I read over and over as a teen. It is about a prom dress that causes bad things to happen to whoever wears it!
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Yuzzy
Yuzzy rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Kathleen Dunley
Kathleen Dunley rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Lindsay Wolsey
Lindsay Wolsey rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Sunny
Sunny rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Morgan Corbett Paige
Morgan Corbett Paige rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
COPS HAVE YET TO CHARGE 1 1 Nov 03, 2016 01:19AM
  • Final Exam
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Perfume
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • The Waitress
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)
  • The Phantom
Daughter of Frank George and Ada Geneva (Petersen) Jensen; married George C. Littke (a college professor), June 29, 1954; children: Lori S. Education: Utah State University, B.S., 1952; graduate study at City College (now City University of New York), 1955-59, and University of California--Los Angeles, 1968. Politics: Democrat. Religion: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). ...more
More about Lael Littke...