Start by marking “Shadow Song” as Want to Read:
Shadow Song

Shadow Song

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  542 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Hardcover
Published October 1st 1985 by Randall Book Co. (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Song

Web of Deceit by Susan SleemanDream of Me by Jennifer FroelichThe Unrelenting Tide by Lynnette BonnerMoonraker's Bride by Madeleine BrentTregaron's Daughter by Madeleine Brent
BEST CLEAN ROMANCE/SUSPENSE BOOKS
17th out of 65 books — 54 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleGrip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon MullRise of the Evening Star by Brandon MullSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull
Best of LDS Fiction
239th out of 272 books — 252 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie Carpenter
What can you say about well written suspense,clean romance and all around wonderful book? I think that sums it up all right there for any novel by Dorothy Keddington. I have read this more times than I remember. I loaned it to a friend years ago and just recently got it back so I reread it. Just as good as when my sister made me stay awake late on the night she first read this (of course it was the scene where Megan wanders through the woods because she saw the firelight and heard weird noises). ...more
Heather
Apr 14, 2009 Heather rated it it was ok
Keddington writes a good clean romance, and this works, too. Although I always have a hard time swallowing the instantaneous, fall in love and get married a week later kind of story. That and I am not a ranch kind of girl. Or a big fan of the music industry. That aside, I really like Cole as a character. Very lovable. And kids in romances are usually a nuisance to me, but Cole's son didn't really get in the way I thought he would. Megan had some stupid intimacy issues I couldn't relate to, so I ...more
Julee
Sep 17, 2009 Julee rated it liked it
So, if you are in the mood for a short sappy romance with a bit of non-realistic suspenseful drama, then this is your book. I am not saying that this was a favorite of mine, but sometimes you are just in the mood for something short and to the point. Something that is far fetched and has really no meaning at all. For the most part, I think I found this book enjoyable, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are one who likes to read serious things. It is one of those meet and fall in love in one day, ...more
Amy
Nov 10, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
I love her character developments in this book, the romance is believable....Mystery and plot is different and possibly controversial, but I still love how Dorothy develops her stories. I can read them over and over again.
Nellie Allred
Sep 25, 2015 Nellie Allred rated it it was amazing
My favorite book that I've read at least 20 times. It hooked me from the first page and I couldn't put it down until I was done. I love the suspense and the danger. It kept me on the edge of my seat till the very end. Loved it.
Suzanne Hollingshead
Mar 26, 2015 Suzanne Hollingshead rated it it was amazing
this is an amazing clean Romance. I enjoyed every bit of this book the mystery and romance. It makes me happy that there are romances like this around. I feel it has a G rating that even my daughter could read it.
Jun 24, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
Not my favorite. It was "clean" but more sensual than I would prefer. The setting was gorgeous though.
Stacy Buchanan
Jan 11, 2009 Stacy Buchanan rated it liked it
This book was typical of other Dorothy Keddington books that I've read, young girl meets mysterious man, falls in love, gets caught up in a mystery, solves the mystery, lives happily ever after. I can't say that I liked this one as well as the others, maybe because the mystery just wasn't that appealing. I love me a sappy romance, especially after reading something a little more complicated, but this one was just a little too rushed for my liking. I definitely recommend this book to all Dorothy ...more
Lonnie
May 15, 2015 Lonnie rated it it was ok
Probably my least favorite Keddington book.
Julie
Sep 11, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, mystery
I read this book years ago and liked so I decided to give it a re-read. Being written in the mid-80's this book has a different feel than more modern books, which is refreshing at times.
Being a hopeless romantic I find this book very romantic. I get a little sick of the big struggle between career and love nowadays, so it's nice that once they love each other the big conflict is focused on something else. What I didn't like was the excessive use of the word, "Babe," and it was a little too dark
Lindsay Gassin
Jan 15, 2014 Lindsay Gassin rated it it was ok
Girl meets strange boy, together they stumble across a mysterious murder. One week and a few swear words later they solve the case and get married. Mmm....?
Leslie
Jul 12, 2008 Leslie rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Dorothy Keddington. She is so descriptive in her writing. It is about Cole, who writes and performs his beautiful songs in concert, his home and son, and his recording studio on his large estate on the mountain. It is also about a girl who is a magazine writer sent to see and write about several concerts. It is a bit scary in a few parts, but also a love story.
Tori
Sep 05, 2011 Tori rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love the "Rancher" style. At our local bookstore, we did a booksigning and the response was amazing. So many came in with there original books in hand, claiming to have read them when they were a teen. Where was I? I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to finish her others. She even has a new one coming out...when? don't know yet..
Julie
Sep 08, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
Since this book was written in 1985 by an LDS woman, i was expecting something lame and along that line of boring. But this book surprised me with no religion what so ever. It was lent to me by a friend so I had to read it. It was a classic romance with a murder, rock n roll, drugs, mystery thrown in. There were several annoying parts, but really cute. 3 thumbs up.
Beth Pearson
Jun 07, 2013 Beth Pearson rated it it was amazing
Read this book as a teenager and liked it so much I re-read it a few times. Keddington was a ground breaker in writing romantic fiction that wasn't so "sweet & special" like a lot of Christian writers in the 80s. I liked this book so much, that I've kept it for the 25+ years since it was originally published. I can't say that for a lot of books I read.
Kimberly
Apr 13, 2008 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I love this author. She writes with such great detail, but not so much that it is overwhelming. There were some parts that were a little disturbing and scary, but it is ultimately a love story. I will most definitely read this book again in the future.
Lynzee Buck
Jul 27, 2011 Lynzee Buck rated it really liked it
A typical Dorothy Keddington book: young girl meets mysterious man, falls in love, gets caught up in a mystery, solves the mystery, lives happily ever after. I like a mushy romance now and then and you can't go wrong with a Dorothy Keddington book. Recommended for teens/young adults.
Makita
Apr 29, 2010 Makita rated it it was ok
I read this book as a teenager and loved it, I have always loved Dorothy Keddingtion. She is also one of my mom's favorite authors. I decided to reread it over the weekend and I couldn't give it more than 2 stars, it just wasn't as good as I remembered it, so sorry mom.
Janel
Oct 20, 2010 Janel rated it liked it
This book is slightly dated, but I really did get into the story line and enjoyed that it had some suspense that kept me wondering what was going to happen next. I can't say that I see the romance part as very realistic, but it was nice to pretend for a while.
Connie
Apr 13, 2013 Connie rated it liked it
I just reread this book. I found it in a box of books that I had forgotten about. The story is good but different than I remember. It was a cute love story. I'm amazed that it was published in 1985. It was a cute easy, somewhat cheesy read.
Susan
Jul 27, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
As Cody would say, "it's mushy." Story has dark undertones because of the satanic ritual and SDS affiliations. But, Cole's very sexy and he and Megan are pretty intense. I'd love to hear him sing and see his ranch!
Andrea
Apr 16, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
It was quite different from any of the other books I have read by Dorothy Keddington. It was suspensful and romantic but had some satanic stuff for its suppense purposes. Entertaining, but no my favorite.
Jeannie
May 02, 2009 Jeannie rated it liked it
I read this as a young teen. I only vaguely remember it. I remember liking it more than not. I read a couple/few of her books in those early teen days so she must have been a fairly good teen author.
Marian
Apr 13, 2009 Marian rated it it was amazing
I pull this book out every time I'm in the mood for a quick, romantic read. It's fluff. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Who doesn't love a ruggedly handsome man who can carry a tune?
Julie Seamons
Sep 02, 2009 Julie Seamons rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book of Dorothy Keddington. I enjoy her style of writing for a relax and get away book. This book made me think of Neil Diamond one of my favorite vocalist.
Alyson
Feb 11, 2011 Alyson rated it did not like it
Shelves: book-club, 2011
Sigh. It's hard to imagine a plot more dated and less relevant than this one. Writing is fair to middling is all. Don't know that I ever need to read another from this author.
Sean McCoy, LMT
Aug 14, 2012 Sean McCoy, LMT rated it did not like it
Anytime a female character stumbles across a group of satanists performing a ceremony with animal sacrifice, you just know the rest of the book is going to be painfully long.
Katie
Feb 16, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Because the reason I read is 99% to be entertained, I also enjoyed this book lots the second time around. Easy read and good entertainment.... for me.
Jan
Mar 05, 2009 Jan rated it liked it
Light, predictable, romance (pure fluff but clean). A friend brought over four of these and each made for an entertaining few evenings.
Ashlynn
Nov 22, 2010 Ashlynn rated it it was amazing
Dorothy Keddington is my favorite author! You can never go wrong with her books. Good clean mix of romance and adventure!
  • My Enemy, My Love
  • When Tomorrow Comes
  • The Heavenly Surrender
  • The Miracle of Miss Willie
  • Lockdown (Saint Squad, #2)
  • All's Fair
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • Without a Flaw