Shadow Song

Shadow Song

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  499 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Hardcover
Published October 1st 1985 by Randall Book Co. (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Song

Heather
Keddington writes a good clean romance, and this works, too. Although I always have a hard time swallowing the instantaneous, fall in love and get married a week later kind of story. That and I am not a ranch kind of girl. Or a big fan of the music industry. That aside, I really like Cole as a character. Very lovable. And kids in romances are usually a nuisance to me, but Cole's son didn't really get in the way I thought he would. Megan had some stupid intimacy issues I couldn't relate to, so I...more
Julee
So, if you are in the mood for a short sappy romance with a bit of non-realistic suspenseful drama, then this is your book. I am not saying that this was a favorite of mine, but sometimes you are just in the mood for something short and to the point. Something that is far fetched and has really no meaning at all. For the most part, I think I found this book enjoyable, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are one who likes to read serious things. It is one of those meet and fall in love in one day,...more
Not my favorite. It was "clean" but more sensual than I would prefer. The setting was gorgeous though.
Stacy Buchanan
This book was typical of other Dorothy Keddington books that I've read, young girl meets mysterious man, falls in love, gets caught up in a mystery, solves the mystery, lives happily ever after. I can't say that I liked this one as well as the others, maybe because the mystery just wasn't that appealing. I love me a sappy romance, especially after reading something a little more complicated, but this one was just a little too rushed for my liking. I definitely recommend this book to all Dorothy...more
Julie
I read this book years ago and liked so I decided to give it a re-read. Being written in the mid-80's this book has a different feel than more modern books, which is refreshing at times.
Being a hopeless romantic I find this book very romantic. I get a little sick of the big struggle between career and love nowadays, so it's nice that once they love each other the big conflict is focused on something else. What I didn't like was the excessive use of the word, "Babe," and it was a little too dark...more
Lindsay Gassin
Girl meets strange boy, together they stumble across a mysterious murder. One week and a few swear words later they solve the case and get married. Mmm....?
Leslie
Another great book by Dorothy Keddington. She is so descriptive in her writing. It is about Cole, who writes and performs his beautiful songs in concert, his home and son, and his recording studio on his large estate on the mountain. It is also about a girl who is a magazine writer sent to see and write about several concerts. It is a bit scary in a few parts, but also a love story.
Tori
I really enjoyed this book. I love the "Rancher" style. At our local bookstore, we did a booksigning and the response was amazing. So many came in with there original books in hand, claiming to have read them when they were a teen. Where was I? I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to finish her others. She even has a new one coming out...when? don't know yet..
Julie
Since this book was written in 1985 by an LDS woman, i was expecting something lame and along that line of boring. But this book surprised me with no religion what so ever. It was lent to me by a friend so I had to read it. It was a classic romance with a murder, rock n roll, drugs, mystery thrown in. There were several annoying parts, but really cute. 3 thumbs up.
Beth Pearson
Read this book as a teenager and liked it so much I re-read it a few times. Keddington was a ground breaker in writing romantic fiction that wasn't so "sweet & special" like a lot of Christian writers in the 80s. I liked this book so much, that I've kept it for the 25+ years since it was originally published. I can't say that for a lot of books I read.
Kimberly
This book was amazing. I love this author. She writes with such great detail, but not so much that it is overwhelming. There were some parts that were a little disturbing and scary, but it is ultimately a love story. I will most definitely read this book again in the future.
Lynzee Buck
A typical Dorothy Keddington book: young girl meets mysterious man, falls in love, gets caught up in a mystery, solves the mystery, lives happily ever after. I like a mushy romance now and then and you can't go wrong with a Dorothy Keddington book. Recommended for teens/young adults.
Makita
I read this book as a teenager and loved it, I have always loved Dorothy Keddingtion. She is also one of my mom's favorite authors. I decided to reread it over the weekend and I couldn't give it more than 2 stars, it just wasn't as good as I remembered it, so sorry mom.
Janel
This book is slightly dated, but I really did get into the story line and enjoyed that it had some suspense that kept me wondering what was going to happen next. I can't say that I see the romance part as very realistic, but it was nice to pretend for a while.
Connie
I just reread this book. I found it in a box of books that I had forgotten about. The story is good but different than I remember. It was a cute love story. I'm amazed that it was published in 1985. It was a cute easy, somewhat cheesy read.
Susan
As Cody would say, "it's mushy." Story has dark undertones because of the satanic ritual and SDS affiliations. But, Cole's very sexy and he and Megan are pretty intense. I'd love to hear him sing and see his ranch!
Andrea
It was quite different from any of the other books I have read by Dorothy Keddington. It was suspensful and romantic but had some satanic stuff for its suppense purposes. Entertaining, but no my favorite.
Jeannie
I read this as a young teen. I only vaguely remember it. I remember liking it more than not. I read a couple/few of her books in those early teen days so she must have been a fairly good teen author.
Marian
I pull this book out every time I'm in the mood for a quick, romantic read. It's fluff. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Who doesn't love a ruggedly handsome man who can carry a tune?
Julie Seamons
This was my favorite book of Dorothy Keddington. I enjoy her style of writing for a relax and get away book. This book made me think of Neil Diamond one of my favorite vocalist.
Alyson
Sigh. It's hard to imagine a plot more dated and less relevant than this one. Writing is fair to middling is all. Don't know that I ever need to read another from this author.
Sean McCoy, LMT
Anytime a female character stumbles across a group of satanists performing a ceremony with animal sacrifice, you just know the rest of the book is going to be painfully long.
Katie
Because the reason I read is 99% to be entertained, I also enjoyed this book lots the second time around. Easy read and good entertainment.... for me.
Jan
Light, predictable, romance (pure fluff but clean). A friend brought over four of these and each made for an entertaining few evenings.
Ashlynn
Dorothy Keddington is my favorite author! You can never go wrong with her books. Good clean mix of romance and adventure!
Belcantomom
I read this again last month...I have changed much and so has our culture. :-) It is a dated book, but I still enjoyed it.
Michaela
They know each other for a week and get married. They only know each other for three days they already start kissing.
Pamela
My favorite from this author. There is a scary-ish part. But the romance is so sweet. It is a good one.
Emily
Mar 10, 2008 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emily by: mom
A great romantic mystery book. These books were the books my mother loved when she was our age.
Cami Checketts
One of my favorite all-time books. One of the few books I've read twice.
  • When Tomorrow Comes
  • No Time for Love
  • Dusty Britches
  • Without a Flaw
  • What the Doctor Ordered
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
Jayhawk Return to Red Castle Flower of the Winds Mermaid's Purse The Fairy Thorne