Start by marking “End of Mae” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Mae was a born writer. Her life's passion was to find the ultimate story. In her quest to find the truth behind the Jersey Devil disappearances, Mae uncovers something much more sinister wandering the Whitesbog area at night. Little did she know that the ultimate story would be her own... and she'd by dying to tell it.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about End of Mae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End of Mae

Angel of Death by Karen DalesVampire Vacation by C.J. EllissonAn Angels Ascent by Christina WorrellChangeling by Karen DalesThe Hunt by C.J. Ellisson
Best Vampire Books from "New" Authors
245th out of 748 books — 1,439 voters
The Saladin Strategy by Norm ClarkBlood Slave by Travis LuedkeCrashing Back Down by Kristen Hope MazzolaEveryone Burns by John DolanOrchid by Shane K.P. O'Neill
A number of Great Indie Reads
141st out of 415 books — 415 voters

More lists with this book...

A.F.
End of Mae is an intriguingly delightful paranormal novel, with a surreal, creepy edge. It has a fast pace, a breezy tone, plus just the right touch of black humour and dark thrills.

The book tells the tale of Mae, a plucky, small-time reporter out to find her “big story”. What she finds instead is a vicious attacker and a strange world of trouble. One she might not be able to leave behind.

The author has a nice turn of phrase for setting a scene and a deft hand at weaving a character. Her villain
Michelle
Author interview: http://vilutheril.com/2011/07/05/inte...

The End of Mae is the debut novella by Angela Yuriko Smith, an American born writer currently living in Australia. While Angela has been quite a successful non-fiction writer for years The End of Mae is her first foray into the perilous realm of speculative fiction. The novella spans approximately 66 pages, with a non-fiction section at the end, and provides a legitimately creepy atmosphere, interesting characters, a touch of dark humour,
Jenn
RECEIVED FROM: The Author For Review

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Mae is a small town journalist investigating tales of the Jersey Devil in hopes of finding that big story that will take her to a larger publication. During her investigation she is attacked and almost killed by a frightening obsidian creature, then abducted to an unknown location. There she meets a man who looks like angel, but acts like the devil himself. When the man takes an interest in her survival Mae is drawn
Annabell
Brought to you by OBS staff member Annabell Cadiz

Author: Angela Yuriko Smith

Synopsis: Mae was a born writer. Her life's passion was to find the ultimate story. In her quest to find the truth behind the Jersey Devil disappearances, Mae uncovers something much more sinister wandering the Whitebog area at night.

Rachael
Mae is searching for a story that will move her from small town journalist to big city reporter. She finds just that when she begins investigating the Jersey Devil disappearances and is, herself, made to disappear.

End of Mae was a quick, easy read with a lot more twists and turns than one would expect from a novel of its size. The author did an awesome job of setting the scene, and was very generous in her use of imagery. I felt as though I were laying on that white marble slab with her, beyond
Sheila
Angela Smith’s novel, End Of Mae, ends with a nicely researched analysis of the Jersey Devil myth. Perhaps this is the story her protagonist Mae was looking for—it’s not one that I’m familiar with, so I certainly enjoyed learning about it. Mae, however, might not enjoy what’s coming for her as she waits, one dark night, journalistic pen in hand, for that final bit of evidence she hopes will lead to fame and fortune.

Beset by mis-fortunate mis-steps, unsure of what’s real and what’s dreamt, Mae’s
C.E. Hart
Mae, a naïve and eager writer, hopes to boost her career from small town reporter, by researching the eerie disappearances (believed to be caused by the Jersey Devil Monster) that occurred in the woods of Whitesbog. While investigating the woods at night, she is captured by the mysterious monster, and her life becomes a nightmare. She is taken to a unfamiliar place with strange beings and happenings. (This is where I cringed and winced.) To say she was beaten is to put it lightly. She soon yearn ...more
Cassie McCown
By: Angela Yuriko Smith
ASIN: B0053CPO1U
Published May 29, 2011
Available Format: Paperback, ebook

My Rating: ★★★★☆

Mae is a small-town journalist on the cusp of an exciting story when something suddenly attacks her. She wakes in a dark room and is confronted with what she can only describe as an angel. On the brink of death, Mae is whisked away to a strange mansion full of bizarre people. The most thrilling story might be her very own, and she is dying to tell it.

I’m certainly glad I took
Jennifer Warrick Davis
I was given and e-copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.

The book is about a journalist named Mae. She hopes to take her career to a higher level by writing a story about the disappearances that are thought to be linked to the Jersey Devil. Little did she know that her research might just land her in a position to be writing the story as a victim. Will this story be the one that makes her career soar, or will it be the end of Mae?

I have read a few fiction and non-fiction books/articl
OpenBookSociety.com
Angela Yuriko Smith

Review brought to you by OBS staff member Annabell Cadiz

Synopsis: Mae was a born writer. Her life’s passion was to find the ultimate story. In her quest to find the truth behind the Jersey Devil disappearances, Mae uncovers something much more sinister wandering the Whitebog area at night.

Little did she know that the ultimate story would be her own… and she’d by dying to tell it.

Review: The End of Mae is about a sassy, yet naive, small town reporter named Mae. She is
Autumn
I received this book from the author to give an honest review.

I am going to give this book 4 stars because, well I felt as though it didn't quite flow together and I had a lot of questions that the book did not seem to answer for me. Maybe to others it will so I do suggest you give this book a try and see if you enjoy it. This is a paranormal novella and good for the YA age.

End of Mae starts off to where the main character in the book Mae is a small-town reporter looking for a "big" story to ge
M (aka DarkBeauty73)
Well let me first same that I loved it. I was captivate by the story from the first page. It kept me wanting to know what was coming next. Never could I guess what was to come. I couldn't put it down and to me that is the true test of a good book. Even when I had to due to the fact I have a 7 year old to take care of I couldn't wait to get back and continue reading it. I had it read in one day.

I would highly recommend this book to any one who likes a roller coaster of a ride while reading, lots
Crystal Clifton
May 27, 2012 Crystal Clifton rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Crystal by: Angela Yuriko Smith
OK at first I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this book but the more I got into it the more I loved it. Mae is a journalist looking for that one BIG story to break her into the big time. In the process of this she starts looking into the Jersey Devil disappearances and she becomes one of those who disappears. She is held by Heylel and meets up with a real witch of a woman named Prym and a Dr. Smeltzer who helps with her injuries. Anyway I think most people who like scarey entity type s ...more
Angela Smith
May 02, 2012 Angela Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Elke
Elke added it
May 25, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Mirela Savova
Mirela Savova marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Miranda Starmz
Miranda Starmz marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Danielle Smiley
Danielle Smiley marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Jerr
Jerr marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Angela Yuriko Smith works for a weekly newspaper by day, hosts a weekly internet radio show called Journal Jabber, with Amy Eye, and blogs daily. Her published works include fiction and nonfiction and have been included in various anthologies.

Currently she is working on End of Daze, the work that began with End of Mae. Mother of four, author of more, she is on a desperate search to find a cure for
More about Angela Yuriko Smith...
Mr. Bonejangles Other Tales of Dark Karma No Money Marketing: All You Need is Like End of Joon (End of Daze) Mr. Bonejangles & Other Tales of Dark Karma Don't Worry, Star