Start by marking “Winter's Edge” as Want to Read:
Winter's Edge

Winter's Edge

After a car wreck, Molly awakens with amnesia and is released into the custody of the man she apparently married and then separated from. As she recovers and someone tries to kill her, she wonders whether she was fleeing her husband the night she lost her memory. Written by one of Harlequin's top-selling authors, this book is being reissued as part of the "Harlequin Makes ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Harlequin (first published July 1995)

Black Ice by Anne StuartRuthless by Anne StuartIce Blue by Anne StuartCold As Ice by Anne StuartIce Storm by Anne Stuart
Best Anne Stuart Books
35th out of 68 books — 132 voters
Ladykiller by Sheryl LynnBodyguard by Leona KarrA Killer Smile by Laura KennerDrop Dead Gorgeous by Patricia RosemoorTrust with Your Life by M.L. Gamble
Dangerous Men - Harlequin Intrigue
7th out of 18 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Dina
Dec 03, 2011 Dina rated it it was ok
Recommended to Dina by: Cristina from Bookmooch
I've read - and loved - several books by Anne Stuart lately, so I was more than excited to read this one even though amnesia stories aren't that attractive to me. But, hey, Lisa Kleypas made it work in Someone to Watch Over Me so I trusted Ms. Stuart to pull it off too.

Oh boy, I'm afraid to say she didn't - not for me, anyway.

Ms. Stuart can write, there's no question about it, and that's what kept me turning the pages, but there were too many holes in the plot to prevent me from fully enjoying t
Heather *live on coffee & flowers*
Why do I do these things to myself.

Review

Apparently, if I see an Anne Stuart novel, I have to pick it up.

I don't actively seek out amnesia stories, but I'm curious enough to read them every now and then. This one started off strongly and I thought I was really going to like it, but it started to fall apart around the 40-50% mark.

I did like the heroine, and the romance was actually kind of heartwarming. I must have been in a sappy mood.

2.5 stars.
Jacqueline
I love a good amnesia story. This one was pretty good. The heroine was pretty good. The hero was not as well developed as I would have liked. It felt very much like a melodramatic old Harlequin Presents. Familiar story of a younger girl who has loved the older hero since she was sixteen. There's the older woman who steers her wrong in order to ruin her chances with the hero etc. Here though we find out her history as she does rather than in explantations or flashbacks. Really good if you like ...more
Jessica
Apr 26, 2016 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: category-romance
One of my least favorite Stuart novels. The hero was a total douche. And I'm judging him in comparison with other Stuart heroes here -- not very appealing at all. The heroine grew on me over time, but a lot of her development was built around slut-shaming, which I'm not really down for. Even the amnesia plot was less wackadoo-fun than I would expect from this author.
SmittenKitten
Molly left her home five weeks ago and was found in a car crash with an unidentified dead man. She wakes up in a hospital with amnesia, so her husband, Patrick, brings her to the home she left. Patrick believes Molly is lying about the amnesia and he is angry about their farce of a marriage. His treatment towards her is quite harsh. Molly tries to uncover why her husband hates her, what happened five weeks ago that made her leave, and who is still trying to kill her.

I was reluctant to read this
Killian
Feb 14, 2016 Killian rated it really liked it
I quite liked this story. The villan was obvious but the other mystery details weren't so it was a fun read. Definitely stayed up way to late a few nights to read it so I count that as a win.
thadine
Apr 08, 2012 thadine rated it it was ok
Chris
The synopsis has a great potential to be a better novel. Sadly, too many plot holes were invested in these story and it didn't carry the Stuart's trademark of GAMMA heroes with their SPITFIRE heroines. I was presented with both spoiled brat characters with cold and detached demeanor.

The hero, Patrick Winters was a cold, womanizer, bastard husband while Molly was the supposed to be the stupid, slut bitch of the family with an unexplainable amnesia turning her into a different person, a sudden cas
Twiggy
May 20, 2013 Twiggy rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Mystery romance with amnesia, horses and a gloomy hero all thrown in.

Molly wakes up in hospital with total amnesia to find herself under suspicion by the police as she was found with a dead body and a load of cash. She is told by a nurse that her husband is gorgeous but kind of hates her.

Of course none of this bothers Molly and she flings herself into the hostile home environment with no anxiety what so ever.

There are various stereotypical family hangers on and associates out to cause trouble
Kara
Oct 22, 2016 Kara rated it did not like it
I expected a lot with this book because amnesia is my kind of thing, but my expectations were not met, not even close, I was instead disappointed.
Sönïa Dhillion
It was a good read it delivered what it promised. This is suppose to be a romance with a heroine with amnesia and a hero that doesn't believe her which was what happened in the book. I enjoyed the fact that M.S Stuart kept true to the amnesia bit. What I mean by that is sometimes with amnesia related themes authors forget the whole process and extent of confusion or fear, the rollercoaster feelings but this was not the case with winter's edge so that was good.

Whoever I personally hated the fact
natasha
Sep 23, 2016 natasha rated it did not like it
Dissapointment. This is the first anne stuart book i actually cannnot read any more of. Did not finish at chapter eight. I felt absolutely nothing for the charachters, the plot was more than slow and it reminded nothing of the anne stuart i have come to love through the years. I love a good amnesia ridden hero/heroine but this was not it for me.Off to another one!
Andy
Dec 11, 2015 Andy rated it liked it
This book was odd but good. The minor hiccups could be summed up in one major hiccup. I couldn't figure out the era this book took place in.
There were cars but few telephones, women wore cut off jeans and t-shirts but there was quite a fuss when someone didn't dress for dinner. There was child marriage(?) or at least a teen bride. A doctor who made house calls but not a home pregnancy test to be found. Civilization was miles away but everyone seemed to show up just in time to murder or save som
Anne Holly
Jun 12, 2016 Anne Holly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-away
I didn't care for this, at all. The new cover doesn't do much to hide its old category feel, and the attitudes within certainly betray a gone-and-not-missed phase of romance in which brutish behaviour from the "hero" and weak submission from the heroine is mistaken for romance. The plot reads like a bad movie of the week, and I didn't care for any character in this book. (Really, only the housekeeper is in any way even pleasant; the reformed heroine is determinedly perfect, but in some very ...more
Darla Stokes
Sep 19, 2013 Darla Stokes rated it liked it
Another Anne Stuart oldie, this one with a suspense/amnesia plot. I'm less patient with amnesia plots than I used to be, and the hero that hates or acts like he hates the heroine for most of the book is what turned me off of romance in the 90s. Plus, there's a big plot point solved unrealistically (see how I'm avoiding spoilers here?), and that irritated me, too.

Obviously, I didn't hate it--3 stars means "liked it," after all. Anne Stuart's writing is always engaging. It just wasn't what I neede
Ayu Wirdha
Aug 31, 2013 Ayu Wirdha rated it really liked it
Molly, Patrick, Uncle Willy, Aunt Ermy, Toby, Lisa, Mrs Morse......sebagian besar dr mereka adalah penjahat semua.

Baru kali ini ga terlalu suka dgn karakter hero-nya. Udah keras kepala nolak Molly dgn alasan yg dibuat2 pdhal cinta mati, sempet selingkuh ama Lisa pdhal blm cerai.....nuduh macem2 ke Molly pula ihhhh

Tapi alur ceritanya enak, tdk bertele2 & berkepanjangan, suka dgn karakter Molly. Sebagai pembaca, kita diajak mengetahui potongan cerita bersamaan dgn kembalinya ingatan Molly dr a
Joanne
Apr 16, 2011 Joanne rated it liked it
After a car wreck Molly Winters awakes with amnesia. She was traveling with an unidentifed man who was killed and money in the trunk of her car but she can't remember a thing. She is released into the custody of her husband who she was entranged from and must stay at their old home. She can't remember her husband or why he hates her and she learns that someone is trying to kill her but no one believes her.
Cristina
Carino, ma non entusiasmante. E' un romanzo sottiletta (sotto le 300 pagine) molto classico: eroina piena di soldi, un sacco di parenti interessati, un marito distante da riconquistare, un'amnesia forse vera, forse no.

Per un pomeriggio di pioggia e freddo da passare sul divano è perfetto e gli si perdonano anche un paio di discrepanze e qualche incongruenza nella trama. Però la Stuart ha scritto decisamente di meglio ^_^.
Kath
Oct 25, 2009 Kath rated it liked it
Quick and light read. I always enjoy a story that has amnesia in the storyline and this was no exception. I did have some issues with this story and thought that Patrick was just a plain jerk. I supose he may have had so provation, however seems to me that he was never true to Molly, even as their marriage started. Really liked Molly though and thought she deserved better than the man she idolized as a teenager.

Will probably check out more from this author though.
Tanisha
Apr 12, 2016 Tanisha rated it it was ok
Not the best work of Anne. Starting was amazing but other than that nothing went well.
The story had many loopholes. The villain totally unsuitable. And I found the characters totally foolish.
The heroine after loosing memory have a total change of personality. The misunderstanding between characters went beyond logic.
MoNique
Aug 29, 2012 MoNique rated it did not like it
Shelves: read__in__2012
Focused more on suspence than on romance. Hero didn't grovel at all.
Recommended on Amazon discussions and was eager to get a hold of this book but was slightly dissapointed, I expected more.
Joanie
May 24, 2011 Joanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of characters-Patrick, Molly, Lisa, Uncle Willy, Mrs. Morse and Aunt Ermy. But who really did all the crimes? There was romance along with suspense. A nice read!
FeliciaKaren
FeliciaKaren rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2011
Mireyah Wolfe
Mireyah Wolfe rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
JC
JC rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Krystle Brooks
Krystle Brooks rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Lunadune
Lunadune rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2014
Hariseldon
Hariseldon rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2011
Lacy
Lacy rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2009
  • Secret Seduction
  • Takedown (The Precinct, #12)
  • Green Lightning
  • The Unforgettable Husband (Amnesia)
  • Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming  (Cooper, #1)
  • Waking Up
  • Devil In Disguise
  • Loving Jenny
  • The Doctor's Runaway Bride
  • A Rich Man's Revenge
  • Intangible Dream
  • Exile's End   (Conard County, #1)
  • Classified Christmas (Whitehorse Montana, #4)
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • Dark Summer Dawn
  • Cry of the Wild
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...

“She might have forgotten names and faces and people and events, but she hadn't forgotten emotions.” 1 likes