Compassion Centered Care:  Caring Effectively and Therapeutically for the Elderly

Compassion Centered Care: Caring Effectively and Therapeutically for the Elderly

4.9 of 5 stars 4.90  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The author introduces Compassion Centered Care (CCC) as a new framework for creative and healing practice in elder care. She points out that elder neglect prevails in today’s health care system and argues for therapeutic care giving. Using the interview method, the author frames Compassion Centered Care in such a way that helps relieve pain and suffering in the elderly. Th...more
Published May 25th 2010 (first published July 11th 2009)

Brenda Whitner
Excellent book to read if you are caring for the elderly. Very quick read. Only took me a couple of hours.
Glenn

Another captivating work of Maureen Uche, that providing us a vast of knowledge and a glimpse of care of our elderly parents. Maureen eloquently and poetically described the compassion in caring the elders.. The “Compassion Centered Care” is well written briefing the readers on some of the important issues concerning regarding the aged and neglect treatment of our elderly parent. The book contains the wide range of important provision in handling and caring effectively to our elderly.

This book p...more
Martin Coco
This book helps put the rage and other mixed emotions in a much clearer perspective, and leaves you with the understanding that it is a natural reaction to feel all those things, it's how you deal with those feelings that is important. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is caring for, or anticipating the care of, an aging parent. It probably will not change the inevitable chain of events, but it may bring a sense of balance to your life.
Julia Reese
The book is well organized, easy to understand, and honest about the realities of the difficulties of aging in our society. My advice to those with questions about Eldercare is to buy this book, use it, and share it with those in your immediate family. You will be in a better position to handle the complex situations that emerge as you navigate this part of your family life cycle.
Charlotte
I bought this book to learn how I could help my mother take care of her father and found it extremely helpful. The text was written clearly and in an understandable language, and it covers information that are essential on taking care of the old. this book did a great job on pointing you in the right direction. It makes a very complex problem seem manageable.
Derick
The author writes about creative and healing practice caring for the old. She points out issues concerning the elderly which are often overlooked .This problem prevails in today’s health care system.
Chloe Ledesma
This book is an essential reference book for anyone who is or will be caring for the elderly. It is clearly written, carefully researched and thoroughly indexed to provide quick access to all questions.
Richard

the author's discuss elder neglect, abuse, and mistreatment that has become more prominent today.This book let us know lessons on aging and how most elders are treated in the home care.
Ana Rae
I came across this book while researching ageism and it really opened my eyes! I highly recommend it to anyone nearing retirement age and also to people who are caring for the old ones
Zacky
The book reads very comfortably. Aging parents are not the easiest to care for. You need perseverance, love, and tons of patience. This book has been extremely helpful .
Rommel Suliguin
Uche has done it again! She presents another fascinating and well-researched book. I highly recommend it!
Vanessa Narciso
This is a good book for people who need to be guided on how to properly care for the elderly.
Charlotte Lejarde
A must read for caregivers especially if you're caring for the elderly!
Nicolette
Nicolette marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Beth Mckee
Beth Mckee marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Comforcare Senior
Comforcare Senior marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Megan Ramsey
Megan Ramsey marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Cha Cha
Cha Cha marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Omu Spirituality:  Women as Essential Mystics The Healer's Prayers Cultural availability: A Handbook for all clinicians Pastoral Diagnosis: Four cases are examined The Caregiver as a Healer: Exploring Care giving as a Curative Practice