Start by marking “I'm a Tiger too” as Want to Read:
I'm a Tiger too

I'm a Tiger too

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Friends can be found in all sorts of places, if your imagination is big enough-- in the yard, under the tree, by the pond. But as this handsome picture book shows, sometimes the best friend of all turns up when you least expect it.
Published April 1st 2002 by Roaring Brook Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about I'm a Tiger too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm a Tiger too

Sandi Roe
This was great for a recent "Let's Pretend" themed story time. The boy in this story pretends to be everything from a tiger to a wolf. He tries to entertain himself using his imagination, but in the ends makes a new friend that likes to play pretend just like he does.
Tim
Aug 13, 2008 Tim rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pre-K teachers or School Librarians
I'm a Tiger Too is an international picture book published in the UK. A simple picture book with few words on each page. As is common with Fitzpatrick's creative style, the illustrations convey most of the story. The story is about a little boy imagines being a tiger, wolf, and sailor. The boy seems lonely as we see that his only playmates are that of a cat, dog, and goldfish. A reader will be glad to know that by the end, the little boy has more than just animal friends. I would use it in a pre ...more
Brooke
This is a cute book about a boy who uses his imagination. Then he meets a friend who likes to use his imagination, too. Great lapsit book!
Brittany Long
This was a cute little book that could be used in a dramatic play area where pre-k or kindergarten children could act out each scene or put on a puppet show for a reader's theater segment to enhance their imaginative skills.
Paris
I would recommend this book to Kindergarteners. The boy in this book uses his imagination and pretends to be a tiger, wolf and sailor. This is a great book to teach punctuation.
Charles Norris
Good book about a boy with a great imagination and a lack of friends. I really liked how the illustrations conveyed every bit of the story.
Sarah added it
Anna
Anna added it
Feb 19, 2013
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2008
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2008
I’m a Dubliner living in Wicklow and I’ve been making picturebooks for over twenty years.

I like to use the picturebook form to explore emotions and observe the moments in our childhood that turn and shape us.

My first children’s novel, Timecatcher was published with Orion Publishers UK in May 2010 and my YA novel, Dark Warning, came out this January. Timecatcher is a ghost/adventure story set in
More about Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick...
There Dark Warning I Am I Lizzy and Skunk Hagwitch