Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  9 reviews
“Father’s Day is nothing but a greeting card holiday,” is what Papa says. If that’s the way Papa feels, then his family just won’t celebrate this year. But, as the big day rolls around, and there’s no card, no gift, and no breakfast in bed, Papa’s spirits sink lower and lower. That’s when the cubs spring on him their wonderful Papa’s Day surprise!

From the Trade Paperback e
Published April 13th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published April 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise

Amara
Marcie
The Berenstain Bears and the Papa's Day Surprise, by Stan and Jan Berenstain, is about Brother and Sister Bear's surprise for all of the dads on Father's Day. They act like they're not going to do anything for their dad on Father's Day, but they plan a huge community breakfast and get him a chair that he wanted. The Berenstain Bears is a series of fantasy books, but also a TV show that I enjoyed as a child. Each episode or book is a story about common events that happen in kids' lives, even if t ...more
Derek Mahar
Sophia enjoyed reading this story more than the last Bernstein Bears book that we read!
Beth
I love "The Berenstain Bears" series, and I really wanted to like this book too. The Father's Day elements were sweet.

But as far as lessons in ethics, the Bears missed it this time around. Lying is okay when it's in furtherance of keeping secrets? Really? REALLY?
Miri
Celebrate Father's day with the Berenstain Bears. Papa scoffs at father's day and says he doesn't want to celebrate, but as the day draws nearer he softens and begins to worry that his family won't celebrate father's day.
Madelyn
I loved when he got the chair at the end. I like it because it was cute to see the little baby being fed by papa.
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Tiny Mendoza
Made me miss my dad so much!
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kaylight
Kaylight marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Chrissy Bishop
Chrissy Bishop marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jocey
Jocey added it
Sep 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV