Start by marking “The Baby's Bodyguard (Emerald Coast 911, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Baby's Bodyguard (Emerald Coast 911, #7)

The Baby's Bodyguard (Emerald Coast 911 #7)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A shocking discoveryWhen an anonymous text message arrives with photos of tiny hands and feet--and GPS coordinates--Florida cop Ethan Clark believes it's a prank. Then he follows the coordinates to an abandoned toddler. Handing Janie Doe over to caring child services worker Kelsey Rogers, Ethan thinks his job is done...until the little girl turns out to be a kidnap victim. ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Baby's Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby's Bodyguard

Michelle
Oct 22, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emerald Coast 911
Book 7

In the final book of this series, we meet Clark brother, Ethan. I was excited to read his story and find out what really happened to his family. Ethan seemed rather depressed in the previous book, so I wanted to see him find happiness again - and he did...

The author revealed something in this book that was a nice surprise. She dealt with a controversial issue in a very good way. I'm not sure I would have had the strength to do what Ethan had to do. It would have been hard.
Judy
Aug 02, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby's Bodyguard by Stephanie Newton. Love Inspired. 978-0-373-44453-3

The 7th Book in Emerald Coast 911. Stephanie has continues with the suspense and danger that the other books held. In this book she brings to light the issues of human trafficking and baby selling. And the sensitive issue of finding a baby that was stolen and adopted out.

Flashpoint was Matt Clark's story. Point Blank Protector was Tyler Clark's story and we also met Ethan Clark. This is Ethan's story. When he was undercove
Kari Anderson
Sep 19, 2011 Kari Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethan Clark has lived through more hurt than most people in their entire lives. While undercover with the FBI, trying to bust a human trafficking ring, Clark’s wife and son were killed in an explosion… or so he thought.

He takes a less stressful job policing Florida’s waterways… or so he thought. Everything changes when he is sent a picture of a baby and GPS coordinates.

He finds a baby, but also finds that this baby may just open up a wound he thought was already healed over.

He has some help, ret
Lisa Phillips
Honestly, this book was a nice surprise. I’ve found with a lot of the Love Inspired Suspense books I’ve read, that after a while they get kind of samey.
The Baby’s Bodyguard broke the mold. The reason I say this, is because while it was essentially a suspenseful romance between a former FBI agent and a social worker, there was so much more to it.
Clearly part of a series, the fact this was the first Stephanie Newton book I’ve read didn’t hinder my enjoyment. In fact, it made me want to seek out t
Rhonda
Aug 23, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Baby's Bodyguard deals with a tough subject of women and children trafficing. It is a emotional book when you know so much of it still happens.
But I did enjoy routing for Ethan and Kelsey and booing the bad guys.
Two years ago Ethan was undercover on women trafficing when is son and wife were killed. Now someone is using his son picture to get him to rescue a little girl they named Jane. Jane was all alone on a boat and her GPS was sent to Ethan to check and see about his son.
Kelsey his th
Abbie
Ethan once worked as an undercover FBI agent till a horrible tragedy took the life of his wife and young son. Now he works as a cop in Florida. He finds a young girl and finds himself working with Kelsey who works with child services. Kelsey is working hard to help children and finds herself attached to both the little girl and the cop who found her. Soon some news comes that maybe Ethan's young son did not die with his wife and he and Kelsey find themselves on a dangerous time limited hunt to f ...more
Scooper Speaks
Aug 04, 2011 Scooper Speaks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Lines: He unzipped her and nearly gagged. “What kind of crime scene do we have here, little miss? I think we might need the hazmat team.” (p. 56, egalley)

BLAM! That’s how this story began. With a knockout punch that promised me a kick ass story. After the explosive prologue, The Baby’s Bodyguard had a lot to live up to and I felt like I was guaranteed a winning story.

I was right. From beginning to end, there were no moments when I even considered setting the book down. Because The Baby’
Mojca
I’m not a fan of the H/S Love Inspired line, because for a non-believer (at least someone who doesn’t believe in God) these stories tend to come through as preachy. I picked this one up solely on account of a reading challenge - yes, I did read a few reviews before I did - and I actually wasn’t disappointed.

Don’t get me wrong, this is from the Love Inspired, so God is mentioned, so is praying, but I didn’t feel like the author tried to “make me see reason”, if you know what I mean. The genre als
Cleffairy
Jul 22, 2011 Cleffairy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 22 July 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5768

I just love dependable men who can handle babies. Don’t you? Well, I’m surely a sucker for those who are man enough not to be afraid to get their hands dirty while changing diapers.

This story is not only exhilarating, but thrilling as well. I daresay the author intends to intoxicate the readers with an adrenaline rush.

I enjoyed reading this book very much and I’d say that this one is definitely a keepe
Suzanne
Sep 27, 2013 Suzanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethan Clark was an undercover FBI agent two years ago involved in a human trafficking sting. He witnessed wife and son dying in a restaurant explosion, murdered.

Ethan is alerted that there's an abandoned baby in a boat one day. He finds her and his life will never be the same. He meets a Social Worker who helps him out. They discover the baby girl is very sick or she would've been sold as part of an illegal adoption operation. He finds out this operation is connected to the human trafficking ope
Alison
Apr 04, 2014 Alison rated it really liked it
The hokey title almost kept me from reading it, but it was really quite good. This won't be the last Stephanie Newton I read because I think she's a talented storyteller.
Brenda C. McAllister
AWESOME!!!!!

I love babies and happy endings. What an awesome story. And God was in the middle of it. I love it love it, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruth
Mar 24, 2012 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had read Tyler & Gracie's story, so it was with great joy that I read (in less than 5 hrs) the story of Ethan & Kelsey. Restoration Cove sounds like a lovely place to visit despite the circumstances that brought them there. I can't imagine having to run barefoot, fleeing for my life with a toddler in my arms. Ethan Clark is a protector-type, courtesy of his former status in the FBI. Baby Janie has a heart deffect and is in need of surgery, but her life is in danger from an evil man fro ...more
Lena Rollins
One amazing read, even though it is a short book.
Kerry  sullivan
This is the first novella I have wanted to give a 0.5 of a star for so this is a 4.05 out of 5 stars. This is a sad and poignant story with a serious message to it. the story drew me in and kept my interest the whole way through. For me the only draw back was the religious aspect but as they say it takes all sorts to make a world and it wasn't overstated so it was liveable. I will admit that had I know about the religious stance I would not have read it but that would have been my loss as it was ...more
Tamera Westhoff
Mar 21, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! I always like the Love Inspired Suspense more than the Love Inspired, and this one didn't disappoint. Although it was pretty easy to tell who the bad guys were, I was surprised as to what happened with his son. Usually everything turns out fantastic at the end and that wasn't exactly the case. I enjoy that! I know I've read one in this series before, but I really should backtrack and read the rest of them!
Judine
I love that Newton gives Ethan a new life without completely losing his old one. The balance of his love for Amy with his new life with Kelsey makes up for the short timeline.
John Hanscom
Jul 03, 2011 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Almost 4 1/2. These books, though enjoyable, tend to be lightweight and formulaic. This one broke the old, until right at the very end, but, by then, the mystery was solved.
Nina
Jul 13, 2011 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book, love the story line,
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Emerald Coast 911
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Emerald Coast 911
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Kathy Smith
Kathy Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Lisa Huckins
Lisa Huckins is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2016
Sandra Myers
Sandra Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Jen Larson
Jen Larson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Barb
Barb rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Kyndra Jones
Kyndra Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 25, 2015 10:30AM
Award-winning author Stephanie Newton lives in Alabama with her pastor husband and three children, aged 23 months to 21 years. A Southern girl through and through, she loves sweet tea, SEC football, corn on the cob and air conditioning. She’s written eight books for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line.
More about Stephanie Newton...

Emerald Coast 911 (7 books)
  • Perfect Target (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #142) (Emerald Coast 911, #1
  • Moving Target (Emerald Coast 911, #2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #161)
  • Smoke Screen (Emerald Coast 911, #3) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #181)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Holiday Havoc: Yuletide Sanctuary\Christmas Target (Emerald Coast 911, #5)
  • Point Blank Protector (Emerald Coast 911 #5)