Start by marking “Dark Revelations (Level 26, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Revelations (Level 26, #3)

Dark Revelations (Level 26 #3)

The conclusion to the groundbreaking Level 26 trilogy, a series of edgy, unconventional thrillers about an FBI operative tasked with the ultimate search-and-destroy mission: to take down the world's most dangerous serial killers. Anthony E. Zuiker's Level 26 novels have blazed a highly successful interactive trail, with a groundbreaking cross-platform combination of novel ...more
Published December 29th 2011 by Dutton (first published 2011)

Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
This was a good wrap up for this trilogy. Not a bad series but the second and third book wasn't as good as the first. Nice to see the MC could do both his job and be a father. Another good serial killer series.
Josh
Apr 21, 2017 Josh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, crime, read_2017
With each book in the Level 26 series since Dark Origins (#1), the polish seems to wear off. Each subsequent installment feels more rushed and less plausible than it's predecessor. In Dark Revelations, series protagonist Steve Dark, famous for his uncanny ability to hunt down the worlds worst serial killers and bring them to justice or wipe them off the face of the earth somehow manages to piece together answers to each twisted puzzle seemingly out of thin air and has his new team (the cheesy-na ...more
Brenda
The final book. And this story did not dissapointed. Now we know who is behind Global Alliance and they want Dark. I find the plot very well developed and the scenes very good but with a lot of fiction and imagination too!!!!!!!!!!

Now Dark is after Labyrinth a person who is making bad people in example and the same time trying to rebuild the world. Everything was planned and how can they stop this madness. Secrects we had, secrects we did not tell. The vilan and his actions scared me a bit and o
Thessbuecherwelt
May 26, 2016 Thessbuecherwelt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
besser als der zweite aber an den ersten hat es nicht gereicht.
Tom Dye
Nov 16, 2011 Tom Dye rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Steve Dark would never have thought that his career hunting Level 26 killers and his role as a father could coexist. Indeed, it had taken Dark a long time to know he could do both. But now there is something worse than a Level 26 killer out there, Labyrinth is out there, and Steve Dark’s next job might be the most important job a father ever had.

Dark Revelations will have you racing through a suspenseful maze of twists and turns, told in the first-person narrative by both Dark and Labyrinth. Eve
Bücher_bummel
3 1/2 waren es tatsächlich =)
I can't believe I'm putting myself through book three – book one was bad and book two was worse (how was that possible?), but I still want to know how it gets resolved...

****

So, that's done. I'm a little surprised it was the best book in the series, if only because it contains the fewest errors. The plot's still outlandishly ridiculous, the writing's still overdone (subtlety and nuance are conspicuous in their absence) and the characters are still one dimensional, but by golly the story rips al
Etienne
Feb 19, 2016 Etienne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conclusion intéressante à une série qui a eue des hauts et des bas, mais qui demeure divertissante. C'est la même chose pour ce troisième tome, des hauts, des bas, un livre qui demeure simple, mais qui divertit. Le «méchant» est bien pensé et originale, par contre la fin est un peu prévisible et trop hollywoodienne pour moi. L'ensemble des personnages est un peu stagné dans son évolution et peu de choses ce passe à ce niveau. Bref, un 3,5 serait plus précis comme note. Un roman policier, qui sui ...more
Cheryl Cooper
Oct 02, 2014 Cheryl Cooper rated it it was amazing
Loved this series. Yes the proofreading could have been better but I don't let that spoil a book for me. I had an idea of who the murderer was about half way through but I still enjoyed how it all unfolded. We learn even more about Steve Dark and how he adapts to his "calling". So glad I read these books.
Lilann
Feb 01, 2012 Lilann rated it it was amazing
Great book. In addition to reading the book, you are also able to go online and after keying in a code that is given at the end of some of the chapters you can watch a digital cyberbridge. Make sure you read the first two books in the Level 26 series, Dark Origins and Dark Prophecy.
LeseMaus
Feb 04, 2015 LeseMaus rated it liked it
Der 1.Teil ist der beste
Wondarer
Jun 08, 2017 Wondarer rated it really liked it
Finally I've completed the trilogy. Well it was a good ending. Even though among the trilogy, I very much prefer the first one cause it gives me creeps.

Kudos to the author for the fascinating trilogy. It took me longer to complete the third book unlike the 1st and 2nd. Nevertheless it has been a fruitful journey on Level 26.
Crini
Oct 16, 2011 Crini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Auch im letzten Teil der Trilogie steht Steve Dark einem fürchterlichen Serienkiller bevor und auch hier schlägt er wieder eine neue Richtung ein, um diesem das Handwerk zu legen.

Welche Richtung hier eingeschlagen wird, hat mir besonders gut gefallen, da es so nie langweilig wird und immer wieder neue Figuren und Handlungen aufkommen. So wurde Band 3 nicht zu einem simplen Abklatsch von Band 1, der bloß einen anderen Serienkiller enthält, sondern versorgt den Leser mit genügend Abwechslung. Somi
Christina
Feb 26, 2017 Christina rated it liked it
Hmmmm... Hmmmmmm... I don't know.

It never reached the creepyness from book 1 but at least the short movies were better than the second one.

As for the story it felt super rushed in the end.. I still have some "questions" left (view spoiler)

Yeah so, I liked the t
Ru
Feb 17, 2013 Ru rated it really liked it
Often preposterous and implausible, I still found this cat-and-mouse thriller to be entertaining on every page and a worthy conclusion to the "Level 26" series. This novel is full of warts, there is simply no getting around that; it is a little more like a pulp fiction story than a tightened-up, buttoned-down detective novel. But, it needs to be this way: the protagonist, Steve Dark, is the world's greatest serial killer manhunter - so, when that is your profession, it only stands to reason that ...more
Sandra
Jan 02, 2017 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Et voilà, j'ai terminé cette saga, et je crois que ce tome 3 est celui que j'ai préféré. Au programme, un nouveau tueur de niveau 26 : Labyrinthe, un homme insaisissable qui abandonne dans son sillage des morts mis en scène aux quatre coins du monde, et toujours dans des situations grandioses avec le plus large public possible afin de transmettre ses messages.

Il agit toujours de la même manière : un paquet est envoyé quelque part, dans lequel se trouvent une devinette et des objets, afin que la
Knit Spirit
Dec 25, 2012 Knit Spirit rated it liked it
Ce livre est le 3ème volet des aventures de Steve Dark, un chasseur de tueurs en série. Pour information, avant de lire ce livre, je n’avais lu que le tome 1 qui m’avait un peu déçue (cf. les commentaires sur l’article de MonsieurThomas).
Dès les premières lignes, j’ai été embarquée dans l’histoire qui démarre sur les chapeaux de roue. Steve Dark travaille désormais pour l’Alliance Globale et un nouveau tueur de niveau 26 a fait son apparition, il se fait appeler Labyrinthe et est bien décidé à c
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Dave
Jan 12, 2012 Dave rated it it was ok
Not my favorite of the three 'Level 26' books. Felt a little bit rushed, especially by whoever proofread or edited it (one (minor) character's name was spelled differently on one open spread!). I still enjoy the Steve Dark character, though...so not all was lost. The new bad guy, Labyrinth, was interesting, and I enjoyed that his riddles got increasingly difficult to figure out, mimicking the escalation of his plans to change the world.

Overall, though, I think what disappointed me the most was t
Peter Salomon
Jan 31, 2012 Peter Salomon rated it liked it
There are scenes in the ABC television show ONCE UPON A TIME which are set in the fairy tale 'timeline.' In addition to costume and custom these scenes are readily apparent by what I hope is purposeful crappy elementary school level writing. The scenes in the modern/contemporary 'timeline' are written so well that I have to assume the stilted 'bad-high-school-play' writing is done on purpose.
Almost all of Dark Revelations is written in that style.
But, and here's the fun part: it works. It's part
Joe Hempel
Jan 29, 2012 Joe Hempel rated it really liked it
What a fantastic book!

Probably in the short list on this thought, but I like the video bridges in his books.

And in this book, I liked how you KNEW who the enemy was, and I enjoyed the cat and mouse game he played. The actor who portrayed Labrynth was played perfectly.

Especially bridge number 7...it really did hit home with todays current events, and gets you really thinking.

You almost felt bad for the guy at the end.

This also marks where Steve Dark actually tries to be part of a team rather than
Amy Garrett
Nov 10, 2014 Amy Garrett rated it it was amazing
the third book by anthony e zuiker is just as amazing. It helps to read the others first, at least the first, because the first book comes back to haunt steve. i LOVE the "cyber-bridges" that are in the book. being able to go online and see 5-8 min clips the correspond with the book is awesome, because it's a glimpse into zuiker's mind and how he wanted the characters to be seen. i really wish more books did this or that there were more level 26 books. i read the first one when it first came out ...more
Kelly Martins
Feb 05, 2017 Kelly Martins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing
France
Oct 27, 2012 France rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Troisième de la trilogie, ce roman mettant en vedette Steve Dark, me semble le plus achevé, le plus fini des trois. L'écriture est encore d'une précision chirurgicale. L'intrigue est puissante, enlevante et encore une fois, les extraits vidéos accessibles en ligne, nous font encore plus entrer dans le roman.

Combat entre le bien et le mal. Mais au juste, qu'est le bien, qu'est le mal? Qu'est l'apparence du bien? Qu'est l'apparence du mal? La fin justifie-t-elle les moyens ? Troublantes question
Tim Warner
Nov 26, 2012 Tim Warner rated it did not like it
I was completely disappointed. The first Level 26 was so good; the library did not have the second so I went to the third Level 26. And I thought this was Comic-book level writing without the benefit of graphics. I have not used the word "stupid" to describe or critique a book before, and I won't use it now because I don't want to incur the wrath of Mr. Zuiker nor his fans. So I will say that this is so sadly and regrettably an unnecessary read for those who liked the first Dark book.
Peggy
Mar 02, 2012 Peggy rated it it was amazing
This third and last book of the "Dark" trilogy is really amazing.
Better than the second book and as good as the first one.
This new killer is not what we can call crazy (compared to Sqweegel for example)but he is very intelligent.
Once again, Steve Dark is the better person available to catch this bad guy and his ability to think like a killer will lead him where he needs to be.
To resume : what a finale !
Thanks Mr Zuiker !
Shelby
Jul 16, 2013 Shelby rated it it was ok
I honestly did not enjoy this as strongly as I had the previous two in the series. It had some great themes and at times incredibly entertaining scenes...but it dragged and seemed so chalked full of cliches and even a bit tired. I kept telling myself I was taking my sweet time because I had no book to follow it up with, but really it was because I could not connect with the novel itself.

Though at the long end of the day if Steve Dark ever made a return I would happily give it another try.
Diane Perry
Oct 03, 2014 Diane Perry rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this series. The first is still my favorite by far, but this book did keep me turning the pages as usual. My only wish was that we learned more about Lisa Graysmith. Overall, we did learn about Dark and the ending was nice closure for him and Riggins. I will say I wonder if there will be more books in the future? The ending was a little vague.
Rachel Noding
Aug 19, 2015 Rachel Noding rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third and final book in the Steve Dark trilogy, Dark Revelation was probably my least favourite. All was going well until the final third, when it all was a little rushed. Overall, an enjoyable series of books that I know I'll read again and again. And the cyber bridges are well worth watching too!
Tymyvymy
Jul 28, 2013 Tymyvymy rated it it was amazing
Vynikající zakončení trilogie, po pokulhávajícím druhém dílu jsem se bál že ani toto nedosáhne kvalit prvního dílu série ale nakonec je překonalo. Nejsem zrovna fanouškem kriminálek, ale do tohoto bych se klidně rád pustil znovu. Pokud hledáte geniálního padoucha s touhou konat dobro a chtít změnit svět, pak je Labyrint tím pravím záporákem...
  • The Green God
  • Z: Zombie Stories
  • Borrowed Power
  • 30 Days of Night: Night, Again
  • The Dispatcher
  • 24 Declassified: Trojan Horse
  • The Weeping
  • Walking Money (Bill Tasker, #1)
  • Alpha (Jad Bell, #1)
  • Guilty or Else
  • Mystery Writers of America Presents Vengeance
  • Extended Family
  • The Edinburgh Dead
  • The Tehran Conviction (Jack Teller, #3)
  • November
  • Veto Power (24 Declassified, #2)
  • Midnight Alley
  • Shadowkiller (Nightwatcher #3)
Anthony E. Zuiker is the creator and executive producer of the American television show CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. He produced all three editions of the CSI franchise: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. Besides his work on CSI, he also founded the murder mystery show Whodunnit?. He also assisted in the writing of Terminator Salvation. He is currently involved in Blackbox ...more
More about Anthony E. Zuiker...

Level 26 (3 books)
  • Dark Origins (Level 26, #1)
  • Dark Prophecy (Level 26, #2)

“Quando se tem um fiapo de esperança,é possível sobreviver praticamente a qualquer experiência,por mais traumática que seja.” 0 likes