Start by marking “Winterborn” as Want to Read:
Winterborn

Winterborn

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"Tamsyn Hallert, an artist, exists in a vicious circle of addiction and recovery, fueled by her husband Sean’s long-time secret affair. The affair ended in his lover's bizarre suicide, but not before she left a surprise on Tam and Sean’s doorstep—Kevin, the son Sean never knew he had.

Sean moves them to the country, to his familial home near the crumbling Wraithborne Estate
Published June 1st 2011 by Damnation Books

To ask other readers questions about Winterborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winterborn

Mark Matthews
Winterborn starts with an addict in the most precarious of situations: A cop is about to pull her over, and she is terrified that he’ll know she is high.

Oh, but her fear is for a different reason than you’ll expect, and the twists hit early, and then hit often.

Winterborn is a rollicking tale of a marriage in trouble, a child delivered to the doorstep of this couple who is a bit devious, and then downright devilish and deliciously creepy. There’s an estate with a caretaker, reminiscent of the shi
J. Walker
Talk about creepy! I love a good scary story, and Roland didn't disappoint. There are so many twists and turns to this quick paced story I'm not sure how much to tell!

Tamsyn is a drug addict in a train wreck of a marriage to Sean. She's a temperamental artist. She's suffered with a philandering husband and multiple miscarriages. Now, her husband has moved her back to his hometown to raise his bastard son with his "other woman." What else could go wrong?

Never ask that question. The universe is al
Lacy
This is a book very well written and for me very much on the dark side. You have a drug addict and an adulterer and a psychotic person. Because I do not like to give spoilers I will not go in depth but I will say that if you are into demonic spirits, hallucinations, murder, attempted suicides this book will not disappoint you . To be fair to A.D. Roland this book is probably a 5 for most people but because I was asked to read and give an honest opinion I gave it a 3-4 because she her writing is ...more
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Becky Stephens
Becky Stephens marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Shayne
Shayne marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Linda Mays
Linda Mays marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Tara Wowra
Tara Wowra marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Zoeytron
Zoeytron marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Claire Riley
Claire Riley marked it as to-read
Jennifer Siddiqui
Jennifer Siddiqui marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Lisa Sandberg
Lisa Sandberg marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Anna Gould
Anna Gould marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Dina Lombardi
Dina Lombardi marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Jennifer Cloud
Jennifer Cloud marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
A.D. Roland
Apr 03, 2012 A.D. Roland added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A Year of You Dark Consort Swamp Baby Restoring Water Muse