Start by marking “The Main Line Murders” as Want to Read:
The Main Line Murders

The Main Line Murders

Two bodies are found on the railway line near Cramwell Station. The local press name the case, "The Main Line Murders". It is the first recorded case of a serial killer in Old Cramwell, a northern English seaside town in flux, between its industrial past and regenerated future. The first victim is an elegantly dressed woman whose head is so badly crushed it is impossible t ...more
Published (first published December 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Main Line Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Main Line Murders

Julian King
Jul 10, 2013 Julian King rated it it was ok
Even though I confess I haven't been able to finish the book, I think I'll review it anyway: at least I can't be accused of writing spoilers.

I'll have to meet someone who has read it before I find out for sure, but I won't be very surprised if it turns out that the sinister lecturer in history, who, yes, is locked in career arch-rivalry at 'Cramwell University' (oh please) and, yes, is in the middle of the latest in a long line of affairs, and, yes, was horrifically bullied as a child, turns out
Colette
Mar 08, 2015 Colette rated it it was ok
Sonia Kilvington
Aug 01, 2011 Sonia Kilvington rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Main Line Murders - New Edition

Two bodies are found on the railway line near Cramwell Station. The local press name the case, ‘The main line murders.’ It is the first recorded case of a serial killer in Old Cramwell, a northern English seaside town in flux, between its industrial past and regenerated future. The first victim is an elegantly dressed woman whose head is so badly crushed it is impossible to identify her from dental records.
As the investigation becomes more complex, Flynn belie
Maureen Vincent-Northam
The book opens with a killer placing his drugged victim on a railway track. We only find out who she is later in the book. Each of the main characters has myriad problems and it was difficult to actually warm to any of them over-much.

We learn of a former psychiatric institution and some of its patients, but who are the disturbed, and who the victims, is anyone’s guess until the end of this complex tale.

I found the story interesting and it kept me turning the pages though the author might like to
Allie
Jul 21, 2013 Allie rated it really liked it
I read this as a free Kindle download and although I enjoyed the story and the plot kept me guessing till the end, which I love in a book, I was very disappointed by the enormous amount of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and occasions where the 2 main female characters names had been mixed up, so you had to work out exactly who was being discussed in the story at that point.

It had clearly never been proof-read before being released (or the proof-reading had been done very badly) and had I
Paul
Jun 21, 2014 Paul rated it it was ok
The basic idea behind the story is two bodies are found on a railway line and the press dub the case "The Main Line Murders". The author tries to write a book with a number of threads reaching a dramatic conclusion, however something gets lost along the way. I didn't feel any sympathy for any of the characters, and didn't feel like the plot flowed. It seemed as thought the author didn't have a clear idea of what they wanted to achieve. I personally wouldn't recommend this book to someone looking ...more
Sheila Khan
Oct 20, 2015 Sheila Khan rated it it was ok
i very rarely write a review but had to with this book. The story was spoilt by the lack of editing, there are so many grammatical and spelling errors as well as the characters seeming to be interchangeable. Maybe if the 2 main female characters had names beginning with different letters they would not have been confused with each. Too many characters and the inability of the author to convey the passage of time between events spoiled my enjoyment of what could have been a very good plot
Hoopz Chick x
Dec 26, 2012 Hoopz Chick x rated it it was ok
This book needs some serious editing and spell checking. I found the amount of errors infuriating. The content of the book was ok. lots of characters and too many jumps from character to character making it difficult at times to keep up with the story line. Not a book I enjoyed very much at all.
Jane
Dec 28, 2012 Jane rated it did not like it
Took too long over introducing the sad miserable characters with sad miserable lives I wanted them all to murder each other. Needed a proof read - but it was free.
Emily
Jul 28, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
It was a weird book, full of disturbed, dysfunctional characters. I enjoyed the writing style and the plot was different from most detective novels. Unusual but enjoyable.

Sarah c
May 31, 2014 Sarah c rated it did not like it
The book was very confusing.The story line did not flow and the characters were weak not recommend this book to anyone.
Chris Longmuir
Jun 03, 2011 Chris Longmuir rated it it was ok
Interesting story so far, although the editing and proofing could have been better.
Shona
Shona rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2013
Marion Trautner
Marion Trautner rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
AnnMarie Slavin
AnnMarie Slavin rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2015
Keyette A Patterson
Keyette A Patterson rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Karen Bedingfield
Karen Bedingfield rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2015
Simon Lucas
Simon Lucas rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2013
C CRANKSHAW
C CRANKSHAW rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2016
Carole Brattan
Carole Brattan rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Dawn Davies
Dawn Davies rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Andrea Pryke
Andrea Pryke rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2013
Hazel Mcintyre
Hazel Mcintyre rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2013
Patrick Gallagher
Patrick Gallagher rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
kathie Volante
kathie Volante rated it it was ok
May 15, 2014
Nic
Nic rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Sonia Kilvington is a writer living and working in the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus. She has published many articles, travel features, short stories, interviews and poetry in glossy magazines across the island and also in Britain.
She currently writes the Author Interview and Celebrity features for In Touch magazine, Cyprus.

The Main Line Murders is her first novel which introduces the c
More about Sonia Kilvington...