Start by marking “The Main Line Murders” as Want to Read:
The Main Line Murders

The Main Line Murders

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Two bodies are found on the railway line near Cramwell Station. The local press name the case, "The Main Line Murders". It is the first recorded case of a serial killer in Old Cramwell, a northern English seaside town in flux, between its industrial past and regenerated future. The first victim is an elegantly dressed woman whose head is so badly crushed it is impossible t...more
Published (first published December 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Main Line Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Main Line Murders

Paul
The basic idea behind the story is two bodies are found on a railway line and the press dub the case "The Main Line Murders". The author tries to write a book with a number of threads reaching a dramatic conclusion, however something gets lost along the way. I didn't feel any sympathy for any of the characters, and didn't feel like the plot flowed. It seemed as thought the author didn't have a clear idea of what they wanted to achieve. I personally wouldn't recommend this book to someone looking...more
Julian King
Even though I confess I haven't been able to finish the book, I think I'll review it anyway: at least I can't be accused of writing spoilers.

I'll have to meet someone who has read it before I find out for sure, but I won't be very surprised if it turns out that the sinister lecturer in history, who, yes, is locked in career arch-rivalry at 'Cramwell University' (oh please) and, yes, is in the middle of the latest in a long line of affairs, and, yes, was horrifically bullied as a child, turns out...more
Sonia Kilvington
Aug 04, 2011 Sonia Kilvington rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
The Main Line Murders - New Edition

Two bodies are found on the railway line near Cramwell Station. The local press name the case, ‘The main line murders.’ It is the first recorded case of a serial killer in Old Cramwell, a northern English seaside town in flux, between its industrial past and regenerated future. The first victim is an elegantly dressed woman whose head is so badly crushed it is impossible to identify her from dental records.
As the investigation becomes more complex, Flynn belie...more
The book was very confusing.The story line did not flow and the characters were weak not recommend this book to anyone.
Allie
I read this as a free Kindle download and although I enjoyed the story and the plot kept me guessing till the end, which I love in a book, I was very disappointed by the enormous amount of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and occasions where the 2 main female characters names had been mixed up, so you had to work out exactly who was being discussed in the story at that point.

It had clearly never been proof-read before being released (or the proof-reading had been done very badly) and had I...more
Maureen Vincent-Northam
The book opens with a killer placing his drugged victim on a railway track. We only find out who she is later in the book. Each of the main characters has myriad problems and it was difficult to actually warm to any of them over-much.

We learn of a former psychiatric institution and some of its patients, but who are the disturbed, and who the victims, is anyone’s guess until the end of this complex tale.

I found the story interesting and it kept me turning the pages though the author might like to...more
Hoopz Chick x
This book needs some serious editing and spell checking. I found the amount of errors infuriating. The content of the book was ok. lots of characters and too many jumps from character to character making it difficult at times to keep up with the story line. Not a book I enjoyed very much at all.
Emily
It was a weird book, full of disturbed, dysfunctional characters. I enjoyed the writing style and the plot was different from most detective novels. Unusual but enjoyable.

Jane
Took too long over introducing the sad miserable characters with sad miserable lives I wanted them all to murder each other. Needed a proof read - but it was free.
Chris Longmuir
Interesting story so far, although the editing and proofing could have been better.
David Kavanagh
David Kavanagh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Cherry Main
Cherry Main marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
James Groenestein
James Groenestein marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Gemma
Gemma marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Cinisajoy
Cinisajoy marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Tracy Fenton
Tracy Fenton marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Steven Walle
Steven Walle marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Sonia Kilvington is a writer living and working in the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus. She has published many articles, travel features, short stories, interviews and poetry in glossy magazines across the island and also in Britain.
She currently writes the Author Interview and Celebrity features for In Touch magazine, Cyprus.

The Main Line Murders is her first novel which introduces the c...more
More about Sonia Kilvington...
Buried In The Hills (DI Flynn Mysteries)