Start by marking “Ending Your Day Right: Devotions for Every Evening of the Year” as Want to Read:

Published October 1st 2004 by Warner Faith

To ask other readers questions about Ending Your Day Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ending Your Day Right

Alissa Cook
Jan 12, 2012 Alissa Cook rated it it was amazing
I have several books just like this one, and I love them all!! It's so nice to read these each day. There's one page dedicated to each day of the year. I have plenty of time to do my thing in the mornings but I know some of you are on a tight schedule each day and don't have time to spare. This book is perfectly suited for you, in that if need be, the day's excerpt can be read very quickly and you can move on if you don't have the time to sit and ponder what you've just read, sort through your ...more
Mark Uncommon Valor
Jan 01, 2009 Mark Uncommon Valor rated it really liked it
Shelves: devotional
Be a Friend of God

And [so] the Scripture was fulfilled that says,Abraham believed in ( adhered to, trusted in, and relied on ) God, and this was accounted to him as righteousness ( as conformity to God's will in thought and deed ), and he was called God's friend.
James 2:23

It's obvious some people are closer to God than others. These " closer friends " of God speak of talking to Him as if they know Him personally. Their faces shine with enthusiasm as they testify, " And God told me . . . " while
Rgrega72
Jan 28, 2009 Rgrega72 is currently reading it
This is an excellent book to read at the end of the day just before going to bed. It sets your mind right and brings peace to body and mind before going to sleep. The best way to begin the day is by spending time with God and the best way to end the day is to spend time with God and this is an excellent book to do so!
Suzyberry
Nov 18, 2011 Suzyberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith-based
Joyce Meyer has a way of cutting through the clutter of spiritual wording...giving you the heart and soul of the thought she is expressing. This is a peaceful way to calm your mind and body before slumber. Short, beautiful and to the point...you'll be looking forward to the next evening's nugget of tranquility.
TSS
Oct 26, 2008 TSS rated it it was amazing
Also a nice way to end one's evening with scripture from the bible and word of encouragement from the author, Joyce Meyer.
Linda Rawlins
Dec 30, 2012 Linda Rawlins rated it it was amazing
Daily devotions book for peaceful thought and meditation, especially after stressful day. Will restart Jan 1, 2013.
Allyson
Jun 02, 2014 Allyson rated it really liked it
Let's just say that I'm reading it year round and will try to read it the rest of my life. I'm tired of seeing it in my curently-reading shelf.
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 Kate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kate by: Mom
I'm not extremely religious so some of the "Devotions" don't mean as much to me as they might to others. Overall a nice little gift from Mom.
Lauren
May 22, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
Great collection of thoughts to end the night on. An uplifting and encouraging devotional.
Hilary
Jan 02, 2012 Hilary rated it really liked it
Short, thoughtful evening devotionals, slightly more targeted at women but not exclusively.
Wyvonna
Jun 04, 2012 Wyvonna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: excellent-read
EXCELLENT READ
Leslie
Aug 04, 2008 Leslie rated it liked it
Short and sweet, but a good launchpad for your home devotions.
Debra Davison
Apr 07, 2011 Debra Davison rated it it was amazing
I have had this for a few years now, and can't imagine not having it on the bedside table!!!
Stephanie wood
Aug 25, 2008 Stephanie wood rated it it was amazing
We read this one everynight!!!!
Tawnya
Jun 09, 2010 Tawnya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought-in-2009
This is an ongoing book with me, I read it everyday.
Rebecka Read
Sep 26, 2012 Rebecka Read rated it really liked it
Love!
Pam Schoeff-groth
Feb 26, 2014 Pam Schoeff-groth rated it it was amazing
I love this devotional. It's my favorite!
Marianne Pita
Great!
Kacey
Jul 12, 2013 Kacey rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites that I pick up at least weekly.
Bridget
May 22, 2008 Bridget rated it it was amazing
Shelves: joyce-meyer
Very helpful book.
Janet
Feb 03, 2011 Janet rated it it was amazing
see Starting your day right (Combo binding)
Michelle Buchnowski-dorobiala
What a great way to end a hectic day.
Shirley Thompson
Review

Very good evening devotional. Joyce is always uplifting helping you through difficult times. I began this devotional halfway through this past year. Now I will go back to the beginning.
Lindsay
Mar 26, 2012 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I really enjoy this simple devotional. There is one for each evening of the year. The readings are nice and short which is perfect for me as they keep my attetion at the end of a long day and I don't fall asleep while reading them. :-) Simple way to end the day before going to sleep.
Lorraine Rohleder
Good book

Great book. Some things hit close to home and really made me think. Will recommend book to all my friends.
Denise
Dec 30, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyers Don't go Wrong!!!!!

If you reading anything by Joyce Meyers, she writes with Holy spirit. I really like this devotion from her. A+ for this book!!!!!
Angela Williams
Angela Williams rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Joann Schall
Joann Schall rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Mily
Mily rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
Denyelle Tacie-barrett
Denyelle Tacie-barrett rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort
  • Jesus: 90 Days With the One and Only (Personal Reflections)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified: An Essential Guide for Understanding and Living with BPD
  • The Transformation of the Inner Man
  • God's Creative Power for Healing (God's Creative Power)
  • The One Year Devotions for Couples
  • The Christmas Spirit: Memories of Family, Friends, and Faith
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Face Down
  • The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family: Over 100 Practical and Tested Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Kids
  • The Anointing
  • A Mind for God
  • Uninvited
  • Growing in Christ
  • God Wants You Well
  • A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...

“JANUARY 19 Expect the Blessings of God Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. PSALM 27:14 Sometimes you may feel discouraged, miserable, and depressed. In those times you need to take a close look at what’s been going on in your mind. Isaiah 26:3 tells you when you keep your mind on the Lord you will have “perfect and constant peace.” By focusing on the goodness of God and waiting, hoping, and expecting Him to encourage you and fill you with His peace and joy, you can overcome negative thoughts that drag you down. Think and speak positively. Begin believing right now that you are about to see God’s goodness in your life. Wait, hope, and expect His blessings to be abundant in your life.” 2 likes
“The only way to develop a heart of flesh is to spend time with God.” 1 likes